Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
14 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well just a big shout out to the NHS - burnt my hand when camping. In and out and treated in 15 mins with a letter for the referral in Bromley for Friday.

Bloody brilliant.

Oh and don't pour boiling water on your hands. It really hurts.

Royal likes this

47 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Well just a big shout out to the NHS - burnt my hand when camping. In and out and treated in 15 mins with a letter for the referral in Bromley for Friday.

Bloody brilliant.

Oh and don't pour boiling water on your hands. It really hurts.

Easily solved. Don't go camping.

3 hours ago, Spider said:

Royal likes this

Royal has just been to the hospital with his old man. Walked in on him having a stroke today! Ambulance was there within 30 mins and he was in the stroke unit at Salford within 40 mins of them turning up. He’s currently got plenty of nurses fussing over him which he’s happy about. Well done the NHS. 

1 minute ago, royal white said:

Royal has just been to the hospital with his old man. Walked in on him having a stroke today! Ambulance was there within 30 mins and he was in the stroke unit at Salford within 40 mins of them turning up. He’s currently got plenty of nurses fussing over him which he’s happy about. Well done the NHS. 

Hope he's okay.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Hope he's OK

7 minutes ago, Zico said:

Has anyone ever met or known a civil servant? 

I don't think I have 

I'm not even sure what they do

My ex wife was a civil servant- grade A, just below a SCS.

They do an awful lot.

CS look after our tax money on the markets, comms, law, pr, admin, reception.

They make sure the cogs of our government run.

• Site Supporter
22 minutes ago, royal white said:

Crikey. Fingers crossed it’s a short stay and he’s home asap

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Hope all is OK and he can make a swift recovery. 

2 hours ago, royal white said:

He'd best get a wriggle on, you've a plane to catch 😉

Hope it's not as bad as these things can be.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Not in Crawley said:

My ex wife was a civil servant- grade A, just below a SCS.

They do an awful lot.

CS look after our tax money on the markets, comms, law, pr, admin, reception.

They make sure the cogs of our government run.

Where do they go to work?

• Members
13 hours ago, Spider said:

They are there to tell the truth as well.

Which can be a real pain. 🥰

You really believe that eh? FFS, we have no hope. Pull the fucking plug now and let the whole place sink.

• Members
3 hours ago, royal white said:

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for your dad mate.

Cheers all for the wishes. Luckily it looks like it was only a minor stroke. He was sat up last night when I went to see him. His speech was still slurred but a massive improvement from when I first found him at home. Again big well done to the NHS staff. 

9 hours ago, royal white said:

Hope all is ok with him.

7 hours ago, Zico said:

Where do they go to work?

If they are in London in all the government offices.

My ex was head of internal comms at tge DCMS and their office was on cockspur st just off trafalgar Square. But the government sold it so its now the Candadian Embassy building.

Basically all those massive buildings around Westminster.

1 hour ago, royal white said:

Cheers all for the wishes. Luckily it looks like it was only a minor stroke. He was sat up last night when I went to see him. His speech was still slurred but a massive improvement from when I first found him at home. Again big well done to the NHS staff. 

👍