Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 45.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    5124

  • Mounts Kipper

    3426

  • boltondiver

    2977

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2887

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would encourage everyone to read the story and background of Emmett Till For those who don’t know who Emmett Till was he was a 14 year old black boy, who wolf whistled at a white lady. As a res

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I love the pin a rosette accusation. I've voted Conservative before and may do again, but these are my local elections. There are certain local issues I'd like looking at.

I mean we can chase our tail on stats all day, given Kahn stopped and reversed Johnson's cuts to the met to meet the issue with knife crime and now spending on policing in London is higher than it ever was under the Tories. Also, crime has risen faster in other parts of Engalnd since 2016 than London. Again, a slippery thing like figures you can turn them for any arguement. Burglaries in London have risen but sexual attacks are down compared to a rise throughout the country, and one of the main issues with using recoreded crime figures for increase or decrease is that the more money pumped into policing, the better they are at recording and following up on crime so an effect of increased funding is actually an increase in recorded crime. That's a kicker, but if you are in the job for public service rather than ego, its something you have to live with I guess.

The biggest thing to Londoners, other than crime and community, the one thing that gets people's backs up is transport. The cable car, the bridge (what was it £50 odd million on something that was never built) people got sick of vanity projects. More money invested, taking on train companies and popular schemes like the Hopper fare rather than another bridge over the Thames, have been popular with the public.

 

There you go....no deflection from these official figures.........but but but like a speedboat all you like squire 😉 

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/380963/london-crime-rate/

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, miamiwhite said:

100 quid with @Jol_BWFCthat Khan wouldn't still be in his office today, something like that, Jol knows the full details

Yes, it was £100 that Khan wouldn’t see out his current term. You were convinced some skeletons would come out of the closet and he would leave his post before the end.

 

2 hours ago, miamiwhite said:

@Jol_BWFC

Is it today our bet ends ?

Right, let's see you put your money where your keyboard mouth is 😃 

Fancy a double or quits for charity in the boxing ring ? I will travel to you, just name the venue.

In fact, if you do have balls, I will make it £500 to you if you win......How's that sound ? 👊 

Yes, indeed it is today. With Khan having seen out his term (even with a year extension!) it’s finally settled.

It would be foolish not to at least ask what the double or quit bet would be. But no, I don’t have any appetite for a double/quit. I’ve waited about 4 years for this one!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yes, it was £100 that Khan wouldn’t see out his current term. You were convinced some skeletons would come out of the closet and he would leave his post before the end.

 

Yes, indeed it is today. With Khan having seen out his term (even with a year extension!) it’s finally settled.

It would be foolish not to at least ask what the double or quit bet would be. But no, I don’t have any appetite for a double/quit. I’ve waited about 4 years for this one!

Fair enough if you're too yellow to step into the ring for charity. Send us your details via PM and I'll fire the money over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Fair enough if you're too yellow to step into the ring for charity. Send us your details via PM and I'll fire the money over.

Yeah, boxing is not my thing.

I’d be happy for you to donate £100 to WanderersWays on my behalf, if you’re ok with that? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

There you go....no deflection from these official figures.........but but but like a speedboat all you like squire 😉 

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/380963/london-crime-rate/

Did you read my post. You post a boom fact, then I will. As Yori says its about which position you are seeing this from.

I also have a meeting with York Museums now so you can post more if you want.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Did you read my post. You post a boom fact, then I will. As Yori says its about which position you are seeing this from.

I also have a meeting with York Museums now so you can post more if you want.

Will post knife crime figures which have increased year on year under your Messiah 😉 

 

The position i'm seeing it from like all normal people who like the truth is from the official figures, hope it suffices your appetite and desire for the truth

 

https://www.statista.com/statistics/864736/knife-crime-in-london/

Edited by miamiwhite
Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

 

 

 

 

12 minutes ago, Jol_BWFC said:

Yeah, boxing is not my thing.

I’d be happy for you to donate £100 to WanderersWays on my behalf, if you’re ok with that? 

Not a problem pal, do you want to inform Happy via PM or shall I ? 

Edited by miamiwhite
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

I love the pin a rosette accusation. I've voted Conservative before and may do again, but these are my local elections. There are certain local issues I'd like looking at.

I mean we can chase our tail on stats all day, given Kahn stopped and reversed Johnson's cuts to the met to meet the issue with knife crime and now spending on policing in London is higher than it ever was under the Tories. Also, crime has risen faster in other parts of Engalnd since 2016 than London. Again, a slippery thing like figures you can turn them for any arguement. Burglaries in London have risen but sexual attacks are down compared to a rise throughout the country, and one of the main issues with using recoreded crime figures for increase or decrease is that the more money pumped into policing, the better they are at recording and following up on crime so an effect of increased funding is actually an increase in recorded crime. That's a kicker, but if you are in the job for public service rather than ego, its something you have to live with I guess.

The biggest thing to Londoners, other than crime and community, the one thing that gets people's backs up is transport. The cable car, the bridge (what was it £50 odd million on something that was never built) people got sick of vanity projects. More money invested, taking on train companies and popular schemes like the Hopper fare rather than another bridge over the Thames, have been popular with the public.

 

You do realise Khan cut the Met budget in 2017 by £38million and backtracked on his promise of increasing the numbers in the Met to 32,000 police officers ? Only recently, when under severe pressure to do so, has he injected more into the Met budget.

Would you honestly say he has a better crime record than Johnson as Mayor ? Remember, the official stats do not lie.

Khan favours funding vanity projects especially in the city centre over reducing the crime rate, that is proven during his tenure.

You seem very defensive re his record and have to divert the attention away to the country as a whole.

I sincerely hope he makes a bid for PM, then the entire nation not just a red London will quite rightly judge him for the failure he is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You do realise Khan cut the Met budget in 2017 by £38million and backtracked on his promise of increasing the numbers in the Met to 32,000 police officers ? Only recently, when under severe pressure to do so, has he injected more into the Met budget.

Would you honestly say he has a better crime record than Johnson as Mayor ? Remember, the official stats do not lie.

Khan favours funding vanity projects especially in the city centre over reducing the crime rate, that is proven during his tenure.

You seem very defensive re his record and have to divert the attention away to the country as a whole.

I sincerely hope he makes a bid for PM, then the entire nation not just a red London will quite rightly judge him for the failure he is.

Read what I've written rather than just bang the same drum. It'll make sense then.

I get you personally have an issue with him, which is toatlly fine, I'm just outlining some of the reason's he's on track to be voted back as the most popular mayor since the role was created.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway, those who do support Johnson and the Conservatives in this election should be cock-a-hoop today, it looks like its going to be a bad day for Labour which will pile more pressure on Starmer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting to hear an insight from a local resident.

What are the downsides of Khan? Policy errors?

He lives in Edinburgh 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Read what I've written rather than just bang the same drum. It'll make sense then.

I get you personally have an issue with him, which is toatlly fine, I'm just outlining some of the reason's he's on track to be voted back as the most popular mayor since the role was created.

You just try to shift the attention from the original point which was that tweet about his crap record on crime. Stick of beating you arse up now with facts 😃 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Anyway, those who do support Johnson and the Conservatives in this election should be cock-a-hoop today, it looks like its going to be a bad day for Labour which will pile more pressure on Starmer.

I've not even looked, is it really bad for Labour ? 

If they lose Hartlepool, it will be messy for Starmer to get out of this.

Who's the next favourite for leader, is there actually anybody who would want the job ? Bit of a poisoned chalice at present.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Anyway, those who do support Johnson and the Conservatives in this election should be cock-a-hoop today, it looks like its going to be a bad day for Labour which will pile more pressure on Starmer.

Labour only got my vote for council election as she was the only one who lived in the ward. And I quite like Burnham so he got my vote in GM mayor.

Labour seem to be relying on the 'we're not the Tories' tactics for getting votes rather than saying what they are standing for.

The Greens currently are who would get my vote based on policy (despite their daft stance on nuclear power)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, boltondiver said:

Interesting to hear an insight from a local resident.

What are the downsides of Khan? Policy errors?

Well as I say, the outer London tax is a personal pain, Transport and ongoing commuting costs - how will the city cope when people aren't coming in in the same numbers, our office is moving to 20% of time in the office over 2 weeks. That will effect lots of local businesses and can we get reduced carne cards for part time travel or something.

Housing and landlords, we need more affordable housing and London rents are stupid there should be more controls over this, otherwise the city will only be able to be enjoyed by the rich in a way Berlin isn't, and he doesn't favour rent freezes but he does favour rent control, lets see if this comes to pass, and overregulation has frozen the building of new houses - although its still on course to deliever more than Johnson in his 8 years. 

He's too 'Labour' in that he attacks the government, that isn't the role of mayor - its working with all parties in central government to get the best deal for Londoners. Green blet reform needs looking at.

But also its an election, so you have to look at who the other candidate is, and Bailey is an absolute no hoper. His pamplets contained loads of errors that made him look foolish, stupid and if not duplicitous and a liar, his coments on women were misguided. Even a competent challanger would have faced a tough battle against Khan, but this guy shouldn't be in the running which is why Kahn is going to win by a considerabale margin

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

I've not even looked, is it really bad for Labour ? 

If they lose Hartlepool, it will be messy for Starmer to get out of this.

Who's the next favourite for leader, is there actually anybody who would want the job ? Bit of a poisoned chalice at present.

Well it depends if the Corbynites decide to challange him on poor local elections enough to force a leadership contest. I doubt they will but its a possibility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, leigh white said:

If the Hartlepool folk thought a monkey was a French spy and hung it, they deserve a Tory MP.

Well, they have never lost their red seat, so I sort of agree with your point there young man 😄 🤣 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Well, they have never lost their red seat, so I sort of agree with your point there young man 😄 🤣 

Pool the Brexit Party and Tory votes last time and labour would have lost healthily

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Anyway, those who do support Johnson and the Conservatives in this election should be cock-a-hoop today, it looks like its going to be a bad day for Labour which will pile more pressure on Starmer.

Too early to tell?

and then there’s Scotland

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.