Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s nice for them.

Doesn’t really solve the issue current UK manufacturing is having with exports.

I’m sorry to sound selfish, but the fortunes of some cunt in the north east won’t bring back the custom we’ve lost.

Maybe you need an example.

25% of your roofing business has gone to some foreigner. He’s laughing at you from the rooftops as you walk by. 

Would you turn the other cheek and say you’re not bothered because Jossies Giants  got a contract?

Joking aside and said this before, they can retrain or look for other work, there is plenty being created. They need to stop being a one trick pony like yourself 🐟 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 44.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    4792

  • Mounts Kipper

    3422

  • boltondiver

    2933

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2834

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

Tough Shit?   Just to be clear, you're saying that if you were to lose your job and your standard of living hit the skids for a few years, you'd be ok with it because you could wave your blue passpo

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Joking aside and said this before, they can retrain or look for other work, there is plenty being created. They need to stop being a one trick pony like yourself 🐟 

I get bills every month.

Not sure I want to retrain as a barista

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Then why would you think I give a fuck about a lord of geordies getting contracts.

You look after your own first cocker.

Exactly, even though I thought you were now such a proud socialist 😉 😜 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Spider said:

That’s nice for them.

Doesn’t really solve the issue current UK manufacturing is having with exports.

I’m sorry to sound selfish, but the fortunes of some cunt in the north east won’t bring back the custom we’ve lost.

Maybe you need an example.

25% of your roofing business has gone to some foreigner. He’s laughing at you from the rooftops as you walk by. 

Would you turn the other cheek and say you’re not bothered because Jossies Giants  got a contract?

Importers are also having issues.

Problems both ways.

In order to improve the situation then both sides will need to examine areas of weakness and modify them accordingly. 

Was always going to be problems given the size of such an agreement. 

Overall however, considering the pandemic, unemployment hasn't increased as much as was anticipated, and predictions are that it will reverse quickly so things must be balancing themselves out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
Just now, miamiwhite said:

Rolls Royce consortium are creating 40k jobs, worth a shot pal.

Why should I take a pay cut?

Things were hunky dory.

Then the line was cut.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Spider said:

Why should I take a pay cut?

Things were hunky dory.

Then the line was cut.

You must be a Visionary......how do you know you won't be on more money without even looking what they are offering in terms of position etc ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

You must be a Visionary......how do you know you won't be on more money without even looking what they are offering in terms of position etc ?

Things were just fine.

They changed for a really unusual reason.

One that all sides agree was a bit daft.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Spider said:

Why should I take a pay cut?

Things were hunky dory.

Then the line was cut.

Folk have had employment difficulties for time immemorial, whatever the reason- recession, loss of industry abroad, new technologies etc.

You've still got a job, but if it's no longer suiting your needs, then you will have to look elsewhere. 

Previous threads were plastered with posts from folk who have come out better after a shitty time.

Keeping banging on about it won't change anything. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Spider said:

Things were just fine.

They changed for a really unusual reason.

One that all sides agree was a bit daft.

Drown in your own pity then fella or do something about it.

You need a boot up the arse and I will gladly do it for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
7 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Drown in your own pity then fella or do something about it.

You need a boot up the arse and I will gladly do it for you.

I’ll be just fine

But no one likes having their pocket picked.

You just want to touch my bottom.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Spider said:

I’ll be just fine

But no one likes having their pocket picked.

You just want to touch my bottom.

I just want to pass my COVID onto you 😃 

Feel like absolute shite the last day or two.

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, miamiwhite said:

Rolls Royce consortium are creating 40k jobs, worth a shot pal.

Are they?

I know they're talking about possibly creating up to 40K jobs at some point in the 2030's if their idea for small scale nuclear reactors works, which it may or may not.

I'm not sure I would go as far as suggesting that they are creating 40k jobs at the minute. Fingers crossed it'll happen, but it's still ten years away, and might still not go ahead anyway

Edited by Sweep
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sweep said:

Are they?

I know they're talking about possibly creating up to 40K jobs at some point in the 2030's of their idea for small scale nuclear reactors works, which it may or may not.

I'm not sure if go as far as suggesting that they are creating 40k jobs at the minute. Fingers crossed it'll happen, but it's still ten years away, and might still not go ahead anyway

Yes, the article was uploaded earlier.

I mentioned the timescale too, though some work starts this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

In all honesty, I'd never heard of the place until now- didn't know Spain had such an enclave.

Yet they want Gibraltar back!

The place was rather busy the other year when they were scuffling with the Spanish plod 👊 😉 

Plenty of interesting midweek footage available online and way back in this thread.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.