Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

2 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

All I'm trying to say is for everyone to chill a bit. It's relentless on here. Circumstances for everyone are different. 

But. This time next year I bet most are doing the same job, live in the same house, been on the same holidays, doing the same weekly shop,  have the same responsibilities and are all looking after you're families the same as you're doing now.

This is a bit of a bigger discussion than I really can go through at this stage on here.

If you want to chill, that's ok, but it's also OK for people for people to want to discuss politics, it's history and where it could lead. It's not histrionics, it's just normal; I wouldn't disavow anyone who feels it is important. 

It's probably the most important thing to discuss that we can.

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I would argue that you are making things up, where did I say it shouldn’t go unpunished?

Dont go down the cheese route and make things up, it’s never a good look. 

You’ve said we should move on. That what has happened is now done and dusted

I would argue that it shouldn’t be left at that. If you go and lie to your boss/commanding officer you’d expect to be dealt with severely.

So should lying to parliament be punished?

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

I would argue that it shouldn’t be left at that. If you go and lie to your boss/commanding officer you’d expect to be dealt with severely.

He's had a fine 🙂 

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Yes it should Be but, correct me if I’m wrong, there’s nothing legally binding to say he should be sacked or resign. If that’s the case then let’s move on. 

2 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yes it should Be but, correct me if I’m wrong, there’s nothing legally binding to say he should be sacked or resign. If that’s the case then let’s move on. 

I think we should just move on, if only to see what happens. To be honest it's like we've been living in a socio-political experiment for 10 years, now it's in the death rattle phase, I'm interested to see how much the public with put up with.

We are living in interesting times, if nothing else.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

He's had a fine 🙂 

That was for breaking the law

Im talking about lying to parliament.

very fucking different.

And again, politics isn’t for everyone.

18 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

This is a bit of a bigger discussion than I really can go through at this stage on here.

If you want to chill, that's ok, but it's also OK for people for people to want to discuss politics, it's history and where it could lead. It's not histrionics, it's just normal; I wouldn't disavow anyone who feels it is important. 

It's probably the most important thing to discuss that we can.

Fair enough.

Anyways... How's it going with the Ukrainian refugees you were open to taking? One of your posts I did take notice of 😉

7 hours ago, wanderer1984 said:

Fair enough.

Anyways... How's it going with the Ukrainian refugees you were open to taking? One of your posts I did take notice of 😉

Yeah, odd one that, because we rent we obviously had to ask the owners, one said yes but the other (I think they are divorced and Co own the house- I don't know, the woman lives in the Caribbean somewhere, he lives round the corner) said they weren't sure about it but would donate 2 months rent to a Ukraine charity. 

All in all, an utter pain in the arse and another tick in the box of try to own your own house.

• Site Supporter

Arsenal advertise Rwanda on their shirts as a snazzy tourist destination.

Now all you need to do is black up, wait on a beach in Kent for a lift to the airport and you can go for free.

Our government are too kind.

1 hour ago, Not in Crawley said:

Yeah, odd one that, because we rent we obviously had to ask the owners, one said yes but the other (I think they are divorced and Co own the house- I don't know, the woman lives in the Caribbean somewhere, he lives round the corner) said they weren't sure about it but would donate 2 months rent to a Ukraine charity. 

All in all, an utter pain in the arse and another tick in the box of try to own your own house.

At least you tried. Getting my house checked by LA later today. Apparently sending a maintenance guy and another to tick boxes. 

10 minutes ago, wanderer1984 said:

At least you tried. Getting my house checked by LA later today. Apparently sending a maintenance guy and another to tick boxes. 

That's good. I think the letting agency steered the landlord off as it's a big headache for them I imagine and sub letting from dodgy folk might be rife.

But 3,400 donated isn't bad I suppose IF he actually does it.

We did a huge clothes sort to donate but it seems they don't really need clothes at the moment, so we took these to the local women's shelter and helping the local polish centre in Lewisham - sent stuff to them as they are doing a huge appeal here.

34 minutes ago, Spider said:

Arsenal advertise Rwanda on their shirts as a snazzy tourist destination.

Now all you need to do is black up, wait on a beach in Kent for a lift to the airport and you can go for free.

Our government are too kind.

Ming boggling that is 

Still, it'll play well for the flag shaggers 

• Site Supporter

Rwanda 

The same country that the same government raised concerns at the UN  in 2021  about their failure to conduct transparent investigations into human rights violations for those in custody , including death in custody centres and failure to identify and protect victims of human trafficking in government detention centres , is now the place we will send people looking for help. 

might make it less attractive proposition I suppose, and will no doubt be popular with some , but fucking hell its not in the historic tradition of this country and the fact it’s a decision made by people who wouldn’t be here had their own forbears not received a refuge makes it even worse.