Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

29 minutes ago, Spider said:

Sunlit uplands and an NHS with nurses every 20 paces

Watching that video has, sadly, reminded me that David Davis exists. He is/was the worst of the lot. An absolute thundercunt who promised the earth and delivered absolutely fuck all. 

All those rights and privileges I've lost still irk me, especially the right to free movement around Europe without all the hassle, visas and time restraints I now face. After 50 years of paying into our tax system, me and the missus were so looking forward to spending a good chunk of our retirement poodling around the continent in our old camper van whilst we still can.

7 minutes ago, Wanderlust said:

All those rights and privileges I've lost still irk me, especially the right to free movement around Europe without all the hassle, visas and time restraints I now face. After 50 years of paying into our tax system, me and the missus were so looking forward to spending a good chunk of our retirement poodling around the continent in our old camper van whilst we still can.

I know, filling in a visa online is horrendous. I’ll pray for you later. 

6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Yup. 27 of them for the round Europe summer holiday and it gets worse...I have to put a GB sticker on the camper so I can be identified as the village idiot and pelted with cabbages.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, royal white said:

That would be fair comment if you could outweigh it with a single tangible benefit... and that's before we even go into the massive fuck up it's made of our economy.

Edited by Cheese

2 minutes ago, Cheese said:

That would be fair comment if you could outweigh it with a single tangible benefit...

We can change the placement of road warning signs in the Dartford Tunnel from metres to yards, change the limit of vacuum cleaner electrical consumption and pay extortionate telephone roaming charges in Europe.

OK they aren't benefits "as such" - but we at least we now have the option to f*** ourselves over,

1 minute ago, Wanderlust said:

Weirdly, a woodland lakeside pitch with a hook-up and a small bar in Siberia isn't on my bucket list.

Was going to St Petersburg

Loved it and planned to go again but COVID hit

Then they invaded Ukraine so another visit is out

It asks questions like 'have you been a member of a terrorist organisation', where you've worked for the last ten years, who you're parents are, what social media you use etc 

And it reads in very broken English 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

You forgot to mention all the benefits.

You we’re probably busy, so when you have an hour you can make the list 😁

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m not comparing, if filling out a visa is to much for you then you really don’t want to travel do you. 

But it wasn’t necessary until recently.

Things were supposed to improve.

Anyway, I see we’re down to bailing out British Steel. What with exports being so healthy.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, royal white said:

I’m not comparing, if filling out a visa is to much for you then you really don’t want to travel do you. 

Can you give a single example of something comparably better yet?

5 minutes ago, Spider said:

You can’t can you eh? Eh? Eh?

You voted Brexit and you fucked up, since Brexit I’ve ended up with the best job I’ve had paying the best money I’ve earned for a long while. It’s benefited me so there you go. 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

You voted Brexit and you fucked up, since Brexit I’ve had ended up with the best job I’ve had paying the best money I’ve eanrt for a long while. It’s benefited me so there you go. 

I can admit to making an error. It’s good for the soul.

So, to summarise, Brexit has all been worthwhile because you did well. Was the job a direct consequence of Brexit?

Maybe we can all do it 😁

Just now, Spider said:

I can admit to making an error. It’s good for the soul.

So, to summarise, Brexit has all been worthwhile because you did well. Was the job a direct consequence of Brexit?

Maybe we can all do it 😁

I doubt it was but anything bad that happens in the country seems to be because of Brexit so let’s embrace this and thank Brexit for my good job! 

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

I doubt it was but anything bad that happens in the country seems to be because of Brexit so let’s embrace this and thank Brexit for my good job! 

Fair enough.

Thats one person doing ok out of 65 million.

the millions complaining must be making it all up.

Any benefits for them?