Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

39 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Hunt isn't competent. My Mrs worked with him at the DCMS, just very bad and self-serving. Looks like a MP though and folk like that.

Gove is bright but not great with the public.

Ring the bell for changes is what I say....

What an absolute fucking Jeremy Hunt he is.

54 minutes ago, Whitesince63 said:

Crikey, it’s worse than I thought. Don’t you think one Lammy is more than enough? Most do.

As I say, I don't get it. Please let me know why you don't think he's competent when his whole career has been nothing but overachieving and working as a public servant. 

I've yet to see anymore make a coherent case against why he's not one of our best MPs.

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

As I say, I don't get it. Please let me know why you don't think he's competent when his whole career has been nothing but overachieving and working as a public servant. 

I've yet to see anymore make a coherent case against why he's not one of our best MPs.

If you ever wondered how long it takes to go on Google and dig up some vague shit from a right wing tabloid about someone, your answer is incoming fairly soon I expect 😁

Edited by Spider

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

If you ever wondered how long it takes to go on Google and dig up some vague shit from a right wing tabloid about someone, your answer is incoming fairly soon I expect 😁

Fair enough if people don't agree with him. That's fine - it's political opinions. There just seems to be a vauge sense of dislike for no reason.

20 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I see Lee Anderson has become the deputy party chair of the Tories.    

I think if a poll went up about which Lee Anderson was the forums favourite against Kathy Lloyds fella it would be a closer call than you think which is impressive. In fact I may just do a poll.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Spider said:

there's a section on his wiki page titled "Comments attracting criticism" which is bein copy and pasted as we speak

17 minutes ago, tomski said:

I think if a poll went up about which Lee Anderson was the forums favourite against Kathy Lloyds fella it would be a closer call than you think which is impressive. In fact I may just do a poll.

They're both cunts

18 minutes ago, Zico said:

there's a section on his wiki page titled "Comments attracting criticism" which is bein copy and pasted as we speak

Just had a quick read of that out of interest. So basically he questioned the white saviour narrative of a few things, correctly in my personal views, and comic relief acted appropriately. Its an issue that is discussed many times in film and literature about unhelpful character tropes perpetuating stereotypes. Its a fair point, doesn't question good intentions, just that it's something that really needs looking at. See a book like The Help as an example of these issues.

Said something against Rod Liddle claiming its unhelpful to just blame violence on absent fathers in the black community.

So it seems its mainly The Spectator that's he's questioned.

As I say, don't get it.

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

Just had a quick read of that out of interest. So basically he questioned the white saviour narrative of a few things, correctly in my personal views, and comic relief acted appropriately. Its an issue that is discussed many times in film and literature about unhelpful character tropes perpetuating stereotypes. Its a fair point, doesn't question good intentions, just that it's something that really needs looking at. See a book like The Help as an example of these issues.

Said something against Rod Liddle claiming its unhelpful to just blame violence on absent fathers in the black community.

So it seems its mainly The Spectator that's he's questioned.

As I say, don't get it.

He probably likes immigrants. You're getting too detailed.

6 hours ago, mickbrown said:

She's ace. The thickest twat ever to serve in government.

My favourite was her calling England players virtue signalling for taking the knee at the euros. Then after the final saying how disgraceful it was when Saka and Rashford received racist abuse. Stupid bitch!

• Members
2 hours ago, Winchester White said:

Give over.  She used to reduce Patel to having tantrums when in her seat when yet another claim or position was blown out the water. 

I am yet to be convinced by Lammy current foreign sec Cleverly doesn't inspire confidence either.

We'll agree to disagree. You and a few of the others of reddish hue will get your wish in 2024 I suspect.

I'd feel safer being run by The Griffin tap room than the likes of Lammy, the Stockport slapper and the Bidenesque Mr. Beige.

Rest assured, I'll be waiting.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

We'll agree to disagree. You and a few of the others of reddish hue will get your wish in 2024 I suspect.

I'd feel safer being run by The Griffin tap room than the likes of Lammy, the Stockport slapper and the Bidenesque Mr. Beige.

Rest assured, I'll be waiting.

You haven’t made a single defence for the utter incompetence of the last 12 years.

Wait all you like.

The thing that concerns me about Lammy is his tendency to assume a disparate outcome is necessarily a result of bias, which - if applied to public policy - would be disastrous 

He also as a habit of saying silly things, but I think beyond that he's fundamentally a good man

He was bang on about Stacey Dooley and Comic Relief