Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
9 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Agree 100% Too close to Labour. Too much pandering to minorities instead of the majority as they are supposed to.

Significant lurch to the right desperately needed. Out of the ECHR, stop the boats, deport illegals, crush anarchists.

Vote winners all round.

Definitely been affected by the progressive lurch. 

However, a chunk of society has been affected similarly, so perhaps no surprise. 

Fortunately, the worm is turning, and the folly of it all is being revealed. The new bill has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons and the migrant issue is in their sights. A clear difference for voters to see.

As an aside, we've sorted the CPTPP membership, which is another step in the right direction. 

• Site Supporter
5 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

However, a chunk of society has been affected similarly, so perhaps no surprise. 

Fortunately, the worm is turning, and the folly of it all is being revealed. The new bill has thrown the cat amongst the pigeons and the migrant issue is in their sights. A clear difference for voters to see.

As an aside, we've sorted the CPTPP membership, which is another step in the right direction. 

Shows how far to the right you are that you consider "progression" a bad thing. What time in history do you think we should return to?

12 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

That’s great news, such a shame that the EU wasn’t just left as a trading only partnership. However we move on. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s great news, such a shame that the EU wasn’t just left as a trading only partnership. However we move on. 

We already had free trade deals with those countries (except I think Brunei).

Govt have said it will add 0.08% to GDP over 10 years.

11 hours ago, bolty58 said:

Agree 100% Too close to Labour. Too much pandering to minorities instead of the majority as they are supposed to.

Significant lurch to the right desperately needed. Out of the ECHR, stop the boats, deport illegals, crush anarchists.

Vote winners all round.

Strange I remember when the Tories were the party of economic stability. But you think the above are vote winners rather than sorting out the economy and inflation.

The things you highlight are just more examples of the Government chasing PR headlines rather than policies of any substance to improve the country. You never use our public services, I rarely do but they are fucked. The NHS is on its knees, ( I know I tried to get mine fixed) Schools in a mess , policing is a joke but it goes deeper. Years of cuts and under spending have fucked the immigration system ( I do not think it is deliberate btw - just neglect) . I have had to ring HMRC five times recently , over an hour on hold to not get the issue solved everytime.

And the answer leave the ECHR ! Send folk to Rwanda , Sign a trade deal worth 2/3 of 2/5 of fuck all, blame Labour, spend £bns on a new train service, pretend we are Leveling up. They are so disjointed as a party you have the bizarre situation where the ex prime minister has to have his parliamentary committee investigating claims he lied to parliament stopped so he can go to vote against a 3 line government bill to get Brexit done. 
Honours lists that include family and the editor in chief of the daily Mail who is currently in court defending charges of phone hacking.

38 minutes ago, Ani said:

Strange I remember when the Tories were the party of economic stability. But you think the above are vote winners rather than sorting out the economy and inflation.

The things you highlight are just more examples of the Government chasing PR headlines rather than policies of any substance to improve the country. You never use our public services, I rarely do but they are fucked. The NHS is on its knees, ( I know I tried to get mine fixed) Schools in a mess , policing is a joke but it goes deeper. Years of cuts and under spending have fucked the immigration system ( I do not think it is deliberate btw - just neglect) . I have had to ring HMRC five times recently , over an hour on hold to not get the issue solved everytime.

And the answer leave the ECHR ! Send folk to Rwanda , Sign a trade deal worth 2/3 of 2/5 of fuck all, blame Labour, spend £bns on a new train service, pretend we are Leveling up. They are so disjointed as a party you have the bizarre situation where the ex prime minister has to have his parliamentary committee investigating claims he lied to parliament stopped so he can go to vote against a 3 line government bill to get Brexit done. 
Honours lists that include family and the editor in chief of the daily Mail who is currently in court defending charges of phone hacking.

Textbook Bolty.

You can tell he lives on the other side of the world, thank Christ.

47 minutes ago, Ani said:

And the answer leave the ECHR

Send folk to Rwanda ,

Sign a trade deal worth 2/3 of 2/5 of fuck all

blame Labour, 

1) Never going to happen, an nor should it

2) Send them to Rwanda, but forget to tell people that it's an "exchange" so for every one we send, we get one of theirs....also, will never happen

3) Can't criticise any new deal really, but it's not very exciting

4) After 12/13 years, it'd difficult to blame anybody else surely....

32 minutes ago, Sweep said:

1) Never going to happen, an nor should it

2) Send them to Rwanda, but forget to tell people that it's an "exchange" so for every one we send, we get one of theirs....also, will never happen

3) Can't criticise any new deal really, but it's not very exciting

4) After 12/13 years, it'd difficult to blame anybody else surely....

Is it a one for one deal? 

29 minutes ago, royal white said:

Is it a one for one deal? 

It's heard it was, but I've just checked, and whilst still a bit sketchy, all I can find is... 

There’s no evidence this is the case. The memorandum of understanding for the agreement does say the UK will resettle “a portion” of Rwanda’s most vulnerable refugees, but does not say how many.

Not that it matters, as we'll never send any out there anyway

1 hour ago, Farrelli said:

Mounts doesn’t do details

I was well aware of the smallish benefit to our GDP,  thankfully we do not have to sell our soul to do the deal, that was the case with the EU, and one of the reason I voted to leave, we will deal with the 4% drop in GDP, the country will rebalance and move forward and I believe ultimately be a better country for leaving the EU.   

Edited by Mounts Kipper

4 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Fuck me.

31 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

I was well aware of the smallish benefit to our GDP,  thankfully we do not have to sell our soul to do the deal, that was the case with the EU, and one of the reason I voted to leave, we will deal with the 4% drop in GDP, the country will rebalance and move forward and I believe ultimately be a better country for leaving the EU.   

Sure. Except Wales, Scotland and NI are receiving less from Westminster compared to EU funds. So when you say ‘we’ who are you referring to ?

11 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Sure. Except Wales, Scotland and NI are receiving less from Westminster compared to EU funds. So when you say ‘we’ who are you referring to ?

That’s how democracy works, if they ain’t happy they get to vote for another party, rather that than EU deciding what to do with the money we already sent them and give us half of it back. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

It's heard it was, but I've just checked, and whilst still a bit sketchy, all I can find is... 

There’s no evidence this is the case. The memorandum of understanding for the agreement does say the UK will resettle “a portion” of Rwanda’s most vulnerable refugees, but does not say how many.

So not a one for one then. 👍

1 hour ago, Sweep said:

Some will have to be sent there, politically they’ll take a battering from Labour if they don’t. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

That’s how democracy works, if they ain’t happy you get to vote for another party, rather that than EU deciding what to do with the money we already sent them and give us half of it back. 

Yes sure. 350 million will be spent in the NHS as well. Scotland will  use their democratic right to vote for independence and who could blame them.

10 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

Yes sure. 350 million will be spent in the NHS as well. Scotland will  use their democratic right to vote for independence and who could blame them.

They ain’t going anywhere they know without the support of England they are fucked, not even Scotland will vote for independence if push came to shove. Funny how you believed a spurious claim from Boris Johnson.. you’re in a death loop to 2016… it’s over. 

Edited by Mounts Kipper

12 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They ain’t going anywhere they know without the support of England they are fucked, not even Scotland will vote for independence if push came to shove. Funny how you believed a spurious claim from Boris Johnson.. you’re in a death loop to 2016… it’s over. 

I wouldn’t believe anything that clown said. Independence for Scotland is inevitable and they will do just fine on their own.