Jump to content
Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics


miamiwhite

Recommended Posts

  • Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

He's anything but. He understands socialism from what I can see.

The Tories need removing. In a duopoly too long in power results in stagnation. Let the reds have a term to remind every fucker of true carnage then back to business.

Even better would be a move from 'first past the post' to proportional representation. Can't see those red bastards going for it when they can see potential for a split conservative vote. Hopefully, their madcap tendencies (one eyed black lesbians against the bomb etc.) and the penny dropping again about the unions actually running things will turn the electorate (other than the 'vote for a cow wearing a red rosette' brigade) off them.

Christ you spout some shite.

At least 14 years ago we had a functioning NHS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/02/2024 at 00:34, Winchester White said:

Christ you spout some shite.

At least 14 years ago we had a functioning NHS.

So, Bolty spouts shite, says the man who declares that the UK had a functioning NHS 14 years ago. Fucking hell. 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, gonzo said:

It was certainly functioning a lot better then, than it is now, No?

Possibly. But, I will repeat, that is not what Winchester White said, is it? We haven't had a functioning NHS in the UK since the 1970's, if not earlier. So you can tar every Government, of every persuasion, with the brush of failure, if that's what floats your boat.

A number of my relatives and friends have worked in the NHS since the early 1980's, mainly in middle management. I'm sure that many other posters on here have similar experiences. They are overwhelmingly scathing of the incompetence, waste and Spanish practices endemic in the NHS. They say that it all stems from weaknesses in middle and senior management in the organisation. They don't believe any government has the courage, knowledge or experience to turn the NHS ship around.

But hey! Bastard Tories eh?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Possibly. But, I will repeat, that is not what Winchester White said, is it? We haven't had a functioning NHS in the UK since the 1970's, if not earlier. So you can tar every Government, of every persuasion, with the brush of failure, if that's what floats your boat.

A number of my relatives and friends have worked in the NHS since the early 1980's, mainly in middle management. I'm sure that many other posters on here have similar experiences. They are overwhelmingly scathing of the incompetence, waste and Spanish practices endemic in the NHS. They say that it all stems from weaknesses in middle and senior management in the organisation. They don't believe any government has the courage, knowledge or experience to turn the NHS ship around.

But hey! Bastard Tories eh?

Oh look. It's the managers fault again! 😁 How do you think most managers get to become managers in the NHS? 

I'm amazed that ALL your friends and relatives think that it's middle and senior management that are causing the problem. Particularly as you said they were mainly in middle management themselves. Do you think they might have been projecting? 

I work in the NHS. I see (some) incompetence and waste - similar to what you'd see in any large organisation. But this idea that we're just spaffing money up the wall is paper talk. There's very strict controls on ANYTHING we want to spend. To secure any funding - you have to produce a business case, that then has to go to a committee who weigh up the strength of the case on its merits and then make a decision about whether to go ahead based on whether it will lead to better patient care or more value for money. If it does neither then it's not going anywhere.

The demand is increasing and outstripping any increase in funding the NHS gets. That's not because we're all on an NHS gravy train. It's because the resources won't stretch. 

So the managers (middle and senior) spend most of their day, desperately trying to keep an underfunded and broken system running, whilst implementing diktats from central government. Genuinely the whole system would fall apart in a matter of weeks without those people. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Oh look. It's the managers fault again! 😁 How do you think most managers get to become managers in the NHS? 

I'm amazed that ALL your friends and relatives think that it's middle and senior management that are causing the problem. Particularly as you said they were mainly in middle management themselves. Do you think they might have been projecting? 

I work in the NHS. I see (some) incompetence and waste - similar to what you'd see in any large organisation. But this idea that we're just spaffing money up the wall is paper talk. There's very strict controls on ANYTHING we want to spend. To secure any funding - you have to produce a business case, that then has to go to a committee who weigh up the strength of the case on its merits and then make a decision about whether to go ahead based on whether it will lead to better patient care or more value for money. If it does neither then it's not going anywhere.

The demand is increasing and outstripping any increase in funding the NHS gets. That's not because we're all on an NHS gravy train. It's because the resources won't stretch. 

So the managers (middle and senior) spend most of their day, desperately trying to keep an underfunded and broken system running, whilst implementing diktats from central government. Genuinely the whole system would fall apart in a matter of weeks without those people. 

Communist

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Zulu said:

Possibly. But, I will repeat, that is not what Winchester White said, is it? We haven't had a functioning NHS in the UK since the 1970's, if not earlier. So you can tar every Government, of every persuasion, with the brush of failure, if that's what floats your boat.

A number of my relatives and friends have worked in the NHS since the early 1980's, mainly in middle management. I'm sure that many other posters on here have similar experiences. They are overwhelmingly scathing of the incompetence, waste and Spanish practices endemic in the NHS. They say that it all stems from weaknesses in middle and senior management in the organisation. They don't believe any government has the courage, knowledge or experience to turn the NHS ship around.

But hey! Bastard Tories eh?

The Tories have not got a leg to stand on regarding the NHS. It was functioning with difficulty 14 years ago but is now on life support. Indefensible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

Maybe needs to get shut of your middle manager mates and family?

Good idea. That should sort it. Not necessary though They all became so frustrated that they saw the light and fucked off into the private sector.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

NHS if fucked 

My mum has had a Ambulance out Twice last week

First time she got to A&E at 10pm  Saw a doctor at 8am the next Morning was in a Wheelchair all night 

Vary lucky i know a Nurse who text me Monday at 9am 

got your mum got here in a Cubecle and got her a Butty  and a Brew Looked after her all day in A&E till 6pm when i picked her up

Second time Ambulance Sunday at 3pm was on a Bed in a Corridor for 24Hrs in A&E

till i picked her up again 

Cant fault the Nurses in there 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Tories could not even handle the pay disputes for doctors and nurses. They chose instead to antagonise the staff using divisive anti-unions rhetoric in the press. These were the people that had kept things going through Covid and were treated shabbily.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

The Tories could not even handle the pay disputes for doctors and nurses. They chose instead to antagonise the staff using divisive anti-unions rhetoric in the press. These were the people that had kept things going through Covid and were treated shabbily.

The new Labour government will sort it all out. I reckon Sir Keir will have it functioning within, oooh, a year or so. All good.

Edited by Zulu
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Zulu said:

The new Labour government will sort it all out. I reckon Sir Keir will have it functioning within, oooh, a year or so. All good.

It's taken a couple of decades to fuck it. It's going to take at least that long to unfuck it. And you might need to pay some more tax if you want a world leading service. 

Either that or just privatise the whole thing. Then you'll be talking about 50 years to get straight. And lots of middle and senior NHS managers moving into those positions! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.