Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

18 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They're only here for 1 election, and they'll get maybe 3 million votes and 2 or 3 seats - they'll then vanish before the next GE, as by then, the Conservative Party will have sorted themselves out, and I suspect, may well have Farage as leader.

They'll rebrand before the next election and be back again as long as Tice etc keep funding them.

58 minutes ago, Sweep said:

They're only here for 1 election, and they'll get maybe 3 million votes and 2 or 3 seats - they'll then vanish before the next GE, as by then, the Conservative Party will have sorted themselves out, and I suspect, may well have Farage as leader.

I would be amazed if Farage would ever want to leader, he has built himself a real niche of power as the disruptor. Other than Rishi why would anyone with massive wealth or in Farages instance massive earnings potential want the job ? Farage will earn more a year winding people up than he would as PM. 

• Site Supporter
Just now, kent_white said:

The thing is with Farage. Has he ever actually run something? He's good at shouting from the sidelines - but we can all do that. Has he got a track record of managing anything?

No.

He is a grifter.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, kent_white said:

Thought not. That's why I think Starmer is a good bet at the moment. We just need someone boring, competent and with a decent track record of managing things. 

Exactly. Politics should be boring, its all about the boring details that get stuff actually done in the best interests of the country.

Not soundbites, three word slogans or anything else based on bullshit 

They took the public for fools and have been found out. The gullible will do the same with reform.

• Site Supporter
15 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

This is the nearest we’ll get to the BBC saying it’s nonsense.

Labour claim that Tories would cost homeowners £4,800 fact-checked https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cydd08l3y4mo

Tell you what

For someone who claims to have voted Labour all his life, you don’t half give them a rough ride, whilst rarely criticising the Tories.

It does scan a little strange

11 minutes ago, Spider said:

Tell you what

For someone who claims to have voted Labour all his life, you don’t half give them a rough ride, whilst rarely criticising the Tories.

It does scan a little strange

No I haven’t. 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Spider said:

You have, it was a while ago, but you have.

Haha. Absolute rubbish. I think others will confirm that. 
Anyway, with regards to my comment about the mortgage nonsense, does it not concern you that the party who will form our next government come out with crap like that when they are so far ahead in the polls? It should.

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, BobyBrno said:

Haha. Absolute rubbish. I think others will confirm that. 
Anyway, with regards to my comment about the mortgage nonsense, does it not concern you that the party who will form our next government come out with crap like that when they are so far ahead in the polls? It should.

So you haven’t voted Labour most of your life?

• Site Supporter
Just now, BobyBrno said:

Nope. I said I’ve voted for 3 different parties. 

Then my apologies.

You sure don’t like Labour though

Just now, Spider said:

Then my apologies.

That, you have got right. 👍

As I said the other night, according to the polls, almost 2/3 of those polled don’t like them either. It’s not an unpopular position. Maybe on here it is.

1 hour ago, Ani said:

I would be amazed if Farage would ever want to leader, he has built himself a real niche of power as the disruptor. Other than Rishi why would anyone with massive wealth or in Farages instance massive earnings potential want the job ? Farage will earn more a year winding people up than he would as PM. 

So they can make decisions that make them and their pals more money. That part is the only bit that makes sense

7 minutes ago, BobyBrno said:

That, you have got right. 👍

As I said the other night, according to the polls, almost 2/3 of those polled don’t like them either. It’s not an unpopular position. Maybe on here it is.

I’m just glad you’ve stopped going on about voting Labour over half of your life😂 tiresome man.

• Site Supporter
1 hour ago, BobyBrno said:

This is the nearest we’ll get to the BBC saying it’s nonsense.

Labour claim that Tories would cost homeowners £4,800 fact-checked https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cydd08l3y4mo

Not good form. I understand there's bullshit peddled by all sides in an election but you should rise above it IMO.

42 minutes ago, Spider said:

Then my apologies.

You’re getting yourself mixed up with a lad called spider who claims to have voted tories for most of his life 

Edited by royal white

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, royal white said:

You’re getting yourself mixed up with a lad called spider who claims to have voted tories for most of his life 

Good looking lad, him

44 minutes ago, tomski said:

So they can make decisions that make them and their pals more money. That part is the only bit that makes sense

He has carved himself a niche were he can influence stuff without the hassle. There are just a few extra pigs with their noses in the trough now.