Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Members
2 hours ago, Sweep said:

That's a pretty fair statement on where we are at the minute 

They are winning it anyway so all commentary on them is pretty much chaff.

What matters now is what opposition they will face. Once they are drunk on power with a large majority the veil will soon slip. The loony leftness will show itself you can be sure of it. A strong opponent facing them is what's needed. It is unlikely to be a Conservative although Mordaunt can be an effective warrior. Will they elect her though or will they select another wet lettuce like Sunak?

The main man needs to be there. They will be given an easy ride on nothing with him in the house.

12 hours ago, Mounts Kipper said:

At least this labour party have a moral compass, seem to care about the people they represent, and have an honourable if slightly beige leader. They’re also a load of stuff I worry about them but it’s the lesser of 2 evils. 

Boltys just fell out with you, you traitor 

4 hours ago, bolty58 said:

:D If you would like to investigate further, 'my side' has been a winning machine. Why do you think that is?

A rejection of the ineptitude of your 'side' or  a natural instinct of Brits to conserve?

Your 'sides' time has come. Early to mid 2025 is when the dawn of realisation is most likely to occur. Let's see for how long Comrade Jeremys right hand man can keep the lunatic fringe at bay. Let's see how long his paymasters take to foment industrial chaos. They might get a longer honeymoon period than would be the norm but as sure as night follows day it will be a shit show. I just hope Farage is lobbing plenty of grenades at them from the opposing benches to keep the aspiration killers under pressure.

We’ve seen the logical conclusion of the politics of your side. The end point of Thatcherite conservatism and Brexit. I don’t think you can lose because it’s so great nobody would possibly want any change? People like me who warned exactly where it would end up were wrong and everything is great, surely?

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

How long after the election do you think Labour will introduce the ULEZ charges where there currently isn't any, Burnham must be creaming himself

Why?

1 hour ago, L/H White said:

I’ve always been centre left, made that clear on many occasions, however I’ve a lot in common with many of the opinions on the right of the political spectrum and agree with plenty of Boltys views. 

• Site Supporter
2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

What prejudices are these?

I assume you don’t beleive the overwhelming data that proves the climate is changing and not for the better then?

• Site Supporter
21 minutes ago, Spider said:

I assume you don’t beleive the overwhelming data that proves the climate is changing and not for the better then?

ULEZ isn't about climate change. It's about cleaner air for locals.

22 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

What prejudices are these?

The idea that Labour are some sort of environmental zealots. They are taking flack from the Green Party and the left loonies that they aren’t doing enough. They’ve just announced they will scrap the gas boiler ban.

Their green policy is pretty moderate centre of the road sensible stuff. Their idea to try and be world leading in some aspects of the green economy to move our own economy via job creation is very Conservative like in design. When the Tories were actually worth something and did something I might add. It’s the sort of plan that Thatcher and Major and even Cameron back in the day would have come out with. 

31 minutes ago, Spider said:

I know the climate is changing and I welcome action to deal with it, screwing people over for as much as possible is not the way forward, and no I don't have any ideas how the billions needed could be raised

11 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The idea that Labour are some sort of environmental zealots. They are taking flack from the Green Party and the left loonies that they aren’t doing enough. They’ve just announced they will scrap the gas boiler ban.

Their green policy is pretty moderate centre of the road sensible stuff. Their idea to try and be world leading in some aspects of the green economy to move our own economy via job creation is very Conservative like in design. When the Tories were actually worth something and did something I might add. It’s the sort of plan that Thatcher and Major and even Cameron back in the day would have come out with. 

I honestly don't give a fuck about any pf the political parties, they are all in it for themselves, I have been called selfish on here previously for holding that view but I honestly do not give a fuck, it is what it is

2 minutes ago, athywhite1958 said:

I know the climate is changing and I welcome action to deal with it, screwing people over for as much as possible is not the way forward, and no I don't have any ideas how the billions needed could be raised

Closing tax loopholes might help and stopping the big companies pay little or no tax… can’t see Tories doing that though… leads to only one conclusion. 

54 minutes ago, Cheese said:

ULEZ isn't about climate change. It's about cleaner air for locals.

Nonsense.

It’s about imprisoning people in 15 minute cities cause the WEF told us to do it innit.

Well that’s what Irene on Faceache told me. 

• Members
4 hours ago, L/H White said:

Now you are just being silly. Good lad is Mounts. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Y'know, like 'Liverpool are wank"?

• Members
4 hours ago, bwfcfan5 said:

We’ve seen the logical conclusion of the politics of your side. The end point of Thatcherite conservatism and Brexit. I don’t think you can lose because it’s so great nobody would possibly want any change? People like me who warned exactly where it would end up were wrong and everything is great, surely?

Oh FFS. :rofl:  Can you change your label to 'Not In Clitheroe/Chorley/Colne/Carnforth' so that I can file you in the condescension cellar?

On second thoughts, stick with Fanny.

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Oh FFS. :rofl:  Can you change your label to 'Not In Clitheroe/Chorley/Colne/Carnforth' so that I can file you in the condescension cellar?

On second thoughts, stick with Fanny.

It's all going a bit odd in Bolty towers lately.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

It's all going a bit odd in Bolty towers lately.

Bolty and his generation who’ve sat back and allowed Britain to be destroyed you mean?

Done the sum total of fuck all to protect our borders, stop the March of wokeism and allow crime to flourish?

Warriors. Patriots. But not prepared to get their hands dirty.

Churchill would kick them all into the sea.

41 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

One of the depressing crew.

I can no longer be arsed with them.

How can it be depressing? It’s the golden age. Sovereignty, wealth and greatness. Everyone is overjoyed.