Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Politics

miamiwhite

• Site Supporter
Just now, royal white said:

Jesus he’s off, I talk about being dramatic and then you post that! 

Your belief that nothing will really change is sad in more ways than one. I really do hope the tragic reality of it doesn't affect you. 

Just now, Salford Trotter said:

Make your own mind up who they are, maybe some are maybe some are not. Are they not allowed to share their thoughts now whoever they are? 

Of course, I’m just passing comment on their thoughts. 

Scrolling through twitter you will see many who have #FBPE after their name or a EU flag emoji passing similar comments on anything to do with BREXIT.....like I said, very dramatic 

Just now, royal white said:

Scrolling through twitter you will see many who have #FBPE after their name or a EU flag emoji passing similar comments on anything to do with BREXIT.....like I said, very dramatic 

Brexit is the most dramatic thing to happen to this country for 40 years so i think they are entitled to express their opinion, don't you? 

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, royal white said:

Maybe you should spend less time on twitter, and more time thinking about the actual real life consequences of Brexit. Can you explain how withdrawing from the EMA is a good thing?

• Site Supporter
3 minutes ago, royal white said:

Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine as I’ve said numerous times on here. 

I am genuinely glad. Not sure how you come to that conclusion, but it is good news. 

Just now, Cheese said:

Maybe you should spend less time on twitter, and more time thinking about the actual real life consequences of Brexit. Can you explain how withdrawing from the EMA is a good thing?

Hell no, as I said above the goings on at the club have a bigger bearing on my life and many others come to think of it! 

17 hours ago, Cheese said:

This is incredibly sad. This is what we are doing to ourselves. For nothing. 

I think we can all agree that referendum voters knew that the EMA moving out would be an inevitable result of a Leave victory.

We might even agree that a ceremonial flag-lowering was unnecessary, inappropriate and provocative.

55 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I think we can all agree that referendum voters knew that the EMA moving out would be an inevitable result of a Leave victory.

We might even agree that a ceremonial flag-lowering was unnecessary, inappropriate and provocative.

Certainly 

• Site Supporter
6 hours ago, MalcolmW said:

Get real Malcolm. It wasn't given a seconds' thought in the minds of voters in 2016. I doubt the vast majority even knew it existed.

I'm sure you did though, so I'd like to hear why you think withdrawing from it is a good thing? 

Edited by Cheese

• Members
On 25/01/2019 at 21:51, Salford Trotter said:

I wonder if Mounts has the answer to that last question? This is the biggest fuck up in modern times if we leave without a deal. as nobody understands the consequences, surely there was the risk / reward analysis done on this before the referendum, oh yeah it was called Project Fear that nobody believed would ever happen.

But, are you really so stupid as to want to discard our single negotiating chip?

I find it absolutely incredible that some people really are that thick. Some, elected members in Parliament FFS!

I would not let anyone who would 'remove this as an option' negotiate even the purchase of a fucking sandwich on my behalf. 

3 hours ago, bolty58 said:

But, are you really so stupid as to want to discard our single negotiating chip?

I find it absolutely incredible that some people really are that thick. Some, elected members in Parliament FFS!

I would not let anyone who would 'remove this as an option' negotiate even the purchase of a fucking sandwich on my behalf. 

They aren't being stupid in wanting a no deal/WTO.

It's part of a strategy to keep us in.

France is looking particularly pretty this winter.

Water cannons, rubber bullets, fires and smoke bombs in numerous cities, boarded up banks.....how splendid and so ironic seeing the doomed poster boy,Macron trying to patronise to us little Englanders.

The EU is finished.

16 hours ago, Cheese said:

Get real Malcolm. It wasn't given a seconds' thought in the minds of voters in 2016. I doubt the vast majority even knew it existed.

I'm sure you did though, so I'd like to hear why you think withdrawing from it is a good thing? 

I regard the essential outcome is to leave the EU. We were taken into it without consent, and then lied to in order to agree after the event.

If than means that the EU choose to exclude the UK from agencies then so be it. It seems more sensible to have active co-operation on many things, but the most important thing is that we leave the EU itself.

By the way, I am real so let's see what the coming weeks bring.

8 minutes ago, MalcolmW said:

I regard the essential outcome is to leave the EU. We were taken into it without consent, and then lied to in order to agree after the event.

If than means that the EU choose to exclude the UK from agencies then so be it. It seems more sensible to have active co-operation on many things, but the most important thing is that we leave the EU itself.

By the way, I am real so let's see what the coming weeks bring.

Looking increasingly likely that Parliament will coalesce aroud May's deal, or similar.

So, down to the EU to see if they will take whatever amendments we popose.

They'd be daft not to.

I'd say Mounts is looking about right.

Cheese wrong on both guesses.