Jump to content
Wanderers Ways - passion not fashion

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 44k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • miamiwhite

    4734

  • Mounts Kipper

    3418

  • boltondiver

    2927

  • Tonge moor green jacket

    2815

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'll even name names. The following are massive cunts: Me. Bolty. Miami. Cheese. Kent. Casino. Kipper. Royal. Labour. Tories. Scotland. The Welsh. The EU. Americans. People from fucking Yorkshire

My last comment on this... There are people on here who apart from being Bolton fans I have nothing in common with & whose opinions I wheheartedly disagree with, however I would fight for their ri

The tories are fucking this country up good and proper. Not taking into account all the shit they're screwing up at home.   They took us into Brexit without any real plan of what it meant and have

Posted Images

  • Site Supporter
Just now, Moon boy said:

The exit date changed within the law, the law, Article 50, did not change

And... the exit date can be changed again... 

I didn't understand it either at the time. I was ABSOLUTELY convinced we'd be leaving on March 29th. Learning you were wrong is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Moon boy said:

The exit date changed within the law, the law, Article 50, did not change

So, you're guaranteeing, 100%,that we're leaving, with or without a deal on 31st October, and nothing can or will stop that.

No bollocks.

A straight "yes" or "no"

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cheese said:

And... the exit date can be changed again... 

I didn't understand it either at the time. I was ABSOLUTELY convinced we'd be leaving on March 29th. Learning you were wrong is nothing to be ashamed of. 

Please break it to Moon man gently as I think he might do something silly.

Edited by Farrelli
Link to post
Share on other sites

Moon Boy and PH are going to shit their pants when Boris asks for an extension. Moon Boy will probably self harm, I reckon PH might be closer to topping himself (for the record, I hope they're both sensible, seek help, and don't do anything of the sort)

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sweep said:

So, you're guaranteeing, 100%,that we're leaving, with or without a deal on 31st October, and nothing can or will stop that.

No bollocks.

A straight "yes" or "no"

L

 

7 hours ago, Sweep said:

Moon Boy and PH are going to shit their pants when Boris asks for an extension. Moon Boy will probably self harm, I reckon PH might be closer to topping himself (for the record, I hope they're both sensible, seek help, and don't do anything of the sort)

Sweep, I know it was late when you posted those two opinions and working on the principle that you may have been under the influence of some legal/ illegal substance I’m sure your not as bigger fantasist/mentalist as your second post suggests 

In answer to your first post, I can’t guarantee anything happening on Oct31st, as I see it the only thing that can stop us leaving on that day is if the PM (Boris) on behalf of the the current U.K. Government asks the EU to move the date and they agree.

Parliament can try to force a ‘no confidence ‘ vote in the Government, if they lost that vote we would leave on said day

If Boris negotiates a new FTA and Parliament vote to accept it before Oct31st might affect the date

If Parliament won a ‘no confidence ‘ vote there would be a GE, but it wouldn’t be before the leaving date

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moon boy said:

L

 

Sweep, I know it was late when you posted those two opinions and working on the principle that you may have been under the influence of some legal/ illegal substance I’m sure your not as bigger fantasist/mentalist as your second post suggests 

In answer to your first post, I can’t guarantee anything happening on Oct31st, as I see it the only thing that can stop us leaving on that day is if the PM (Boris) on behalf of the the current U.K. Government asks the EU to move the date and they agree.

Parliament can try to force a ‘no confidence ‘ vote in the Government, if they lost that vote we would leave on said day

If Boris negotiates a new FTA and Parliament vote to accept it before Oct31st might affect the date

If Parliament won a ‘no confidence ‘ vote there would be a GE, but it wouldn’t be before the leaving date

If there was a NCV then the exit date would be delayed by mutual agreement

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Who would agree it? What authority?

A very murky place you're into there.

One of the more radical routes would be to involve The Queen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49040128

But the more likely route is through parliament itself. I alluded to it yesterday, that if a bill could be hijacked in the same way the NI Bill was yesterday then amendments can be made, voted upon then made into law. So now we have a situation where parliament can't be prorogued and MPs of all persuasions will find the necessary ways to stop No Deal. If that is successful, and we know there are enough MPs willing to vote against the Gvt and make it law that we can't leave without a deal then the PM (or The Queen) has to ask for an extension or revocation. I suppose if Macron were to throw a hissy fit and block the EU's side then that is out of our control but he would have to answer to many leaders who would put pressure on him to fall in line. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Salford Trotter said:

One of the more radical routes would be to involve The Queen

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49040128

But the more likely route is through parliament itself. I alluded to it yesterday, that if a bill could be hijacked in the same way the NI Bill was yesterday then amendments can be made, voted upon then made into law. So now we have a situation where parliament can't be prorogued and MPs of all persuasions will find the necessary ways to stop No Deal. If that is successful, and we know there are enough MPs willing to vote against the Gvt and make it law that we can't leave without a deal then the PM (or The Queen) has to ask for an extension or revocation. I suppose if Macron were to throw a hissy fit and block the EU's side then that is out of our control but he would have to answer to many leaders who would put pressure on him to fall in line. 

Frankly, I think both sides are living in Hope, not necessarily in reality, but reality isn’t easy to find.

Unicorns to the left and right

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Frankly, I think both sides are living in Hope, not necessarily in reality, but reality isn’t easy to find.

Unicorns to the left and right

You maybe right but whilst there is a majority in parliament for No Deal then they will ultimately be the ones more likely to get their way

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

So, you reckon no deal?

We don't (in the main) want no deal, the EU don't want no deal......so I'd be surprised if we ended up there, I can see things being delayed and delayed again until we either agree some watered down deal with the EU (that both Remain and Leave sides will think is a bit shit, yet both will claim it as a victory) or we decide to stay

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
24 minutes ago, Sweep said:

We don't (in the main) want no deal, the EU don't want no deal......so I'd be surprised if we ended up there, I can see things being delayed and delayed again until we either agree some watered down deal with the EU (that both Remain and Leave sides will think is a bit shit, yet both will claim it as a victory) or we decide to stay

I'm now 52% sure there's going to be a confirmatory refefendum early next year, if not earlier. A General Election is unlikely to solve anything, so the only logical way forward is to put it back to the people. 48% of me thinks we'll leave on halloween with no deal.

Edited by Cheese
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
1 minute ago, Winchester White said:

I think Boris might just get some tiny concession from the EU, bluff it up as some sort of good deal and scrape it through. Maybe not by 31st Oct but by Xmas we might be out with effectively Mays WA.

If I've learned anything over the last 3 years, it's that nobody can 'bluff' their way through Parliament. It's been heartening to see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Cheese said:

I'm now 52% sure there's going to be a confirmatory refefendum early next year, if not earlier. A General Election is unlikely to solve anything, so the only logical way forward is to put it back to the people. 48% of me thinks we'll leave on halloween with no deal.

Clear that the 52% of you doesn’t include your brain

😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Site Supporter
26 minutes ago, boltondiver said:

Clear that the 52% of you doesn’t include your brain

😞

What's your money on again? 

Edited by Cheese
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.