Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Megson Back .

embankment

I've taken hate out of my vocabulary, so I wish him well. I stopped watching Wanderers under his stewardship. Which is damning.

It's often the journey and not the destination, and we're the luckiest fans in the world to have been on such a ride. Wrong manager for us then.

The Madrid - Wigan debacle was a crippler for me.

The demise of this club started losing a 2 nil lead to wba under coyle ultimately sending us down

Yes his interaction with the fans wasn't the best can't argue with that

I'd argue the demise started with Holden's injury, more bad luck followed (Lee, Muamba,Wheater) and was compounded by bed decisions; on the field (like the game you mention) and more importantly off the field.

Average manager

Below average man

Never known anyone so bitter towards a club that gave him the biggest opportunities on a European stage. He want given the warmest of welcomes, but rather than crack on and try to win folk over, he alienated them further.

I am ashamed to acknowledge him as a fellow copper bollocks

• Site Supporter

Personally think Doogie is the worst manager ever,Coyle as stated had some terrible luck injury wise and at least strove to play entering football in the top division,the other Scottish cunt had a squad of prem players in the championship and fucked up big time their isn't a manager in the world who would have played Eaves ahead of SKD nearly put me off football for life TWAT .

• Site Supporter

Personally think Doogie is the worst manager ever,Coyle as stated had some terrible luck injury wise and at least strove to play entering football in the top division,the other Scottish cunt had a squad of prem players in the championship and fucked up big time their isn't a manager in the world who would have played Eaves ahead of SKD nearly put me off football for life TWAT .

Think most people were disappointed he was given the job.

Thought he was quite well supported by the fans for a period...Ginger Mourinho

But the bloke is a twat and was sacked at the right time.

The three that followed were worse managers though.

• Site Supporter

Looks like a marmite situation.

Maybe I just didn't take to him.

You are not alone.

For me he gradually removed any talent and character, just wanted a bunch of yes men. Unlike Sam, wouldn't/couldn't manage personalities.

People were critical when he first came, and in fairness he fronted up. Then he proved them right.

For the first time since a kid, I fell out of love with the football and jacked in my season ticket.

Can debate managerial qualities between him and coyle till the sun goes down, but one of them had a passion for the club, and the other didn't.

Think most people were disappointed he was given the job.

Thought he was quite well supported by the fans for a period...Ginger Mourinho

But the bloke is a twat and was sacked at the right time.

The three that followed were worse managers though.

He was backed by the majority of fans, but his "supporters" conveniently forget this as they attempt to rewrite history

He was destroying the club on and off the pitch

The players didn't even want to play for him and we were spiralling one way and one way only

The fact that the next 3 appointments were shite shouldn't change our view on this shocking human and wank manager

Edited by jules_darby

He was backed by the majority of fans, but his "supporters" conveniently forget this as they attempt to rewrite history

The players didn't even want to play for him and we were spiralling one way and one way only

The fact that the next 3 appointments were shite shouldn't change our view on this shocking human and wank manager

Thought you might show up! :-)

Nailed it.

Just because subsequent managers were awful doesn't detract from what a cunt he was and that he was killing our club.

Spot on. The closest I've come to sacking watching us off was under him. Hated home and away games. He was shite

last championship campaign wasn't fun

I've seen worse seasons but the megson one was the closest I was to sacking it off because the guy made the place poisonous. He used to make one sub muamba for Gardner or vice versa. When you think he had the biggest transfer budget (wages and fat Sam can be argued) he produced a dog shit team

Megson arguably had more on his plate than any previous Bolton manager. He was a twat but the fans did more than their fair share in making the place poisonous.

Considering the polar views on this thread, there's not really much to argue with on either side of the argument.

Long before Megson came Rioch had told him "If ever you get the chance to manage Bolton take it, the fans are wonderful".

Of course Rioch had earned admiration, but Megson was to find from day one that the crowd didn't care for him.

Unfortunately his charm offensive to supporters had no charm but was offensive.