Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sticking Together

Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

We have to stick together and ride it out. Any team who hasn't paid a transfer fee for 2 years would struggle. I enjoyed winning a few games last year but this season was always going to be tough.

Anyone waiting until we start winning again before coming back on board can fuck off - see you in August

We have to stick together and ride it out. Any team who hasn't paid a transfer fee for 2 years would struggle. I enjoyed winning a few games last year but this season was always going to be tough.

Anyone waiting until we start winning again before coming back on board can fuck off - see you in August

yes and no, it's can't be used as an excuse the transfer embargo

I read it as 'have Millwall spent any money' rather than us?

He didn't mention Bolton spending money he said Millwall

So?

Millwall got the good Bradford defender we tried to sign on a free

Maybe I misread it.

But he then posted this....

Pay to get out of the embargo earlier

Fuck knows maybe I'm being numb as fuck :)

so, youre going to ask marc iles questions about the supporters trust?

i know he and clickbait central are their mouthpiece but surely you would be better asking the trust directly

They didn't reply to my email about coming on, so we'll have to do it without them.

Who is a ST mouthpiece? 

• Site Supporter

Not sure which thread to put this on.. Apologies for DP

I must be some kind of football pervert.

The worse it gets the more I want in. Towards the end of last season, I couldn't take the build up and tension and have got to admit didn't enjoy the feeling (until the final whistle v Peterborough)

When it got a bit shit start of last season, none of the mates fancied Swindon away, I was fucked with Flu had bough train / match tickets and was lied awake at 2.30am coughing my bollocks off saying can't be arsed with it.

Anyway 3 hours later alarm goes and I'm walking into Athy for the first V2 of the day to Manchester Picc.

10.5 hours travelling / two hip flasks of JD and some strange polish lager later and I'm in Night and Day on Oldham Street celebrating a shit goal / 0-1 win.

It was a turning point last season.

There will be one this season.

We are two wins from top spot (4th from bottom)

Stick with it Chaps

Not sure which thread to put this on.. Apologies for DP

I must be some kind of football pervert.

The worse it gets the more I want in. Towards the end of last season, I couldn't take the build up and tension and have got to admit didn't enjoy the feeling (until the final whistle v Peterborough)

When it got a bit shit start of last season, none of the mates fancied Swindon away, I was fucked with Flu had bough train / match tickets and was lied awake at 2.30am coughing my bollocks off saying can't be arsed with it.

Anyway 3 hours later alarm goes and I'm walking into Athy for the first V2 of the day to Manchester Picc.

10.5 hours travelling / two hip flasks of JD and some strange polish lager later and I'm in Night and Day on Oldham Street celebrating a shit goal / 0-1 win.

It was a turning point last season.

There will be one this season.

We are two wins from top spot (4th from bottom)

Stick with it Chaps

Exactly how I was through the 80s just had to stick with it no matter how bad it got youth and blind faith conquers all, enjoy the ride it will be worth it if my experiences are anything to go by. ????

I see fans calling for Parkys head exactly the reason I posted that we should all stick together. it's too easy for modern day fans to knee jerk reaction and that sacking the manager will immiediately produce results, that's not going to be the case when the underlying problem is injuries to key players when we already have a wafer thin squad.

Harry Redknapp made an interesting point after being shown the door at Birmingham last week. Managers can take the pressure of a bad run of results it is chairman and directors who cannot.

You get those ridiculous clubs who are paying off 3 or 4 sacked managers. It's just continually rolling the dice, do that in any other business and you would be the one getting the sack.

I hope and think that Ken has the backbone to keep PP in the job.

I think we are actually a patient support base. A few on Twitter may disagree but I think the consensus of the match going public is of support for PP.

As for Redknapp. I'd want a turn around in results after giving him 20 million to spend. I think when you have invested them sums right or wrong you are entitled to expect an improvement. Always someone else's fault for that bloke.

• Moderators

We're in the shit up to our necks and it's more important than ever we stay in this league I'm hoping fans, players, management and the owners can pull together to keep us in the championship let's do our bit support and encourage the team, keep any recriminations until the seasons finished and hopefully we will have achieved our aim of survival in the championship from there we can build to get into the play offs a few years down the line.

agree

what if we go down though?

am behind PP but fear for him if we don't beat Brentford with 2 tough away games to follow

end of the day, KA is a business man looking for investment and it'll come down to results and whether he thinks sticking with PP, regardless of the conditions he's faced to date, is going to hamper his long term plans to attract investment, or how far short PP is falling of whatever targets they presumably set at the start of the season

can't think of a manager who could do any better, but with all the footballing contacts and agent experience they have, KA and LA probably think they can find one, if needed, like they did when they had to find one to get us out of league one at the first time of asking under tight conditions