Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

The Ashes

L/H White

• Site Supporter

As Stokes has pissed on his chips the main man is going to be Bairstow. Aussies will target him more than anyone.

I think their plan was to go at root as priority. Frankly its all a bit stale now, when they get back to the force they once were they might have something to crow about.

As it is, this vitriol and sniping is tedious.

Hope our cricket does the talking.

I think their plan was to go at root as priority. Frankly its all a bit stale now, when they get back to the force they once were they might have something to crow about.

Root and Cook will obviously be prize wickets and a lot of whoopin' and skipping will happen when they are out. But when Bairstow comes in either we will be building a big score or on the ropes. With no Stokes, Bairstow position in the team is even more important.

• Members

Tedious or worse. Every TV or radio news article on the subject talks only of 'sledging' and 'how we will put the Poms off their game'. So fucking typical of Aussie (un)sportsmanship.

I just heard an interview this morning on the way into work with that pissweed Nathan Lyon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-11-21/ashes-nathan-lyon-says-australia-will-re-open-england-wounds/9174958

He ended up by saying "We know where the line is when it comes to sledging. We won't cross it but you can take it from me we will be headbutting it".

As always, I hope we fuck them over. There aren't many nicer things in sport than an Aussie fan with his tail between his legs looking for somewhere to hide.

I used to quite admire the Aussie sporting mentality; but when you're using someone's mental illness as a measure of your 'abilities and prowess' its a sad state of affairs.

Hope we fucking muller them

They are certainly setting themselves up for a fall

Not a big cricket fan it must be said but Lancs v Yorks, Ashes and a few other events get my attention.

I had the feeling that we were going to get a dicking but now getting the sense that the Aussies are being a a bit too blustery for their own good.

For those who follow the game, what's our likely chance of winning/retaining?

Not a big cricket fan it must be said but Lancs v Yorks, Ashes and a few other events get my attention.

I had the feeling that we were going to get a dicking but now getting the sense that the Aussies are being a a bit too blustery for their own good.

For those who follow the game, what's our likely chance of winning/retaining?

30/70, I guess

If anyone hasnt got bt. But knows someone willing to give their account password. Tbey can watch it on the bt app.

Got it on my ipad and working an absolute treat

Sorted, ta