Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Video Assistant Referee

Underpants

3 hours ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

Lineker made the point last night, if you're going to try to be so accurate, how do you decide when the ball was played?

For a few frames the ball is on the player's foot, so it it when it first contacts the foot of when it leaves it?

During that time the runner can have gone from being on to off. It's spoiling the game.

They take the last frame where there is space between the ball and the foot, and then use the next frame.

Explained it on SKy the other night.

Its bollocks however, as Ive said before, they should follow crickets lead and have a 6 inch either way 'linesmans decision' to allow for errors.

Although I'd prefer them to scrap it all together and just keep Goal Line Tech.

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

Its bollocks however, as Ive said before, they should follow crickets lead and have a 6 inch either way 'linesmans decision' to allow for errors.

Better still, do the "Linesman's Decision" along with each team having three reviews in each half. The reviews don't roll from first half to second half so three each half is maximum. 

• Site Supporter
5 hours ago, ZiggyStardust said:

They take the last frame where there is space between the ball and the foot, and then use the next frame.

That's where I'm at.

The game's been fucked for ages but this VAR is a new low.

On 11/08/2019 at 12:13, ZiggyStardust said:

This is where I'm at with it. The implementation today was awful, as is Fifas new improved handball law. Technology has improved rugby, cricket and tennis as a spectacle, but not football. 

Even Jesus doesn't love VAR.

• 6 months later...

On 21/08/2019 at 13:49, ZicoKelly said:

shoud've posted this here:

might be unlikely now, but theyve done it before..

"For the first four post-war IFAB meetings (1920, 1921, 1922, and 1923), FIFA was once again excluded, on account of a dispute between FIFA and the home nations. From 1924, once the dispute had been resolved, FIFA once again attended IFAB meetings. "

without the british , you get late , weird, inauthentic, euro counterfeit sports like team handball. 

didnt charles degaulle veto the UK from joining the EEC about ten minutes after it liberated france ?

Let them wreck it , we can save its arse later , like in world war 2..

its funny

Edited by e2e4
spellings