Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Darlington

BoltonBoy80

Anyone remember game at feethams in 80s? Was talking to an old school bloke recently about everything BWFC. He was telling some quality old school stories from the 70s and 80s. Had him chuckling to himself as he read through my scrap book of paper clippings of BWFC soccer violence. He was telling me about playing Darlington away in Sherpa van trophy. Game in question said we missed 2 pens, one from Phil neal. Apparently both sets of fans invaded pitch during game for a spot of battling. Said they were game as fuck. Fuck me those days sound amazing.

Think that’s the one when one of the Walkden whites turned his XR3 over onto its roof and our van blew up it was quite lively after the match along the main high street that led upto Darlington town centre, can’t really remember the fighting on the pitch. Just a regulation game in the 80s there was always lots of trouble and tales a plenty that would to while away many a poor game.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Site Supporter

Anyone remember game at feethams in 80s? Was talking to an old school bloke recently about everything BWFC. He was telling some quality old school stories from the 70s and 80s. Had him chuckling to himself as he read through my scrap book of paper clippings of BWFC soccer violence. He was telling me about playing Darlington away in Sherpa van trophy. Game in question said we missed 2 pens, one from Phil neal. Apparently both sets of fans invaded pitch during game for a spot of battling. Said they were game as fuck. Fuck me those days sound amazing.

You've been quiet recently Miami

And Undies also.

Edited by Alf Hartigan

• Site Supporter

A lad from walkden called ched got stabbed in one of the games cant remember cup or league , the week after loads went and it kicked off big time , as it did the season before . Went on Ste Roth wells coach , first season alcohol was banned , never seen so many pop bottles!

Stopped at the Swiss Cottage pub on the A1 both ways great days.

AHM now getting old

Edited by victor meldrew

A lad from walkden called ched got stabbed in one of the games cant remember cup or league , the week after loads went and it kicked off big time , as it did the season before . Went on Ste Roth wells coach , first season alcohol was banned , never seen so many pop bottles!

AHM now getting old

End of 85-86 season IIRC.

AHM now getting old

I think it might have been lad nicknamed Cheddar not seen him for years.

Remember waiting for the coach outside the Albion with 50 notright's for Darlo away, and it never turned up.

Pud and his pal got a van. I cadged a lift back in a van from Walkden (or Athy/leigh), it droppped us at Hulton Arms.

It kicked off like fuck on the pitch at full time, some naughtly shit went on, leave it at that. 

Lively later whilst finding a lift.

I remember the FRT game. We won 3-0 which at the time was the biggest away win I'd witnessed. I'd forgotten we missed a pen but can picture someone, either Phil Neal or Asa Hartford smacking one against the bar, but we missed two did we?

Remember it being pretty lively afterwards and a lad near me getting arrested for barking at a police dog (!) but no more or less than many in those days

That night game was good fun.

We only got there at half time, already 3-0 up, we never saw a goal.

About 15 of us in the van, saw the floodlights in the distance and my pal drove in a straight line (ish) towards them, ended up in a cul de sac, dumped the van, we went through back gardens and over fences before emerging onto the cricket pitch, on the pitch at full time, they didn’t want to know, stayed in Darlington til after midnight, well you wouldn’t go all that way for nothing would you?