Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter

They want "fun" so long as they stay up and win! If they don't suddenly they won't be so happy.

I think that was the nub of the debate. In their case the pursuit of staying up was absolute. The style was irrelevant. Its OK for a while, but it can then become stale and people want to see progression.

Perhaps its a sign of the times with folk wanting a more instant gratification, who knows; maybe the money in the top flight is detrimental to some of the teams.

There's no doubt a balance needed, but fans do need to feel there's progression or plan.

I'm sure that should we survive this season, and a couple of players come in that 'inspire' the supporters a little that crowds will increase.

Burnley had 19k on yesterday and are 7th and establishing themselves in the premier league

I’m sure they will have had higher this season, probably around the figure Ken is thinking of at times but they’ve not just been promoted from league one and spent most of the season in the bottom three

• Site Supporter

Burnley had 19k on yesterday and are 7th and establishing themselves in the premier league

I’m sure they will have had higher this season, probably around the figure Ken is thinking of at times but they’ve not just been promoted from league one and spent most of the season in the bottom three

Establishing themselves in the Premier League means balls all. We were once an established PL side.

Change of manager also changes the whole set up. Dyche was being touted not long ago for the Everton job. The press aren't usually that far away from the truth. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with a new manager later on in the season and then we'll see how established they were.

Ground doesn't hold 23 thou

Only a few hundred short, so it was still under capacity

My point is that there are teams in more fortunate positions than us that don’t get the type of attendances being sought

I’m also not knocking KA for wanting higher figures but just think a bit of realism is needed

Establishing themselves in the Premier League means balls all. We were once an established PL side.

Change of manager also changes the whole set up. Dyche was being touted not long ago for the Everton job. The press aren't usually that far away from the truth. It wouldn't surprise me if they ended up with a new manager later on in the season and then we'll see how established they were.

Course it does, if you are establishing yourselves it means things are going well

Last time I checked Dyche is still manager so it doesn’t alter the here and now

• Moderators

Only a few hundred short, so it was still under capacity

it was, but was that not due to watford not selling out?

either way, with a 30k stadium, burnley would be averaging a few thou more - more away fans and more home fans on the day united come to town

Ken asking for a big crowd against Burton firstly they will bring next too fuck all on what is the worst weekend for crowds in the whole football calender a crowd over 15k would be a suprise. Secondly the upper tiers against huddersfield are closed while I agree with the North and south stand shutting are we not missing out on corporate money by shutting the east and west stand upper tiers?

Ken asking for a big crowd against Burton firstly they will bring next too fuck all on what is the worst weekend for crowds in the whole football calender a crowd over 15k would be a suprise.

This could easily be our lowest crowd of the season, we'll do well to get over 12K through the turnstyles for this

Do you think the corporates will fill a tier?

There'll be thousands of empty seats in the open tiers.

They wont fill the tiers but surely a good corporate deal say £40 in the Lion of Vienna would get a couple of hundred in offer the deal to Huddersfield as well. 200 at £40 is 8 grand.   

Edited by Mounts Kipper

They wont fill the tiers but surely a good corporate deal say £40 in the Lion of Vienna would get a couple of hundred in offer the deal to Huddersfield as well. 200 at £40 is 8 grand.   

They are charging £80 for the Burton match in Hall of Fame suite