Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

• Site Supporter

I think there’s been a big swing in the culture in terms of season tickets though. In years gone by there’d be a huge swing between the highest and lowest crowd whereas nowadays it’s a much more steady figure on the whole. Not something unique to BWFC or even football as it’s something that regularly crops up in rugby conversations about crowds etc. I would say our average has held up remarkably well over the last few years when you compare to the early-mid 90’s, especially when you consider the club was on an upward curve at the time.

A lot to do with numbers through a mechanical counter on the turnstiles and all ticket games I imagine. At Burnden they counted numbers through turnstiles, now they count tickets sold. If the club sell X number of season tickets plus Y number of walk ups then the crowd will be always be X + Y irrespective of how many X actually turn up.

A lot to do with numbers through a mechanical counter on the turnstiles and all ticket games I imagine. At Burnden they counted numbers through turnstiles, now they count tickets sold. If the club sell X number of season tickets plus Y number of walk ups then the crowd will be always be X + Y irrespective of how many X actually turn up.

Absolutely, but I suspect the number of season tickets sold in years gone by was miniscule compared to these days.

• Moderators

https://twitter.com/andyhholt/status/1034330647463165952?s=21

Great set of tweets by the accy owner

I might be being naive and it's all relative bit surely there can't be an AS fan out there moaning at a lack of ambition

And do you reckon Ken falls into his "rogue owner" bracket

Edited by ZicoKelly

• Site Supporter

And do you reckon Ken falls into his "rogue owner" bracket

Wouldn't have thought so, isn't he operating the same way.

Although I think Ken is holding on to us as long as possible whilst we're in the Championship, he wants to maximise his profits when he sells us.

• 2 weeks later...

wonder how the players would react if the Manager / Owner of a club went on a Twitter rampage about certain individuals if they had acted out of line, had disappointing performances etc?

Be up Gordon Taylors arse quick than you can say PFA

no matter how frustrating, difficult or complicated an issue gets there are some things that should be kept in house. Club and players alike 

Aye, that would never happen.

exactly 

but said players seem to think its ok to drag a club through the mud and create a shit storm? as hes played here he will 100% be aware of the financial juggling act thats going on

yet he seems to think highlighting this on twitter as a "last resort" is the solution to the problem and for the greater good? 

Henry seems like a decent sort

I’m assuming he’s gone public as it’s been an on going issue, which seems to be the case given all of the stuff over the summer

Fairs fair, If we can give FGR a 7 figure sum for a striker (or part of it) then we can be expected to pay our other outgoings in full and on time

On the other hand, is anyone that arsed about the bad publicity? It’s only our own fans that get bothered about it all, not sure why

On the other hand, is anyone that arsed about the bad publicity? It’s only our own fans that get bothered about it all, not sure why

it bothers me that when i scroll through twitter and want to see Tits and Vines of Messi alls i see is M0ng statements about the shit we already know. 

Edited by barrycowdrill

Let’s see what Ken’s got to say because as sure as fuck chairman’s update is on its way!

He clearly sees ex player bonuses as bottom of the pile in the cash flow priority party! Wonder if Karls got chucked in with the previous regimes ludicrous contracts and paying bonuses in the off season pot!!

It’s not right, staff should be paid on time regardless of income or perceived wealth