Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sweaty Ken

Lostock Whites

3 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They can walk somewhere they're guaranteed to get paid. 

4 minutes ago, Mounts Kipper said:

They can walk somewhere they're guaranteed to get paid. 

Dole queue?

• Moderators

"Later on Thursday one of the senior players sent me a text saying, ‘we appreciate the offer you have made to us. Gordon Taylor from the PFA is going to act on our behalf and call you ASAP.’

Unfortunately, this meant that the payment proposal that l had made to them would now be further delayed."

I read it as the payment proposal had been rejected, not delayed

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

"Later on Thursday one of the senior players sent me a text saying, ‘we appreciate the offer you have made to us. Gordon Taylor from the PFA is going to act on our behalf and call you ASAP.’

Unfortunately, this meant that the payment proposal that l had made to them would now be further delayed."

May well be right, though Ken's writings aren't the best.

The whole thing now is like chewing cotton wool.

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Tonge moor green jacket said:

May well be right, though Ken's writings aren't the best.

The whole thing now is like chewing cotton wool.

aye, almost seems like he's saying "look, I offered to pay the players something at least, it's not my fault if they're now paid late because they don't accept the terms"

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

aye, almost seems like he's saying "look, I offered to pay the players something at least, it's not my fault if they're now paid late because they don't accept the terms"

Agree it came across that way, always a bit of an edge.

Not going to get worked up by it though, not worth it. Bring on Leeds.

34 minutes ago, ZicoKelly said:

He's digging himself a bigger hole each time. I don't think he cares anymore - which is why I'm actually worried. He said last week that all players would be paid by Thursday. Clearly that wasn't the case. He knows how much cash is in the system. It isn't tricky. He's playing fast and loose with meanings of sentences and words and just blindly (and without specification) attacking the "media". Not sure much has been written that can be in any real dispute in recent days. If the players aren't being paid I'm sure some want out, and I'm sure we will try and sell some to fund costs.

Ken - its probably best to keep quiet until you've something positive (and 100% honest) to say now. 

Worry here is without Ed ken has now assumed the role of Dean Holdsworth in that any new buyer in their right ruthless mind just says here’s the debt cash here’s a little tickle ken now run along ...... given his belligerent brinksmanship it could be a long painful process. The grit and businessmanship we have respected him for including myself and given him credit for could be the biggest problem of all in the end.

Edited by onlyoneawalker

Once again - and at the risk of people wishing to brand me an Anderson fan - I see nothing wrong from what KA as said or acted (taking into account what I've already stated in this thread above recently).

View the matter thus, you own a business and for whatever reason you can't pay certain people (your highest paid employees) their monthly wage.

Obviously they are - not pleased/want to know what is happening/demanding strike action/down to their last million/whatever - and a deputation come to you to sort things out.

Reasonable scenario would you agree?

The first question I would ask is "Have you got the authority to negotiate on behave of everyone else?" and am told "Yes", then you negotiate an agreement acceptable to all sides based on the circumstance we find ourselves in.

However the next thing you are told the players representative have (after taking back the agreement to the rest of the workforce) decided to not continue with that agreement and refer the matter upwards to their full time union negotiators.  The obvious conclusion to be drawn from that is that your offer (which initially had been accepted) had been rejected by the workforce.

You then hold fire on going forward acting on an agreement that as now clearly been rejected.

The next day the workforces paid union official negotiator contacts you and formally agrees the deal (which seems to from what I can understand) that had been agreed in the first place the previous day with the players union reps and you wait to sign off the agreement once they have drawn up the paper work.

When the paper work comes through it is not what both parties agreed to so you send it back for amendment - which is done.

Would it then be my fault that the workforce turned down the offer agreed by their reps with me, and would it be my fault that their union official sent a wrongly worded agreement for me to sign?

I would have paid the workers on the Thursday as intended if neither of these issues (both from the workforce side) had not happened.

Yes the wages should have been paid on time but if you don't have the cash flow to do it what can you do?

I personally think a point was being made here to everyone that will listen that the club HAS to stand on its own two feet and be financially sustainable in order to survive.

The club is a 'Limited' company - it is not the job of Anderson, Davies, James or anyone else to put in their own money when there is nothing in the pot (and for those wanting new owners - why would they run the club any differently to how Anderson is doing it now? - they certainly won't want to be putting £200 million of their own wealth to be pissed away like Davies did - even Abramovitch has made sure the company that owns Chelsea's owes him over a billion pounds if he ever decides to pull the plug on them!).

It seems that agreement from all sides has been reached and players will be paid this week, that cash flow looks to be much better this month and next and that wages (and hopefully arrear of wages) will be paid on time - that it would be utter madness to keep sending out the message to potential buyers of the club - or players in the January window - by shouting from the roof tops (like Iles and the ST are seemingly doing imo) that we are fucked, haven't got two pennies to rub together and please, please, pretty please buy us (or the players for as little as you want) because we are really, really desperate. 

That's really going to help us is if we actually do want to sell the club or need to raise money from a player sale or two - isn't it?  Potential buyers will simply think, why buy now when tomorrow you are going to be even more desperate and I can pay even less for your club/player!

For what it is worth I don't believe (despite all that Iles and the ST have flung at the club/Anderson in the last week or so) we are anywhere near Administration yet and cash flow and hence these payment issues will look a bit better now for the next few months at least.

If the players wages are paid this week (which I believe they will) and instead of all the shit stirring and 'words' that have been said on both sides (Iles and ST v Anderson), all we simply got to know about things was just a passing mention in one of the ongoing club news articles that players wages had been paid late for November - would it really have bothered us all that much - I mean these things do happen from time to time - and not just at our club?  Would there have been all this provocative shit stirring particularly on social media?  Would there be this growing toxicity in the crowd against Anderson?  Would fans beginning to line up against each other depending if you believed blindly what Iles was reporting/tweeting or whether you questioned he even understood what he was talking about at times?

Seems he's earned a great many clicks for his boss at the paper this week but has it actually helped the club we all support - or in fact hurt it?