Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers Vs Burton

deane koontz

• Site Supporter

We should have a simple a price structure. £20 for adults, £10/£12 for oaps and £5 kids. Base season tickets on say 18 x these prices to make them worth while and do away with the odd £10 ticket match. At least then people know where they stand.

It doesn't affect me but why do we have different category matches? I'm as happy beating Norwich/Barnsley as I would be beating Wolves/Boro - I go to watch Bolton, not the opposition.

I'm not a fan of categories either.

We should have a simple a price structure. £20 for adults, £10/£12 for oaps and £5 kids. Base season tickets on say 18 x these prices to make them worth while and do away with the odd £10 ticket match. At least then people know where they stand.

It doesn't affect me but why do we have different category matches? I'm as happy beating Norwich/Barnsley as I would be beating Wolves/Boro - I go to watch Bolton, not the opposition.

I think a lot of it is down to policing/stewarding/staffing costs.

Bank Holidays are particularly costly to stage football matches, which is partly why we've played a few on Tuesdays after a BH Monday and is also a massive contributory factor in the pricing for the Hull game.

Not sure £20 is plenty to run a Championship club on though? Also not sure I'd get a season ticket if it was that obvious to me I was only saving £2 per game as I miss so many midweeks.

I appreciate I might actually be only saving about £2 per game now but at least I'm blissfully unaware under the current system so keep my season ticket going.

• Moderators

Bolton public still won’t come at £20

Ken knows by doing the categories we will cash in on big away followings @ £32 a pop

How many people actually pay on the door these days for home games 2k?

Think the pricing is bang on tbh

Aye

He needs to milk the visitors for all he can

There's been all sorts of deals offered to attract folk

Season tickets, half season tickets, 6 game blocks

Any fvuking reason not to go fc

Aye

He needs to milk the visitors for all he can

There's been all sorts of deals offered to attract folk

Season tickets, half season tickets, 6 game blocks

Any fvuking reason not to go fc

Trouble is Burton won’t bring any and it’s worst weekend for crowds in the Football calendar and add to that works doos it’s dropped bollock us not doing some exceptional deals. 13k maximum on methinks.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Brentford was £15 and 13900 was on, price won’t make a difference

We’ve shown a bit of form since then and if it’s got to be a £10 to get folk in for this game or even a pantomime ticket this was the one game to pull out all the stops, nearly £40 for dad n lad against Burton is daylight robbery.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Anderson more than any predecessor has tried to get bums on seats however the apathetic bowton public will NEVER change

Plenty pub talk & interest from our armchair brigade plus the laughable advise given regarding financial aspects.

My usual retort is 'you expect some stranger to put his money into OUR club but contribute absolutely jack shit yourself....fuck off

Edited by Take Hunt Off

Anderson more than any predecessor has tried to get bums on seats however the apathetic bowton public will NEVER change

Plenty pub talk & interest from our armchair brigade plus the laughable advise given regarding financial aspects.

My usual retort is 'you expect some stranger to put his money into OUR club but contribute absolutely jack shit yourself....fuck off[/quote

Nailed it!

My usual retort is 'you expect some stranger to put his money into OUR club but contribute absolutely jack shit yourself....fuck off[/quote

Nailed it!

Agreed a great post. ????

Yes he’s paid it as he’s flying in from Cyprus but it’s not him why I’m making the point, he can afford it others can’t.

Sorry, mate, I don't buy into that not affording a one-off game business.

The folk who say they can't afford it, generally drink, smoke, do coke etc etc. The cost is just another excuse.

Gartside (RIP) has gone, so has Lee/Megson/Coyle/Freedman/Lennon, so ticket prices are the new cop out.

People moan when Ken's trying to run the club as a business, but will moan if we go bust.