Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Midfield

radcliffe white

You've got Madine at £5 million haven't you? :D

Based on his performances this season? More than that.

He's scored 9 this season (and got 5 assists).

Assombalonga cost Boro £15M - last season he scored 14 for Forest.

This year he's scored 12 so far with 0 assists. 

Derik and Karacan in midfield will take us back to the start of the season. Parky pulled a rabbit out of the hat with the Henry signing so I hope he can find another.

Vela would play tomorrow if it was a league game but the club don't want him cup tied.

Right, that's off my chest, off for lunch.

• Moderators

he is worth whatever somebody offers.

the price tag means nothing

not really

wigan offered 250k plus craig davies last year, but it got turned down, because he wasn't worth it

if leeds offer 1M, and we accept, it doesn't mean he's worth 1M

it means we're skint and need the money and leeds have got themselves a bargain

not really

wigan offered 250k plus craig davies last year, but it got turned down, because he wasn't worth it

if leeds offer 1M, and we accept, it doesn't mean he's worth 1M

it means we're skint and need the money and leeds have got themselves a bargain

I suppose the argument goes that if he's worth £3M and someone offers £1M it will be easy to spark a bidding war and get a higher value.

If only one club is interested say, at what is perceived to be a low price, it tells a story. 

I suppose the argument goes that if he's worth £3M and someone offers £1M it will be easy to spark a bidding war and get a higher value.

If only one club is interested say, at what is perceived to be a low price, it tells a story. 

I think most people are missing something here.

If we do sell Vela or Madine then why are we doing so - for the money obviously.

Why do we need the money - to pay the debts (or if you believe some - to put into Anderson's back pocket).

When do we need this money - NOW - not spread out over a few seasons.

So no-one like Leeds or Sunderland are going to stump up anything like £3.5 million cash for them - I doubt they have that sort of spare money laying around in their safe right now themselves.

So I guess it depends how desperate (or not) Anderson needs the money - and who will offer the most in cash down - that will influence any sale that happens and to whom.

[Maybe the extra share created by Anderson for Inner Circle is to allow someone (say Eddie) to invest say £1 million or whatever into the club now to keep us going, with the idea that Vela could be sold in the summer for a more realistic price - and for the £1 million (plus bonus) to be paid back from the sale over time. Just pure speculation on my part and not to be taken too seriously].

My point is that I can't see any sale happening for Vela/Madine in this window unless there is a wodge of cash up front for him/them - enough to pay off whatever wolves are currently at the door right now.

That's how I view things anyway.

If we do sell Vela or Madine then why are we doing so - for the money obviously.

Why do we need the money - to pay the debts (or if you believe some - to put into Anderson's back pocket).

So no-one like Leeds or Sunderland are going to stump up anything like £3.5 million cash for them - I doubt they have that sort of spare money laying around in their safe right now themselves.

So I guess it depends how desperate (or not) Anderson needs the money - and who will offer the most in cash down - that will influence any sale that happens and to whom.

[Maybe the extra share created by Anderson for Inner Circle is to allow someone (say Eddie) to invest say £1 million or whatever into the club now to keep us going, with the idea that Vela could be sold in the summer for a more realistic price - and for the £1 million (plus bonus) to be paid back from the sale over time. Just pure speculation on my part and not to be taken too seriously].

My point is that I can't see any sale happening for Vela/Madine in this window unless there is a wodge of cash up front for him/them - enough to pay off whatever wolves are currently at the door right now.

Yep, I agree. Whatever anyone thinks about KA, he's not stupid. He won't sell Vela for what he sees as something well under market value.

He sold Clough for what now looks a very good price.

As you say if someone offers enough cash up front Ken has to consider it. 

Our problem is cash flow, so we actually do not need £3.5M today but need to increase income, apparently.

So if someone offers £100k per month over 3 years it would help. (For instance not saying they would the terms or the price). No one really knows if less money but all up front is better for us than full price over a longer term.

The biggest issue we have is that everyone knows we are desperate so we will never get top dollar.

hes won me over a bit and its possible hes one of them thats worth much more to a team than you could ever sell them for

anyway, as it stands, it wont even register with me if he goes

its a bit like panning for cold but there is better out there for buttons, its just finding the right ones

that ginger - woods - at brentford would massively improve us, probably on wages we can afford and he cost em a million (we prob havent got that so fcuk it)

Spot on about Vela he’s not fit to lace Woods boots, without the ball Velas ok give him the ball he’s average at best and I’m sure we could replace him for not a lot of money with a bit of good scouting or agent work.

I want us to keep both Vela and Madine as they're vital players in the team.

If and it's a massive if someone came in with a brilliant offer then they'd have to be sold for the benefit of the business.

But it will be of massive detriment to the team.

We could possibly find someone to do what Vela does but players with so much energy and drive don't grow on trees. We could find a target man who'll graft his nuts off with little support at times.

They are both limited players but they are important to the way Parky sets the side up