Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Bristol City

little whitt

fucking crank? It was a shite first half especially they never troubled our keeper

They will not finish in top 6

But 3 points that’s all that matters

They never troubled our keeper....forgive me but I thought that was generally a good thing.

What are you expecting? We are fighting for our lives against generally mich better teams. Every game will be a scrap like that.

How did he give Alnwick a foul in the first half though, I sit North Lower and thought it was a nailed on pen

Wouldn't say it was a pen, I thought Alnwick got the ball (all be it in an unconventional manner) and then collides with their 14.

Definitely not a FK and had it been our forward and their keeper I'd have been going ape shit

I wouldn't have given a shit tonight what sort of spectacle it was or whether it was the biggest stinker Sky have ever shown if somebody had told me at 7.55 we'd get three points.

As it happens, we played one or two bits of football that were a distinct improvement on much of what we've seen week in week out all this season. Clough and Vela had great understanding going before he went, those plus Ameobi will be good enough to cause the more modest teams plenty of problems. New formation also allowed the full backs to get forward and, first half in particular, Little was a real nuisance to them, Robinson similar, including in build up to goal. Back three defended really well throughout, few openings given up to a team who caused Man City some issues twice.

A good night for PP and his team, they deserve a couple of pints tonight

Wouldn't say it was a pen, I thought Alnwick got the ball (all be it in an unconventional manner) and then collides with their 14.

Definitely not a FK and had it been our forward and their keeper I'd have been going ape shit

Nowhere near the ball. Nowhere near.

I'm in the NSL in the West corner and I thought he did.

But fuck it, we won and that's all that matters come 90 minutes

That seemed to be the refs view as well. I’m level with the penalty spot in NSL and thought it was a pen, lads in front of me thought he got the ball.

Cracking performance all in all. Much like the Cardiff game just before Christmas we made a promotion-chasing side look very ordinary.

Not a clue how Ameobi gets himself out of some of the scrapes he gets himself to as if it was what he planned all along, but that was a cracking finish and as close to Okocha’s goal against West Ham as we’re ever likely to get.

Back three looked solid all night for me. Would have preferred Henry and Derik to be a bit more commanding with the ball but Vela improved tenfold when Clough came on. Give it a week or two and he’ll be smashing in chances like the one he missed.

Top win. In Parky we trust.