Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Bristol City

little whitt

I think vela can play in midfield so long as there is movement in front of him.

He works well with Clough who has a natural ability to find a bit of space.

Moreover with a bit of pace and movement we might actually keep the ball a bit longer higher up the pitch. Thus giving the defensive part of the team a bit less work to do.

It’s actially quite exciting to think about how we could play if everything fits together.

Might tempt a few fans back who go for ‘entertainment’ purposes

• Site Supporter

It’s actially quite exciting to think about how we could play if everything fits together.

Might tempt a few fans back who go for ‘entertainment’ purposes

I posted something similar previously. Agree totally. Its an opportunity, and one I'd like to see tried for a few games.

Brizzle are a good team and may well beat us, so wouldn't want to see a one game experiment abandoned because it didn't work.

A bit of football played on a televised game could well help to put a few more bums on seats.

Edited by Tonge moor green jacket

I posted something similar previously. Agree totally. Its an opportunity, and one I'd like to see tried for a few games.

Brizzle are a good team and may well beat us, so wouldn't want to see a one game experiment abandoned because it didn't work.

A bit of football played on a televised game could well help to put a few more bums on seats.

Whether we play football or not, attendances won't trend upwards unless we win games. Even then they won't move much unless we're actively chasing promotion. See last year for example.

People want to see a winning side and an exciting run in, the football and style is basically irrelevant.

I think vela can play in midfield so long as there is movement in front of him.

He works well with Clough who has a natural ability to find a bit of space.

Moreover with a bit of pace and movement we might actually keep the ball a bit longer higher up the pitch. Thus giving the defensive part of the team a bit less work to do.

I also think Vela will look better in centre mid with Henry next to him. Henry has the discipline to sit and be the constant in front of the back 4 and is also a talker who won’t be afraid to tell him what to do.

If we’re going to change the way we play then we have to fully go for it, Burke has to be at the back and Vela needs to be in midfield otherwise there will be no link and Wheater will end up launching it after playing 8 1-2’s with Little and Henry

• Site Supporter

Whether we play football or not, attendances won't trend upwards unless we win games. Even then they won't move much unless we're actively chasing promotion. See last year for example.

People want to see a winning side and an exciting run in, the football and style is basically irrelevant.

To those who go I'd agree.

Not for those that don't- several in my street. My neighbour went to the Ipswich match with his brother in law (an Ipswich fan). His words were "its absolute shite..." You can imagine the rest.

Results do make a massive difference (a few of us made this point elsewhere), but a better standard of entertainment and news gets about and a few lost lads might just start making a return. May not be massive but small acorns etc.

friday night game, beers before and after, its not raining, new players on show.

this is a close as it gets to living the dream for us lot why wouldn't you be going?

Friday game means leaving work early, getting over avoiding the 62. No beer before during or after getting home approaching midnight and it is ducking freezing and it is on the telly. We have just sold our top scorer and are in the bottom three.

To those who go I'd agree.

Not for those that don't- several in my street. My neighbour went to the Ipswich match with his brother in law (an Ipswich fan). His words were "its absolute shite..." You can imagine the rest.

Results do make a massive difference (a few of us made this point elsewhere), but a better standard of entertainment and news gets about and a few lost lads might just start making a return. May not be massive but small acorns etc.

Nah. If we're losing or near the bottom, we could play the most beautiful football going, and nobody much would care. There'd be an excuse. 

Personally I think winning teams can play attractive or unattractive football. Losing teams always play unattractive football (even if in theory it isn't) because after the novelty of passing and losing wears off - and it does quickly, everyone just wants to win. See Coyle's demise. 

Friday game means leaving work early, getting over avoiding the 62. No beer before during or after getting home approaching midnight and it is ducking freezing and it is on the telly. We have just sold our top scorer and are in the bottom three.

ive rose tinted specs residing in howfen

pass off the fun police helps and trains running to town 

• Moderators

cya tonight  :)