Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Bristol City

little whitt

• Site Supporter

A bit controversial here; as much as ameobi is a hell of a threat, I do wish he'd complete some of the great stuff he does. After one of many tussles which he won, he played a good ball to Robinson but then failed to do the simple thing of going again into the box and giving himself a scoring chance.

Perhaps he doesn't quite have the legs, but I just wish he could really explode into the really top player he could be.

Nit picking I know but we could have an absolute wizard.

Anyway; a great goal and a hugely impressive defensive show with commitment from all.

Team working for each other.

Started off slowly, but got better and vela came into the game after half an hour or so.

Continued into second half.

Walker looked sharp but only had scraps- a better understanding will former once he gets to train more with the team.

Clough again good movement and quality in possession. Should have burried his chance though.

A really solid back 3, dervite once again impressive. Wing backs excellent and two lads in centre midfield disciplined.

There's a half decent team in there; believe in yourselves start to keep the ball a little more and there are more than enough points to be won to stay up.

• Site Supporter

Brilliant in that second half

The team seemed relatively comfortable in that formation and contained brizzle pretty well overall.

Every credit to PP for rolling the dice and making the change. The 3 points are down to him tonight.

The lift Clough gave everyone was heartening and I'm confident now.

Lee Johnson summed it up - we were better. And they're 5th.

That clough chance was built on morais and ameobi linking up on the right side.

No long ball. No crapping themselves when they have it at there feet. Simple 1-2 and driving forward. Vela with the dummy as well.

If we can surround ameobi with players who can play a bit and make the right runs we might have a chance this season.

don’t get too giddy yet

It was dire and next Saturday will be a bloody hard test against Fulham, Cardiff I actually think we may get a draw

Dire? We were playing a team in the top 6. And we gave them a game and beat them. We played some good stuff and defended superbly.

Anyone calling that dire is a crank.

I've just been on Facebook (my mistake). There are people calling for Phil Parkinson's head because of the quality of the football. I'm sometimes just staring at my phone in utter disbelief.

Hugely important win psychologically - fantastic stuff. Bristol City were shite and I hope our salad bar managed to get away unscathed!

Edited by kent_white

• Site Supporter

Dire? We were playing a team in the top 6. And we gave them a game and beat them. We played some good stuff and defended superbly.

Well said...not sure what some people expect. They fought tirelessly to a man & played some neat stuff on occasion with what is a new formation.

fucking crank? It was a shite first half especially they never troubled our keeper

They will not finish in top 6

But 3 points that’s all that matters

I've just been on Facebook (my mistake). There are people calling for Phil Parkinson's head because of the quality of the football. I'm sometimes just staring at my phone in utter disbelief.

Hugely important win psychologically - fantastic stuff. Bristol City were shite and I hope our salad bar managed to get away unscathed!

Those people share a collective brain cell, and probably spend their time on FIFA doing mad skillzzzzxz...in other words total morons.

Credit to the back 3 they won nearly everything , didn't think Walker liked being up front on his own , much better when Clough came on.

Middle 5 worked hard but we are still wasteful with the ball ,

Ameobi is just so different , he can hopefully build a relationship with Zach in the weeks to come .

Referee was poor for both sides

Well done whites .... Onwards and upwards

Once again parky puts a team out that runs through walls

Once again people can't give the credit he and they deserve

Did our keeper make a save?

One very good one second half. Only one I recall. Mind he didn't have his best game Alnwick. Flapped a bit and was extremely lucky not to concede a penalty.