Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

"I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc."

Simply wonderful :D

• Members
1 hour ago, Zico said:

what did they do to Darling Buds of May?

anyway, your moan starts here:

The original was better as it didn't have any social engineering or political content.

The social engineering comment was aimed at the mixed race kids. No problem with it whatsoever in principle. Just doubt that Euphan Todd would ever have envisaged her story this way.

I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc.

Just for the record (and you can check back if you can find it), I want Idris Elba to be the next Bond.

All about context. Believable that Elba could be Bond. Not sure Barbara Euphan Todd would have envisaged her story being told this way.

So you reject the notion of positive discrimination being at play then?

and as I said at the time to the Todd comment not envisgaing her story having mixed race kids in:

in what way though? it doesn't make sense, to me, unless you seem to think she wouldn't like black kids in her stories, which I'm sure you don't, so I don't get what you mean

and what makes you think Ian Fleming would've envisaged his story being told with a black guy playing Bond?

Well done for finding something. Yes, re-read that and nothing there I would resile from. Still fucking nonsense in my opinion. Read the character descriptions by the authors(WG and TDBOM). Attempts to re write history are fucking stupid IMO. What next? A NASA astronaut in Jack The Ripper?

• Members
Just now, DazBob said:

"I do have a problem with the virtue signalling mindset for positive discrimination which seems to be prevalent at the moment. It's reaching farcical levels with 'ethnic minorities' cropping up in medieval English drama's and the like; homosexuality in car adverts etc."

Simply wonderful :D

Tis a gift.

5 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

Well done for finding something. Yes, re-read that and nothing there I would resile from. Still fucking nonsense in my opinion. Read the character descriptions by the authors(WG and TDBOM). Attempts to re write history are fucking stupid IMO. What next? A NASA astronaut in Jack The Ripper?

What utter and total bollocks. That goes against all creativity ever. So you can never do a new version of an old song? Always have boys playing women in Shakespeare? Never re-shoot an old film? 

Nothing is created to be set in aspic. Everything is set to be reinterprited for whatever time you are living in, that's what keeps great art and culture alive and relevant. Give two directors the same script and you'll have two different versions.

Basically you don't like things changing to give other voices. You are looking to seek cultural ownership over something that isn't 'yours' And as for speaking on benhalf of dead creators of these works - you can get to fuck, that's beyond ignorant.

• Site Supporter
13 minutes ago, bolty58 said:

What about a HOMO astronaut?

3 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

What utter and total bollocks. That goes against all creativity ever. So you can never do a new version of an old song? Always have boys playing women in Shakespeare? Never re-shoot an old film? 

Nothing is created to be set in aspic. Everything is set to be reinterprited for whatever time you are living in, that's what keeps great art and culture alive and relevant. Give two directors the same script and you'll have two different versions.

Basically you don't like things changing to give other voices. You are looking to seek cultural ownership over something that isn't 'yours' And as for speaking on benhalf of dead creators of these works - you can get to fuck, that's beyond ignorant.

Baz Lurhmans Romeo&Juiliet was a masterpiece.

• Site Supporter
10 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Baz Lurhmans Romeo&Juiliet was a masterpiece.

6 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

But, but, but.....

image.png.25c6cedea59b5323a4f1bffbebdc8a95.png

I saw Igglepiggle from In The Night Garden give a peerless performance of King Lear a few years ago and I was appalled at myself for enjoying it.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

aye, that's what I thought you meant

your stance was you don't like social engineering, political correctness and vitue signalling

you don't like bummers in adverts

and you don't like mixed race kids in wurzel gummidge because the author didn't put them there

fair enough

but then Ian Fleming described Bond as white and 12 books and 25 films later and he's still white

so I can't think of anything more PC or virtue signalling than to champion a black Bond

it's very confusing

almost like you've become what you despise

brain washed maybe

1 hour ago, bolty58 said:

Yet Elba as Bond is ok?

Can't remember reading Fleming's description of Bond as big black bloke with a cockney accent.

You're one mixed up old man. 

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

aye, that's what I thought you meant

your stance was you don't like social engineering, political correctness and vitue signalling

you don't like bummers in adverts

and you don't like mixed race kids in wurzel gummidge because the author didn't put them there

fair enough

but then Ian Fleming described Bond as white and 12 books and 25 films later and he's still white

so I can't think of anything more PC or virtue signalling than to champion a black Bond

it's very confusing

almost like you've become what you despise

brain washed maybe

He’s a communist.

Red to the core.

And very confused.

And very forthright about bummers. Almost TOO forthright, if you catch my drift….

4 hours ago, royal white said:

I know which one you think is nonsense so let’s look at the other. Do you think people in the crowd have only just started reporting racism because players have taken the knee? Come on. 

see what you did there, classic diversion.

My question never hinted that folk in the crowds have only just started. You’ve just put that into your own words. Clearly more folk have been reporting recently though. I’ll answer or just for you though.

The rise is reporting seems to coincide with all this taking the knee and the abuse of those black players that missed the penalties. Also the police have committed to doing more. Wonder if there has been any recent campaigns encouraging them to do that💭 can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Your turn - do you think taking the knee has caused a rise in racism at grounds?

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

see what you did there, classic diversion.

My question never hinted that folk in the crowds have only just started. You’ve just put that into your own words. Clearly more folk have been reporting recently though. I’ll answer or just for you though.

The rise is reporting seems to coincide with all this taking the knee and the abuse of those black players that missed the penalties. Also the police have committed to doing more. Wonder if there has been any recent campaigns encouraging them to do that💭 can’t think of any off the top of my head.

Your turn - do you think taking the knee has caused a rise in racism at grounds?

Not diverting anything. It was obvious what your thoughts were.

I think racists have been more vocal, we have seen a rise in racism throughout society over the years and it’s likely many of those guilty of it will attend games, it won’t take much to trigger these people and taking the knee will definitely not help that. 

Fans for years have been urged to report racism, do you really think because now they’re kneeling it’s why it’s being reported? If the success is down to the kneeling why have many clubs stopped it? Kind of defeats the object doesn’t it? 

Out of interest, I’m Pretty sure the majority on here have heard some racism at the match. Has anyone ever reported it? 

• Site Supporter
2 hours ago, royal white said:

I think racists have been more vocal, we have seen a rise in racism throughout society over the years and it’s likely many of those guilty of it will attend games, it won’t take much to trigger these people and taking the knee will definitely not help that. 

Fans for years have been urged to report racism, do you really think because now they’re kneeling it’s why it’s being reported? If the success is down to the kneeling why have many clubs stopped it? Kind of defeats the object doesn’t it? 

Out of interest, I’m Pretty sure the majority on here have heard some racism at the match. Has anyone ever reported it? 

I heard someone call a Scottish footballer a “knock-kneed ginger-pubed porridge wog” last season, and that was in the north lower.

I reported it to a steward who confirmed the supporter was 100% correct.

Its rife.

2 hours ago, royal white said:

So if the kneeling has made racists more vocal, then logic dictates more people will hear it and there will be more people reporting it. 

If that means less racists in the ground then that's a success isn't it?

I've never reported it. I told the two little twats behind me who were indulging a couple of years ago to shut the fuck up or fuck off. Which they did to both.

6 minutes ago, mickbrown said:

So if the kneeling has made racists more vocal, then logic dictates more people will hear it and there will be more people reporting it. 

If that means less racists in the ground then that's a success isn't it?

I've never reported it. I told the two little twats behind me who were indulging a couple of years ago to shut the fuck up or fuck off. Which they did to both.

Which is what I said but others said that’s nonsense, if there’s more of something to report on then reporting  numbers will increase. 

If the incident that you witnessed a couple of years back happens on sat will you report them? 

Edited by royal white

9 minutes ago, royal white said:

Which is what I said but others said that’s nonsense, if there’s more of something to report on then reporting  numbers will increase. 

If the incident that you witnessed a couple of years back happens on sat will you report them? 

Nah. I'll tell them to fuck off again.