Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

• Members
7 hours ago, Zico said:

aye, that's what I thought you meant

your stance was you don't like social engineering, political correctness and vitue signalling

you don't like bummers in adverts

and you don't like mixed race kids in wurzel gummidge because the author didn't put them there

fair enough

but then Ian Fleming described Bond as white and 12 books and 25 films later and he's still white

so I can't think of anything more PC or virtue signalling than to champion a black Bond

it's very confusing

almost like you've become what you despise

brain washed maybe

Befuddled and confused. For a start I missed the glaring opportunities for slick sales slogans.

Fags in jags, bummers in Hummers. Even Lezzers in Tesla's almost works. Not brain washed, just resting ;)

16 hours ago, royal white said:

Not diverting anything. It was obvious what your thoughts were.

I think racists have been more vocal, we have seen a rise in racism throughout society over the years and it’s likely many of those guilty of it will attend games, it won’t take much to trigger these people and taking the knee will definitely not help that. 

Fans for years have been urged to report racism, do you really think because now they’re kneeling it’s why it’s being reported? If the success is down to the kneeling why have many clubs stopped it? Kind of defeats the object doesn’t it? 

Out of interest, I’m Pretty sure the majority on here have heard some racism at the match. Has anyone ever reported it? 

What's interesting though, is when this all started, many like yourself (don't ask me to quote) who didn't see the point in players doing it felt we didn't have any big problems with racism and that things had got better. Folk saying it was an American movement and an American problem etc. 

But now you're saying there is a rise and racists have become more vocal? Do folk on here actually think that's the case? The last few games I've been to I've seen nothing, compared to 15 years ago when chants like "you're just a town full of pakis" would be common in the ESL and at away games. 

I don't think it's only because of the knee that more folk are reporting and I've never painted it as something amazing. It's a combination of factors. But the reality is that since the knee and the abuse of those players, the police have committed to doing more and actually charging people. So folk see the point in reporting it - most of this will be at grass roots level as well.  

Similar concept to when Weinstein was charged and then more people spoke out. Think of the Crawley manager and investigations in other sports - would they have been as well documented and would anything have been done without recent campaigns? 

Edited by London Wanderer

8 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

What's interesting though, is when this all started, many like yourself (don't ask me to quote) who didn't see the point in players doing it felt we didn't have any big problems with racism and that things had got better. Folk saying it was an American movement and an American problem etc. 

But now you're saying there is a rise and racists have become more vocal? Do folk on here actually think that's the case? The last few games I've been to I've seen nothing, compared to 15 years ago when chants like "you're just a town full of pakis" would be common in the ESL and at away games. 

I don't think it's only because of the knee that more folk are reporting and I've never painted it as something amazing. It's a combination of factors. But the reality is that since the knee and the abuse of those players, the police have committed to doing more and actually charging people. So folk see the point in reporting it - most of this will be at grass roots level as well.  

Similar concept to when Weinstein was charged and then more people spoke out. Think of the Crawley manager and investigations in other sports - would they have been as well documented and would anything have been done without recent campaigns? 

Don't know why you bother.

You'll get some whataboutry, a made up point and a spurious question in response.

It's like having a discussion with a teenager.

1 hour ago, London Wanderer said:

There’s dozens that have been done in the past, before any recent campaigns including a former Wanderer. 

“so folk see the point in reporting it” go back a couple of posts and see what MB thinks. 

If the knee is a good thing we wouldn’t see it stopping, we wouldn’t see high profile black players speaking out against it, we would see clubs around the world in the top leagues following what’s happened here (we haven’t). If something is so good why stop 🤷🏻‍♂️

48 minutes ago, royal white said:

There’s dozens that have been done in the past, before any recent campaigns including a former Wanderer. 

“so folk see the point in reporting it” go back a couple of posts and see what MB thinks. 

If the knee is a good thing we wouldn’t see it stopping, we wouldn’t see high profile black players speaking out against it, we would see clubs around the world in the top leagues following what’s happened here (we haven’t). If something is so good why stop 🤷🏻‍♂️

Because some see it as good and some dont?

Plus it doesnt really matter?

1 minute ago, Spider said:

Probably best we ignore racism.

And Brexit.

Both shit, but if we look over there somewhere, we can ignore it.

Brexit fuelled the racism remember. Racism in football started to rise pretty much straight after Brexit.  All those that voted for it (you) are part of this country’s downfall and rise in racism. Shame on you. 

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, royal white said:

Brexit fuelled the racism remember. Racism in football started to rise pretty much straight after Brexit.  All those that voted for it (you) are part of this country’s downfall and rise in racism. Shame on you. 

The king is in greater Manchester, shaking hands and bringing joy to its residents, and all you can do is harp on about the past.

Its a lovely day, the food banks are keeping our nurses well fed, the potholes in the road are keeping Thistlethwaites doing a roaring trade and the cold is a real boon for our besieged energy firms.

And all you can do is moan.

Tsk.

9 minutes ago, Spider said:

The king is in greater Manchester, shaking hands and bringing joy to its residents, and all you can do is harp on about the past.

Its a lovely day, the food banks are keeping our nurses well fed, the potholes in the road are keeping Thistlethwaites doing a roaring trade and the cold is a real boon for our besieged energy firms.

And all you can do is moan.

Tsk.

Something we agree on. Bolton is in Greater Manchester 

On 20/01/2023 at 10:53, royal white said:

Not much point in responding to that last bit because I’ve never argued the knee is “so good”. 

Just footballers asking those with the power to do more. And some just showing solidarity. Hardly a revolutionary campaign. But bit by bit things like this play their part. If it was so utterly pointless why did Kick it Out support it? 

I think what surprised folk the most was just how upset it made a minority. 

5 hours ago, London Wanderer said:

Not much point in responding to that last bit because I’ve never argued the knee is “so good”. 

Just footballers asking those with the power to do more. And some just showing solidarity. Hardly a revolutionary campaign. But bit by bit things like this play their part. If it was so utterly pointless why did Kick it Out support it? 

I think what surprised folk the most was just how upset it made a minority. 

KIO I would think support anything thats meant to fight racism. The fact they’re not pleading with players/clubs to carry on taking the knee and are backing them on stopping tells its own story. 

• Site Supporter
9 minutes ago, royal white said:

KIO I would think support anything thats meant to fight racism. The fact they’re not pleading with players/clubs to carry on taking the knee and are backing them on stopping tells its own story. 

They've backed players to do whatever gesture they see fit. What 'story' do you think it tells?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-black-lives-matter-carabao-cup-efl-swansea-b2137326.html

We support the players in whatever they decide, but we want to make sure that going forward, irrespective of taking the knee, that we are still talking about racism, we are talking about reasons why players had to take the knee, because those issues haven’t gone away,” he told the PA news agency.

Edited by Cheese

13 minutes ago, Cheese said:

They've backed players to do whatever gesture they see fit. What 'story' do you think it tells?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-black-lives-matter-carabao-cup-efl-swansea-b2137326.html

We support the players in whatever they decide, but we want to make sure that going forward, irrespective of taking the knee, that we are still talking about racism, we are talking about reasons why players had to take the knee, because those issues haven’t gone away,” he told the PA news agency.

Get ready for some whataboutry, a made up point and a spurious question in response*

*borrowed from Nic