Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Tommy Robinson

royal white

26 minutes ago, Not in Crawley said:

I'm not sure you can read, or rather intepret anything.

Was there a cannon fodder regiment for blokes as numb as you?

You can’t get much more numb than posting a link which goes against the point you’re trying to prove. Like you say though you sure hate numbers 

Edited by royal white

1 hour ago, royal white said:

It was said on here that since the knee it’s got worse and more divided. I agreed with them, others didn’t. You and others used KIO figures saying that racism had risen because more fans were now reporting it. If you read the figures properly that’s not true with regards to the professional game.   

Yes I remember discussing all that. As you said, some agreed and some didn't. I don't need to re-read those figures, we read the same ones and had different opinions on why more was being reported. 

Glad you've remembered anyway - you went off on some every strange tangents there. 

2 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

Yes I remember discussing all that. As you said, some agreed and some didn't. I don't need to re-read those figures, we read the same ones and had different opinions on why more was being reported. 

Glad you've remembered anyway - you went off on some every strange tangents there. 

Because the figures don’t show what you thought. When you said more people are reporting it was because they’re braver (or words similar) yet when you look at the figures More people aren’t reporting.  (in the pro game which is what we are obviously talking about). 

Not sure what the point in the KIO reporting procedure is, it appears they just use it as a record, I can’t see find any arrests or charges off the back of a report being sent to KIO. Not sure if you’ve seen anything?

2 hours ago, royal white said:

Because the figures don’t show what you thought. When you said more people are reporting it was because they’re braver (or words similar) yet when you look at the figures More people aren’t reporting.  (in the pro game which is what we are obviously talking about). 

Not sure what the point in the KIO reporting procedure is, it appears they just use it as a record, I can’t see find any arrests or charges off the back of a report being sent to KIO. Not sure if you’ve seen anything?

I've said a couple of times before we were talking about about all aspects of the game. Pro and grass roots. The knee was never just about pro-football. 

And in answer to your question, that's why more is being asked to be done. Still a long way to go clearly but good to see some of those abusers charged from the online abuse after the Euros. 

I think we now live in a culture where folk are more likely to call someone out for being a racist. More so than when I first started watching football. 

Edited by London Wanderer

6 minutes ago, London Wanderer said:

I think we now live in a culture where folk are more likely to call someone out for being a racist. More so than when I first started watching football. 

The trouble is they are likely to pull a knife out if you say anything to them (wherever you are)

Edited by athywhite1958

• Moderators
11 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

The racist, who is the antagonist, if they are thick enough to spout racist behaviour at people they are probably thick enough to carry a knife

But it's only the blacks carrying knives and they obviously can't be racist 

• Site Supporter
11 hours ago, athywhite1958 said:

The racist, who is the antagonist, if they are thick enough to spout racist behaviour at people they are probably thick enough to carry a knife

So people shouldn't report racist abuse at the match because the racist is likely to be armed with a knife?

1 hour ago, Cheese said:

So people shouldn't report racist abuse at the match because the racist is likely to be armed with a knife?

crikey, I'd not thought about that. We need to have a word with our stewards if they're letting knife wielding maniacs through the turnstiles 

• Site Supporter
30 minutes ago, frank_spencer said:

To busy taking away bottle caps to be keeping away knives

Here’s how mental that particular rule is.

Portsmouth game I walked through the turnstile with a bottle of water, complete with cap.

finished the water, bought my lad a bottle of coke from the bar. Guy serving took the cap off so I just put the one from my water straight back on the coke bottle whilst he watched.

For a minute I think he considered asking a steward to help him out.

I honestly have no idea why they do it.

• Site Supporter
4 minutes ago, Spider said:

Here’s how mental that particular rule is.

Portsmouth game I walked through the turnstile with a bottle of water, complete with cap.

finished the water, bought my lad a bottle of coke from the bar. Guy serving took the cap off so I just put the one from my water straight back on the coke bottle whilst he watched.

For a minute I think he considered asking a steward to help him out.

I honestly have no idea why they do it.

They do it so you can't buy a bottle from the kiosk then lob it on the pitch. I agree it's a bit of a nonsense, but I understand why. I've started taking bottle tops in my pocket because I've accidentally kicked my kids bottles over far too many times now.

• Site Supporter
Just now, Cheese said:

They do it so you can't buy a bottle from the kiosk then lob it on the pitch. I agree it's a bit of a nonsense, but I understand why. I've started taking bottle tops in my pocket because I've accidentally kicked my kids bottles over far too many times now.

But they let folk walk in with bottles.

Anyone thinking of throwing a bottle on the pitch can take a spare cap in.

Of all the procedures put in place, this one ranks as the dimmest.

• Site Supporter
12 minutes ago, Spider said:

But if it does happen, the club can rightfully say "We don't sell bottles with caps on", therefore the liability lies entirely with the bottle thrower.

Edited by Cheese

12 minutes ago, Spider said:

Aye, even a child is smart enough to work round that nonsense. 

It took my 10 year old nephew 2 goes at getting a bottle of sprite in there before one week he all of a sudden had a lid on it. Our kid asked him where he'd got that from, "I just kept the lid in ma pocket from one ma mum got me the other day". 😂

• Site Supporter
6 minutes ago, boogs said:

Aye, even a child is smart enough to work round that nonsense. 

It took my 10 year old nephew 2 goes at getting a bottle of sprite in there before one week he all of a sudden had a lid on it. Our kid asked him where he'd got that from, "I just kept the lid in ma pocket from one ma mum got me the other day". 😂

Unfortunately, we've got to base these things on the thickest in society.

• Site Supporter
17 minutes ago, Farrelli said:

that takes me back to the 70’s and remembering keepers clearing the goal before the game started

All the cunts who stocked up during the lockdown should start chucking it again at games.