Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wanderers 1-0 Aston Villa

globaldiver

Magnificent performance

Best I’ve seen this season by a distance

Playing some proper football and higher up the pitch.

Well done, Parky. Again.

Great performance. Flanagan could and should have made it a slightly easier ride with that chance in the first half. Whilst ALF should've grabbed another in the second half. Thought Alnwick did well and Henry did his usual in the middle to steady things. Buckley caused them problems. Overall we matched them and probably just edged the victory.

How disappointed would you be as a Villa fan though. Twat the top of the league last week and then a home defeat against QPR backed by a defeat to lowly Bolton! Some week.

We'll do the opposite no doubt and get beat by Brum at home next time out!

Edited by Smiley

Wonderful performance in some shocking conditions, glad we scored during the blizzard it felt mint!

Endured a rail replacement back to Manchester with their lot, what moaning fuckers. Accent doesn’t help like. “Walsall has a better pitch than that, never seen a pitch cut up so much” it was snowing, you bells.

We were brilliant, can’t speak highly enough of us tonight

Fancied us after the first 10 minutes when it was clear Villa didn’t really want to be there.

We outfought them. Can only remember a couple of tricky moments in our box and given Villa’s stacking quality that is to our huge credit.

Parky has to be manager of the season if he keeps us up. Without spending a penny and selling your top scorer in January. What an achievement staying up would be.

Fucking elated, I don't get the negativity over Buckley he was superb first half, Henry and Ainwick  both good shouts for player of the season. I don't think I have ever been as cold I had 5 layers on but still feltno shame for calling Colin a soft cunt because he had socks on.

Alnwick was brilliant.

Henry ran the show.

Villa liked a whinge.

Buckley was possibly the only negative.

Didn't enjoy watching on the sofa rather than being there.

Buckley had a good game imo. That was bloody cold and there was never 19k on the ground was half empty

Absolutely superb must admit expected more from villa

Le fondre take a bow son never stopped

Negatives Buckley is gash and a gone missing poster for ameobi needs putting up

Nearly there whites

how can you criticise anyone after that performance, did you watch the game

Buckley had a good game imo. That was bloody cold and there was never 19k on the ground was half empty

I agree Buckley played well he’s now getting nearer to the player I thought we’d signed. Must have been loads of season ticket holders didnt show id think nearer 16k.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

• Moderators

Folk decided Buckley was shite so he will always be shite

Anybody not seeing how good he was today needs to pack it in

Mind, same folk reckon ameobi did nowt

Fantastic performance by a fantastic team brought together to fight for a fantastic club by a fantastic manager

Fantastic

For the largest away following we've seen this season their support was shite. Never heard em after we scored apart from a late chant at a steward when it kicked off

That they were quiet was down to our teams performance, it’s a long time since we had a team with the heart these lads have.

Folk decided Buckley was shite so he will always be shite

Anybody not seeing how good he was today needs to pack it in

Mind, same folk reckon ameobi did nowt

Fantastic performance by a fantastic team brought together to fight for a fantastic club by a fantastic manager

Fantastic

he can join in ameobi

I agree Buckley played well he’s now getting nearer to the player I thought we’d signed. Must have been loads of season ticket holders didnt show id think nearer 16k.

quite a few didn’t trap round us, can't blame them though it was brass monkey weather

• Moderators

That they were quiet was down to our teams performance, it’s a long time since we had a team with the heart these lads have.

Said it a few times recently but I don't think any team has made me feel quite as good as this lot

Run through wall's for us

Parky must be so proud, too

We were magnificent.

Their singing about empty seats and then going quiet because it's not going their way? Compare and contrast with the support we gave at Hillsborough last weekend

• Moderators

Making a big think of Taylor's tackle on the half way line

Stick ch5 goals on as I think they're going to focus on that

For me, he sees their mon coming and goes in to protect himself, plays the ball and momentum takes him onto their mon

One of those things