Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

Always gives me a wry smile when people say it's the worst performance they've seen in ages. Anybody remember Bolton-Birmingham, Bolton-Millwall, 1st half at Barnsley, 1st half at Leeds, and that's just the past month!!!

Anyway a cheaper season ticket coming up...surely?

I’m not sure I want a cheaper season ticket or any season ticket at the moment, this squad of players and team selections turning me off Football completely. It’s that bad I’m passed giving a shit and at this point in time I’m thinking my 3 season tickets will be unused next week.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

Horseshit

You're implying he wanted to stay, once hed been offered well over double his wage. If/When we go down, it'll be nothing to do with the sale of Madine

Not having that selling your top scorer and then scoring at a severely reduced rate following that isn’t connected. Also not having that it hasn’t seriously influenced the second half of the season.

We were ok but I think even those that hated Madine would admit our form since he went was based on nicking games 1-0 and that only. If we ever lost solidity we were in trouble. Not saying it was hugely different with him here but I’d fancy he would have given certain teams a tougher time than we’ve managed. We have nothing up front of any note.

Not having that selling your top scorer and then scoring at a severely reduced rate following that isn’t connected. Also not having that it hasn’t seriously influenced the second half of the season.

We were ok but I think even those that hated Madine would admit our form since he went was based on nicking games 1-0 and that only. If we ever lost solidity we were in trouble. Not saying it was hugely different with him here but I’d fancy he would have given certain teams a tougher time than we’ve managed. We have nothing up front of any note.

Looking from afar it seems that it's our tactics since selling Madine that have let us down rather than missing him per se.

Weren't exactly ripping up trees with him were we?

It's the lack of fight in the last few games that has been most disheartening.  Seemed like the hard work was done a few weeks ago.

Bugger

Edited by madthatter

Again, bullshit we were winning mostly 1-0 when he was here mostly, it's all down to Parkinson not being able to adapt his style that we're dogshit.

I’m not sure I want a cheaper season ticket or any season ticket at the moment, this squad of players and team selections turning me off Football completely. It’s that bad I’m passed giving a shit and at this point in time I’m thinking my 3 season tickets will be unused next week.

Got like that for me end of season before last and again now. Have to mess about a group of young, hungry kids who love athletics to attend all the Tues games and some of the end of season Saturdays. Only so often I'm minded to do that. The kids deserve support more.

Whilst I understand your reasoning, the main issue is, having sold the top scorer, Parky continued to play the type of football to a player we then didn't have at the club. We were unable to or couldn't afford to bring in a player of that calibre so he should have changed his tactic, he didn't, and whilst we picked up some results, he is unwilling or unable to change his football philosophy, which could lead to relagation next week.....Even if we were extremely fortunate next week, there is nothing in this season that gives me confidence he can better us for next season

Again, bullshit we were winning mostly 1-0 when he was here mostly, it's all down to Parkinson not being able to adapt his style that we're dogshit.

Most neutrals would see a side selling their top scorer in January as being in trouble. Most sides who do that will struggle. It’s just a fact. The last 7 games have been appalling and certainly about far more than not having Madine. But we don’t have the right balance in this squad to significantly play differently. End of the day we were struggling with a lad who scored 10 in half a season and without him it’s tipped the balance too far.

I think the biggest thing actually is taking that physicality he brought out of the side has left us struggling in both our boxes on set pieces. Funny to say it but we don’t look like scoring set piece goals.

It will just be in a lower league.

Just living in hope that he will go. I know he won't if we stay up. It's just a silver lining I am clinging to.

I was a big fan. After today though I agree, his time is up. No point changing before next week, but after that.....

Next week is the first game since freedman was here that when only a win will do. We have to win. We have to score. How do you conclude that there's no point changing before Next week? There is every point. We just need someone to pick the team, anyone, but parky.

Most neutrals would see a side selling their top scorer in January as being in trouble. Most sides who do that will struggle. It’s just a fact. The last 7 games have been appalling and certainly about far more than not having Madine. But we don’t have the right balance in this squad to significantly play differently. End of the day we were struggling with a lad who scored 10 in half a season and without him it’s tipped the balance too far.

I think the biggest thing actually is taking that physicality he brought out of the side has left us struggling in both our boxes on set pieces. Funny to say it but we don’t look like scoring set piece goals.

You come across as quite an intellectual fella but your complete reluctance to acknowledge that he should of gone another way about it since Madines departure is either completely egotistical because you dont want to admit you were wrong or you firmly believe Parkinson didn’t have any other option Edited by barrycowdrill

Any side not able to meaningfully invest in a squad will be around bottom of the league, was always going to be touch and go whether we stay up, and it is.

The current structure and finances of the club mean we're likely to be around championship/league one position. No club with home crowds of around 10,000 has a given right to be in the championship these days, this is our level right now.

Taking his physicality away, i'm not having this'he was our top scorer' nonsense. He was our only forward and pen taker and latterly free kick taker. How could he avoid being top scorer? If the two halves of the season were reversed, ALF is top scorer so if he goes to Cardiff and is replaced by Madine, everyone is up in arms saying we deserve to go down selling ALF for 6 mil. Bottom line is parky will only play 1 striker and we know it doesn't work whoever it is

Any side not able to meaningfully invest in a squad will be around bottom of the league, was always going to be touch and go whether we stay up, and it is.

The current structure and finances of the club mean we're likely to be around championship/league one position. No club with home crowds of around 10,000 has a given right to be in the championship these days, this is our level right now.

Our average crowd is 15,700 not 10,000.  

If the league table was all about the crowd size sunderland would be 4th and we'd be 8th from bottom