Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Burton Albion 2-0 Wanderers

burnden

Just got back

Absolutely devasted, never felt this bad since Stoke fa cup semi

We had nothing about us, no spunk, nothing. Support was top class though

We made Burton look like Barcelona instead of a side destined for the drop. Ground felt like Atherton/Chorley standard

Really, really bad day for all those of us who love BWFC, it’s heartbreaking....

It's a must win come next Sunday though :D

Your day in the sun finally :)

Indeed. Just wish I was wiser and realised we are too good to go down and anyone thinking otherwise is an idiot.

And selling Madine was a bold effort. It’s not worked. We didn’t play well with him and we don’t know how it would have worked. One thing is we’ve been shit all year

• Site Supporter

Just got back

Absolutely devasted, never felt this bad since Stoke fa cup semi

We had nothing about us, no spunk, nothing. Support was top class though

We made Burton look like Barcelona instead of a side destined for the drop. Ground felt like Atherton/Chorley standard

Really, really bad day for all those of us who love BWFC, it’s heartbreaking....

Agree, it was mainly good, but also some right cunts there too, I had to move away from one loudmouth who was booing us and shouting Parky out halfway through the first half, only to come across another halfwit screaming Jolly Green Giant at their keeper, as if it was some great insult. At this point I went and stood back next to 'Nobhead A' 

I said earlier on the thread five at back does not work with our players as the midfield simply does not cover enough ground.

But if you play 3 holding players in midfield it is even worse.

Nothing good to say. How that ground has a safety certificate for that terrace is incredible.

I do not see how Parky can keep his job. He picked that team.

https://twitter.com/marciles/status/990352013673353216?s=21

Yes the players are shit, but this just screams bad management.

Hasn’t parkys entire reign shown on the pitch, that he just doesn’t train the players to pass the ball.

I mean come on, 40% pass accuracy from some of our midfielders is just beyond a joke.

Absolutely embarrassing, not even league 1 tactics, more like non-league.

Well for the game. Noone can walk off thinking he put a shift in. The rest well........ they can fuck off. Not one shot on target against burton.

We are gone.

Ken and co seem to have got off lightly on here tonight? From top to bottom they’ve all let us down.

We deserve to go down because in theory we needed 4 points from 8 games if we had of beat anyone of brum/Barnsley/burton. We’d of all snapped our hands off at that scenario.

Parky put a dreadful team out. I’m sick of all of them top to bottom. Been relegated multiple times but to walk into this the way we have from the position we were in is nothing short of pathetic.

Well for the game. Noone can walk off thinking he put a shift in. The rest well........ they can fuck off. Not one shot on target against burton.

We are gone.

Ken and co seem to have got off lightly on here tonight? From top to bottom they’ve all let us down.

We deserve to go down because in theory we needed 4 points from 8 games if we had of beat anyone of brum/Barnsley/burton. We’d of all snapped our hands off at that scenario.

Parky put a dreadful team out. I’m sick of all of them top to bottom. Been relegated multiple times but to walk into this the way we have from the position we were in is nothing short of pathetic.

Fuck ‘em mate. We’ll still be here long after all of the cunts

As for PP... he has had to do a job with both hands tied behind his back

He didnt want washing machine sold and has no funds to replace

Must be as frustrated as us

Hands tied behind his back?

Is that what makes him use a bingo machine weekly?

Those players should be waking on to that pitch feeling 10ft tall; they are completely broken - you can see it a mile off. They’re scared shitless

And before anyone starts, it’s not the fans’ fault

See his interview and it absolutely demonstrates the same

It’s kot about losing Madine, it’s about those that we didn’t lose; nobody runs ahead of the ball or tries to lose their man, or comes short for it- all because they are so scared that we’ll lose it

That’s a culture

And irrespective of finances, PP is employed to make sure that culture is a positive one and using that he gets the best out of the players

He’s doing nowhere near that

He’s panicking and therefore so are they

He seems an honest and sincere fella but it’s simply not good enough.

The only positive I can cling On to from the game was Noone’s efforts and endeavour. Alnwick too probably

It was that bad that after half time nobody could even be arsed being angry. Never have I seen such an important game leave everyone so apathetic

Big changes required to the culture in the playing group; they’re absolutely broken

Those players should be waking on to that pitch feeling 10ft tall; they are completely broken - you can see it a mile off. They’re scared shitless

It’s kot about losing Madine, it’s about those that we didn’t lose; nobody runs ahead of the ball or tries to lose their man, or comes short for it- all because they are so scared that we’ll lose it

That’s a culture

And irrespective of finances, PP is employed to make sure that culture is a positive one and using that he gets the best out of the players

The only positive I can cling On to from the game was Noone’s efforts and endeavour. Alnwick too probably

It was that bad that after half time nobody could even be arsed being angry. Never have I seen such an important game leave everyone so apathetic

Big changes required to the culture in the playing group; they’re absolutely broken

A decent target man might have helped

As for PP... he has had to do a job with both hands tied behind his back

He didnt want washing machine sold and has no funds to replace

Must be as frustrated as us

This is bang on, Parky has a collection of 3rd Division players on 4.5k a week.I don't think Parky rates any of the strikers at the club, i think they have all been forced on him.His best striker Le Fondre was released by Wigan and Wolves because he wasn't up to Div 2 standards.The quality of the playing staff is so low is that even the owner said this week that before the season started he'd have settled to be in that position in the league table with 2 games left.
We'll find next season when they are playing against lower quality players on lower wages at clubs like Oldham, Fleetwood and Gillingham they'll get better results. The  club is doing nothing better than yo yoing between Divs 2 and 3 until they'll pay for better players than these.

That’s a culture

What I’d say is that a lot of this happened in the past few weeks. After Villa a lot of this wasn’t the case. We were working incredibly hard as a team. Ok still limited in our attacking quality. But 6 points clear and looking like we’d easily grind enough points out.

The big question is ‘what on Earth happened during the international break?’. To go from where we were to this is mind boggling.

This is bang on, Parky has a collection of 3rd Division players on 4.5k a week.I don't think Parky rates any of the strikers at the club, i think they have all been forced on him.His best striker Le Fondre was released by Wigan and Wolves because he wasn't up to Div 2 standards.The quality of the playing staff is so low is that even the owner said this week that before the season started he'd have settled to be in that position in the league table with 2 games left.

We'll find next season when they are playing against lower quality players on lower wages at clubs like Oldham, Fleetwood and Gillingham they'll get better results. The club is doing nothing better than yo yoing between Divs 2 and 3 until they'll pay for better players than these.

Same shit different day with you

He clearly doesn’t rate any striker we have because they are unable to do the one job HE asks them to do. Win 50 headers a game from punts from the goalkeeper

There’s a reason wilbraham is somehow still employed as a fucking footballer and sadly by us. Because PP is obsessed with Alnwick, Beevers, anyone lumping the ball!

And for the record when the shit cnut came on yesterday he didn’t win one!!

The highest pass rate from any of our players yesterday was 62% with an average of around 53%. Why? That’s not because they are technically unable to do so. Yes a couple of sloppy passes here and there (Henry as an example) it’s because they all just leather the fucker up to a 5’9 striker and 6ft winger!!!

Sick to fucking death of people trying to defend the indefensible. We haven’t played any type of football for 2 years yet there’s always an excuse “the embargo” or “selling Clough” now 5 months later it’s “selling Madine”

Now Parkinson is coming out and putting the issue at the feet of the players. YOUR the fucking issue Parkinson!!

I can think of 1 Legitimate chance we’ve had in the last 4 or 5 games (Alf millwall at home) and that came from an intercepted pass back to the keeper. We create FUCK ALL and that’s not down to a lack of ability it comes from the dross directions of that clueless, stubborn, simple fucking idiot

• Site Supporter

Apologies for my earlier drunken ramblings and mass duplicate posts but I've still not got it off my chest woke at 4 o'clock after my failed alcohol induced attempt at forgetting yesterday's debacle and it was worse ,made myself a promise about 3 years ago after a particularly traumatic family incident that i wouldn't let BWFC get to me any more but fucking hell whats going on ? We don't shoot at goal for hours on end dont tackle dont run fast can't pass the ball what the fuck do they do in training ? I might be way off the mark and thick as a Ghurkas foreskin but a the club and football in general should do something about this cant they be sued for deformation of contract these ex managers Coyle fucking Freedman and now this prick come bring so called players and promises fail abjectively and fuck off with the money it could not happen in any other walk of life,and someone further back mentioned Noone putting in a "full shift" fucking full shift should be a basic fucking minimum requirement every fucking match by every fucking player in every fucking team ,what the fuck is the fear of playing away about in the modern game the pitches are all the same the crowds are seated and sterile you dont travel on an old charabanc fucking pussies would struggle to beat Turton never mind Burton I'm fucking livid

• Site Supporter

Apologies for my earlier drunken ramblings and mass duplicate posts but I've still not got it off my chest woke at 4 o'clock after my failed alcohol induced attempt at forgetting yesterday's debacle and it was worse ,made myself a promise about 3 years ago after a particularly traumatic family incident that i wouldn't let BWFC get to me any more but fucking hell whats going on ? We don't shoot at goal for hours on end dont tackle dont run fast can't pass the ball what the fuck do they do in training ? I might be way off the mark and thick as a Ghurkas foreskin but a the club and football in general should do something about this cant they be sued for deformation of contract these ex managers Coyle fucking Freedman and now this prick come bring so called players and promises fail abjectively and fuck off with the money it could not happen in any other walk of life,and someone further back mentioned Noone putting in a "full shift" fucking full shift should be a basic fucking minimum requirement every fucking match by every fucking player in every fucking team ,what the fuck is the fear of playing away about in the modern game the pitches are all the same the crowds are seated and sterile you dont travel on an old charabanc fucking pussies would struggle to beat Turton never mind Burton I'm fucking livid