Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Oxford Road Bus Lane In Manc

tomski

The majority around town are buses 7-10 and 4-7; maybe that gets folks?

For me I Thought the buses onlybot was further up and as it gets towards Oxford St that you’re ok, cos I’d seen loads of cars going down there. Hence doing it and getting done

The stretch up near the unis and hospital is bus only from 6am to 9pm.

The stretch up near the unis and hospital is bus only from 6am to 9pm.

Great that isn't it. Times when the majority of folk visiting MRI, St Mary's, Manchester Children's Hospital, and the Eye Hospital are trying to get in

Would love to know what percentage of people were "innocents" following satnavs and maps trying to get into the car parks

Great that isn't it. Times when the majority of folk visiting MRI, St Mary's, Manchester Children's Hospital, and the Eye Hospital are trying to get in

Would love to know what percentage of people were "innocents" following satnavs and maps trying to get into the car parks

Most I imagine.

The bit in front of the MRI isn't part of it. Got to come in from A34 

Most I imagine.

The bit in front of the MRI isn't part of it. Got to come in from A34 

Very true. But if you're coming in off the Mancunian Way or Princess Parkway the signs take you in via Oxford Road

That's when you suddenly hit the bus lanes and the signs are shit. When they first implemented it I fortunately spotted the signs in a "where the fuck do I go now?" moment and came to a halt completely confused. Next thing I've got Ronnie Pickering's twin brother banging on my driver's side window until I asked him if he had a fucking clue how to get to the car park. Completely bizarre with about 6 of us stood in the road trying to work out what to do causing a massive queue. Madness

Very true. But if you're coming in off the Mancunian Way or Princess Parkway the signs take you in via Oxford Road

That's when you suddenly hit the bus lanes and the signs are shit. When they first implemented it I fortunately spotted the signs in a "where the fuck do I go now?" moment and came to a halt completely confused. Next thing I've got Ronnie Pickering's twin brother banging on my driver's side window until I asked him if he had a fucking clue how to get to the car park. Completely bizarre with about 6 of us stood in the road trying to work out what to do causing a massive queue. Madness

Aye I can imagine sat navs will drop you right into the shit.

Just tried google maps and it drops you in via whitworth park which I think means you would be on the stretch that's not part of the bus gate malarkey

On the flip side it has made Oxford Road a much more pleasant place.

I've had to do a u turn outside contact theatre when dropping someone off at the hospital. Not got a ticket yet it seems like there's a little bit at the junction you can drive in but wouldn't be surprised if it arrives having been delayed. Felt like it had been poorly signed to trap you.

It's a fucking joke. 

The main car park for Manchester Royal Infirmary is just off the middle of that restricted bit of Oxford Road

If you're staff, an out-patient, visiting a patient, or going there on business you try getting into that car park without getting a ticket

The signage is dreadful

Thats were I got done - bastards

Doubtful. I was stood outside MRI this week and saw loads of cars passing by - a high percentage of them were making the turn as if to go to the car park

I've never been one of those who rants about speed cameras/bus lanes/etc being "revenue generators" - I know someone who is involved in the decision-making as to where to put put markings on the road/warning signs/etc - it costs a fortune - and they only do it if they need to do it

I get the fact that Oxford Road was/is dangerous with a massive hospital, a university, shops and bars, and a high level of pedestrians and traffic but the simple fact is that they have fucked up in a big way by doing the signage on the cheap. It's clearly not visible enough. End of

• 3 weeks later...