Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Wanderers 3-2 Nottingham Forest

Spider

• Moderators

it's mental that it's still a possibility given the utter dross we've served up of late

but bar the 2nd half at Barnsley, I've seen nowt to think we can do it

we'll either win and one of the other two will (probably in the last minute), or, we will not win and neither will the other 2 (they will probably lose a lead in the last minute)

it's just like when we went down from the PL, we shouldn't have gone down but we're doing our utmost to be shit enough to blow it

2-0 win for us, Burton and Barnsley lose after leading their matches. Preston just lose out after Derby score a late winner with Preston fans still celebrating their late winner against Burton until a delayed radio message reveals Derby have won

2-1

Drama and jizz all over the place as Barnsley and Burton both draw and we stay up.

Well at last we are facing a genuine 'must win' game.

None of the other contenders for relegation actual must win to survive, although clearly relying on a draw would not be a realistic option.

Unfortunately PNE also have a 'must win' situation - they have to win and hope Derby lose to make the play-offs.

[PNE require a 10 goal win if Derby draw, so that is not a viable option.]

Millwall are almost eliminated as they require an 11 goal swing in their winning and Derby's losing margins, plus PNE not winning.

However as Villa are fourth come what may, they have the opportunity to rest key players.

So whereas Forest can afford to sit back and break against us, PNE cannot do the same against Burton. Burton could potentially sit back for a while at Preston. If Barnsley and Bolton both go 2 goals down, Burton could even play for a draw.

Birmingham are at risk. Look what happens with these scores:

Bolton 1-0 Forest & Birmingham 2-5 Fulham.

Bolton 2-0 Forest & Birmingham 3-5 Fulham.

What vouchers are needed for the play-off (at Stoke?).

Of course if Bolton win 1-0 and Birmingham lose 0-3 we go above them, and need only either Barnsley or Burton to fail to win...

Can’t see me using my ticket for this

Really pissed off with it all after that team selection today, not learning the lesson from the Birmingham fixture was criminal

De Ja Vu

More to life than getting so fucking angry on a Saturday

Fuck it

Edited by birch-chorley

• Site Supporter

Working next weekend so won't be there ......1-3

Likewise. Anyone requiring an adult and junior ticket for wsl can have them.

I will have to email/text pictures of the tickets as I've misplaced them but this is all that is required.

And I'm not payang anyone to take them.

• Site Supporter

Can’t see me using my ticket for this

Really pissed off with it all after that team selection today, not learning the lesson from the Birmingham fixture was criminal

De Ja Vu

More to life than getting so fucking angry on a Saturday

Fuck it

You'll be there

win 2-0 and you'll all be wondering what the fuss was, with Barnsley and Burton getting mullered

You on the drugs; we wouldnt beat Stockport County with the way he sets up a team and the gutless players themselves

I just hope i am wrong and we could put in a performance like the Bristol City fixture

Can't see Burton Barnsley or Birmingham getting a sniff next week unfortunately I can't see us winning a one ticket raffle. Has it stands if parkys in charge next Sunday I'll be playing golf, hope Ken reads ww because the ground is going to be empty going off comments on here. Pull the trigger Ken you know it makes sense

• Site Supporter

You on the drugs; we wouldnt beat Stockport County with the way he sets up a team and the gutless players themselves

I just hope i am wrong and we could put in a performance like the Bristol City fixture

Good job we're not playing em then :blum:

• Site Supporter

Can't see Burton Barnsley or Birmingham getting a sniff next week unfortunately I can't see us winning a one ticket raffle. Has it stands if parkys in charge next Sunday I'll be playing golf, hope Ken reads ww because the ground is going to be empty going off comments on here. Pull the trigger Ken you know it makes sense

Golf, fucking golf???????????????   

You'll be there too