Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Bolton Wanderers 3-2 Nottingham Forest

Spider

Parky has the new enough to at least be here for the start of next season for me. Said at the start of the season that I'd snatch your hand off for 4th from bottom - so I'd be a hypocrite if I said anything different now. Been on the pitch twice in successive seasons under PP. And we still haven't spent a penny on a player since 2015. Still hasn't sunk in how monumental the result was today. Proper Bolton folklore tackle. Really happy for Wilbraham as well. His post match interview was terrific. I'm just proper chuffed for everybody - enjoy these days!:)

That’s In my top 5 games as a Wanderers fan unbelievable fanstastic effort today, thought the fans were magnificent not many left the stadium at 1-2 and we got our reward. I must say the Andersons are lucky lucky bastards, Bolton back from the dead and pocketed another 2 million with Cardiff getting promoted.

I'd say shrewd rather than lucky. They took a gamble selling madine and it worked but the deal they negotiated was very good for the club so I'm saying shrewd.

Don't post often but fuck me that was immense. My legs went to jelly after the first goal. Heart rate was all over the place and when the winner went in Jesus Christ. Some dick head armchair fan all over facebook laughing over the pitch invasion. These dicks will never get it. Loved it today. Get innnnn

Don't post often but fuck me that was immense. My legs went to jelly after the first goal. Heart rate was all over the place and when the winner went in Jesus Christ. Some dick head armchair fan all over facebook laughing over the pitch invasion. These dicks will never get it. Loved it today. Get innnnn

Sounds like a fan who is renewing next year

=@

Edited by stevieb

A bit stunned. Such exciting games seem to happen to other clubs. We, the fans, deserved that.

A sour note; why did he freeze out Little for so long?

Doesn’t get any better than that folks.

It really doesn’t.

That’s why we do it, that’s what we chase.

To have my lad with me made it even more special.

Come on you whites. I’m gonna wake up in a minute.

It really doesn’t.

Could have been written by me. Love it gonzo.

Hopefully makes all the driving from Blackpool to Tuesday night shite worth it!

My son with tears in his eyes at 2-1 turned to me and said I want to go! I told him. Never give up. We stay until the end. Didn’t believe anything other than the usual would happen. Im still in a state of shock!

Been lucky enough to be at all the previous dramatic matches mentioned. This deserves to be up there with the best. The fans today were as good if not better than any match I’ve been to. Pure positivity from start to finish.

It really doesn’t.

If I knew how to give a plus one...

• Site Supporter

For me, totally different to celebrating promotion.

Delighted, can't stop smirking. How do we avoid another crappy season of playing poor. Tonight is ace, needs sommat though. Fuck it, that can wait

INN KEEPER - MORE BEER

Have had no nerves at all this week. Had accepted relegation after last week. Today was incredible.

From the first whistle the fans were superb and every player was bang up for it. Feel very sorry for anyone that couldn’t make that today, absolutely incredible

• Site Supporter

It really doesn’t.

You wrote something a few years ago, along the lines of “ that moment” describing how it feels When a goal goes in.

The 3rd was “that moment” you described

Fucked if I can find it like but was definitely you :D

• Moderators

For me, totally different to celebrating promotion.

Delighted, can't stop smirking. How do we avoid another crappy season of playing poor. Tonight is ace, needs sommat though. Fuck it, that can wait

INN KEEPER - MORE BEER

Just keep laughing like a dick

What has just happened

Hold my hands up missed the end

Parky well done you made hard work of it

New season new manager maybe new owners

Parky has taken us up and kept us up. In the circumstances and unbelievable achievement. Mistakes have been made. But no way are they sacking him after that. Perhaps today shows Parky is right. We are a different team with a target. Most are. I think he might feel he should have been braver and picked Wilbraham over Le Fondre earlier.

A bit stunned. Such exciting games seem to happen to other clubs. We, the fans, deserved that.

A sour note; why did he freeze out Little for so long?

Cos he can’t defend? I mean he was superb. One could also argue his lack of defensive ability cost us two goals and Forest should have got one first ten minutes when Little also went missing.