Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Cup

madthatter

• Moderators

This is as good a WC as I can remember.

Always better when the hosts do well as well.

On that, I've heard not one report of bother, racism or the like . . . hmm

Would it be fair to say those accusing the Russians of racism may have been being a bit, you know . . . ?!

They're a backwards lot when it comes to think like gays and blacks and we saw in France these lads like their bother

But with the whole world watching they were having none of it Going on in their own backyard

Ath white is out there

He’s said on here that all the holidays got told to behave

They won’t have stood for any mither on their own doorstep

Fully agree, best WC for ages

Aye I saw that post.

I just find it amusing and a tad hypocritical that media like the BBC, Guardian etc are happy to create an image of Russia(ans) as a racist, war mongering state and even warn against blacks travelling there; and on the other hand if you were to suggest that you're fearful of, and may get kidnapped and have your head lobbed off, in an Islamic country you're a racist, Islamophobic so and so.

I know Russia are no angels but it does seem to back up the idea that 'it's alright cos they're white' kind of mentality.

What it really shows is that most folk are decent fun loving people who couldn't really give a fcuk and that the media like to stir shit when it suits their agenda but nail it down when it doesn't

They're a backwards lot when it comes to think like gays and blacks and we saw in France these lads like their bother

But with the whole world watching they were having none of it Going on in their own backyard

So all Muslims are terrorists then?  Wouldn't want to go near a Mussie with a bag pack?  ;)

I think you're right by the way, for a small section, but you must concede the media's obvious hypocrisy and bias

Edited by madthatter

• Moderators

So all Muslims are terrorists then? Wouldn't want to go near a Mussie with a bag pack? ;)

I think you're right by the way, for a small section, but you must concede the media's obvious hypocrisy and bias

Aye the hypocrisy and bias is quite clear

It was a potential problem and has bern dealt with splendidly, which should be acknowledged

• Site Supporter

Aye the hypocrisy and bias is quite clear

It was a potential problem and has bern dealt with splendidly, which should be acknowledged

This.

I don't for one minute believe their issues don't exist.

They've just been clamped down upon very well.

I reckon the logistics of travelling large distances has helped with this too.

Aye I saw that post.

I just find it amusing and a tad hypocritical that media like the BBC, Guardian etc are happy to create an image of Russia(ans) as a racist, war mongering state and even warn against blacks travelling there; and on the other hand if you were to suggest that you're fearful of, and may get kidnapped and have your head lobbed off, in an Islamic country you're a racist, Islamophobic so and so.

I know Russia are no angels but it does seem to back up the idea that 'it's alright cos they're white' kind of mentality.

What it really shows is that most folk are decent fun loving people who couldn't really give a fcuk and that the media like to stir shit when it suits their agenda but nail it down when it doesn't

There has been plenty of media coverage about Qatar.

Similarly about holiday destinations where terrorist acts are possible.

Are you being a bit selective?

There has been plenty of media coverage about Qatar.

Similarly about holiday destinations where terrorist acts are possible.

Are you being a bit selective?

Aye

I'm selecting to talk about Russia as the World Cup is going on there at the minute. 

• Moderators

https://twitter.com/thecasualultra/status/1013532144784863232?s=12

Think this goes a long way to explainbig why there’s has been little trouble from the Russians

it's probably all state orchestrated propaganda or something

state backed lads sent to the Euros to give the rest of Europe a message

invite tv companies over to film their lads preparing for the world cup in hooligan bootcamps

deter the foreign riff raff

then round up their own and do what needs to be done to keep them quiet for a few weeks

one of my favourite hooligan videos is this one of Spartak and Zenit coming together for a mass brawl on a bridge

The 2022 World Cup final is set to be played in the city of Lusail in Qatar. The city of Lusail is still being built.

In 40 months a city that doesn't exist yet will hold the World Cup final

The 2022 World Cup final is set to be played in the city of Lusail in Qatar. The city of Lusail is still being built.

In 40 months a city that doesn't exist yet will hold the World Cup final

A week before Christmas too

I’m on sports bar at the minute. Some of the callers they have on have to be nonce material.

They are either gimps/stattos with fuck all better to do than phone the radio at 11pm at night or totally fuckin pissed.

Or both.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.