Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

World Cup

madthatter

Are you Diddles?

:0 

I was having a look at the WC sticker book, and the packs are 80p! were they ever that much?

Really looking forward to it, a month of football on an almost daily basis, England have game winners and talent and theres plenty of talent on show elsewhere, Spain and Brazil's squad look unreal, France and Germany too.

I'll watch every game but I would never watch Russia v Saudi Arabia for example normally :lol:

• Site Supporter

I was having a look at the WC sticker book, and the packs are 80p! were they ever that much?

Really looking forward to it, a month of football on an almost daily basis, England have game winners and talent and theres plenty of talent on show elsewhere, Spain and Brazil's squad look unreal, France and Germany too.

I'll watch every game but I would never watch Russia v Saudi Arabia for example normally :lol:

I always book leave from work for the world cup, all the England group games then the second fortnight, best sporting event of the (fourth) year without doubt, even better than the Mosconi Cup and the Winter Olympics.

Brazil to win for me despite the location

Wish i wasn’t too old for the panini sticker books

You've got a son therefore you have a valid excuse. Just don't let him stick any in!

That involve the video of the bag heads arguing the virtues of 'my girls', and the definition of a tramp?

haha the latest one is some decrepit woman with her false teeth falling out whilst in the middle of a spice coma

Brazil to win for me despite the location

Wish i wasn’t too old for the panini sticker books

We've spent a fortune on the sticker book this time, become a habit!

Finally completed our first squad last night (Senegal), but must easily have as many swaps as we do stickers in the book. There's a swap bus driving around the country spending a day in different cities. Fuck it Im gonna go and queue up with people to find Egypt's sodding backup keeper.

• Members

You wanna live in NZ. Majority of kick off times between midnight and 6am.

Some of us counter this by planning our WC year annual holiday in warm southern European climes  ;)

Can't fucking wait.

We have a chance of making the QF's. Germany or Spain to win it.

Some of us counter this by planning our WC year annual holiday in warm southern European climes ;)

Can't fucking wait.

We have a chance of making the QF's. Germany or Spain to win it.

Is that chance of making the 1/4 no chance by any chance?

I am like Parky on this.

No idea what our best team would be. In fact I do not think I could name a team of 11 English players.

Edited by Ani

I always book leave from work for the world cup, all the England group games then the second fortnight, best sporting event of the (fourth) year without doubt, even better than the Mosconi Cup and the Winter Olympics.

Anything that has a Geordie commentator cannot be considered a sporting event ;) 

I am like Parky on this.

No idea what our best team would be. In fact I do not think I could name a team of 11 English players.

I think Dervite could take up residency now if that helps????

I remember collecting footy stickers from about 95-99 and I'm sure the packs were about 30p, and you used to get 6 stickers in a pack not 5. 80p is fucking scandalous- I read somwhere that apparently the average cost of filling the WC book is expected to be about £700 (can't remember the exact figure). Was tempted to have a go at filling it but not at that price

Full grown men, collecting stickers........deary me

The average cost is supposed to be about £600 to fill one of these things (due to repeats etc) - you could go on a bit of a holiday for that.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.