Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pre Season Tour

Mounts Kipper

quite a few assumptions there malc

they managed 9 friendlies last season, though they were out of Europe by July 4th, that said, they probably didn't wait till then to sort them out

To be fair they were unlucky to come across a Luxembourg team in the first round!

do bolton and rangers still have that weird lovein?

There a no such thing

There’s quite a few English clubs have a minority “Rangers” following due to the old “loyal” thing. Nowt to do with Bolton especially

When I was a kid I remember double sided BWFC and Hearts bobble hats

There a no such thing

There’s quite a few English clubs have a minority “Rangers” following due to the old “loyal” thing. Nowt to do with Bolton especially

Aye I think I had every loyalist pin badge under the sun. Even went to some orange march thing in Manchester with some barm pots from the union bar.

Then I realised what a complete cock I was being and grew the fuck up.

I'm always amazed anyone can be excited about Scottish football. My dad says the old firm games are nuts but you can get that elsewhere in the world and go somewhere better than Scotland

Saying that if someone says they are rangers or Celtic, I'm just uninterested rather than offended

according to a rangers message board

Friday 6th Bury

Sun 29th Wigan

Bloody hell, one would have thought they’d like to be playing teams at the same or higher level than them.

Wigan and Bury, that is

• Members

There a no such thing

Not now possibly but there used to be a regular busload going up off the front car park at Burnden.

Main organiser had management connections at BWFC and there was a close alliance with the Blackburn Loyal which operated out of Quinny's pub.

Weird why? Pro British, pro the armed forces, long history of connections.

Long may it continue.

Weird because most sane folk realise that the above generally has fuck all to do with football. Two cheeks of the same arse.

In terms of the actual football in Scotland, take out the era where Rangers were paying invisible big bucks during the Murray era and it’s actually a much higher standard than it used to be, and if nowt else the SPFL has had a lot more going for it than the Premier League this season in terms of sub plots and even Celtic being marginally more likely to fuck things up than City.

• Members

Weird because most sane folk realise that the above generally has fuck all to do with football. Two cheeks of the same arse.

In terms of the actual football in Scotland, take out the era where Rangers were paying invisible big bucks during the Murray era and it’s actually a much higher standard than it used to be, and if nowt else the SPFL has had a lot more going for it than the Premier League this season in terms of sub plots and even Celtic being marginally more likely to fuck things up than City

You're as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Surprised you even take an interest unless there's a hidden agenda?

There is a massive union flag with both badges and Little Hulton emblazoned on it. Certainly a hell of a lot of folk, many former forces or sons of servicemen, feel as much Rangers as they do Bolton.

I wouldn't say it's a weird love in, they are passionate folk, their beliefs are their own. It goes beyond football.

There is a massive union flag with both badges and Little Hulton emblazoned on it. Certainly a hell of a lot of folk, many former forces or sons of servicemen, feel as much Rangers as they do Bolton.

I wouldn't say it's a weird love in, they are passionate folk, their beliefs are their own. It goes beyond football.

Yeah defo all massive church goers

You're as entitled to your opinion as I am mine. Surprised you even take an interest unless there's a hidden agenda?

I take a more than passing interest in the Scottish League as I’ve followed Hibs for years - blame a childhood visit to Edinburgh and Hibs signing Andy Walker closely followed by Mixu - and go to a few games a season.

I’ve posted on here about it previously, along with my disdain for both sides of what used to be known as the Old Firm, not least thanks the countless occasions I’ve had to share a railway carriage with the knuckle draggers who attach themselves to both sides. Would be nice if they both fucked off back to 1690 and let everyone else concentrate on the football.

I’ve no issue at all if other BWFC fans happen to follow Rangers, Celtic or Inverness Caledonian Thistle as after all it’s no different to me and I’m sure we’re all BWFC fans first and foremost, but I’d like to think we can do better than to follow the lead of so many other English clubs who cling to the coat tails of Rangers in the name of a ‘friendship’ when in reality they couldn’t give a fuck in the other direction.