Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Sterling

anewman

I want every England player to do well but FFS Sterling is dog shit, his finishing is terrible, he constantly falls over with the ball at his feet and when he does stay up he runs into trouble, virtually every attack that went to him broke down, should've been taken off at half time. 

Rashford all day long in that position

• Site Supporter

Every Workd Cup needs a scapegoat and it’s clear who this tournament’s is.

I think most people are calling it like it is with Sterling & would love him to succeed, unfortunately last night was pretty typical of his performances for England.

Every Workd Cup needs a scapegoat and it’s clear who this tournament’s is.

Not sure I'd say he's a scapegoat but he's not doing enough for me - funny that 1000's think the same . . .

I can see why Southgate gave him the nod today (for confidence) but he isn't impressing and should have scored that header.  Got away with it but goes without saying that can't continue.

I'd replace with Rashford and see if he can make an impact as a sub from now on.

Edited by madthatter

Not sure I'd say he's a scapegoat but he's not doing enough for me - funny that 1000's think the same . . .

I can see why Southgate gave him the nod today (for confidence) but he isn't impressing and should have scored that header. Got away with it but goes without saying that can't continue.

I'd replace with Rashford and see if he can make an impact as a sub from now on.

Thought he played well today to be honest. His pace was always a threat.

Thought he played well today to be honest. His pace was always a threat.

His pace is always a threat it's what he does with the ball at his feet that isn't ;)

I want him to do well and don't dislike him at all, just think the pressure/expectancy is getting to him at the minute and a break would do him good.

Either way I think Rashford is a better option and would have said that before a ball was kicked.

Played a big part in our 1st half, if not for the interplay/assist for Lingard, but for his movement.

Should have scored yes, but at least he's getting himself in scoring situations.

Think he'll be better vs less defensive teams, but I wouldn't expect him to start v Belgium

Lovely bit of movement and pass that led to another Lingard chance, but Jess's shot was blocked

Edited by Didledee

I followed him today, he doesn't look interested.

Drop the cunt, and play Rashford instead.

What part of the game showed he looks disinterested? joined in with the celebrations and was involved, been credited with 2 assists too

is starting rashford over sterling the answer?

I was all for it, but thinking on, i believe Rashford is more of an impact player from the bench

when i've seen him start for club and country i dont think he's as good

Edited by L/H White

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.