Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England V Panama

gonzo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm convinced Rashford will start instead against Belgium.

Manager just said some players maybe need a game.

Rose might start, and I can also see Cahill playing as he has experience of playing with Lukaku and Hazard.

Don't think there'll be too many changes though.

Expecting Lukaku and Hazard to be rested

Our defence looks suspect at times...

In both games Maguire and Walker have both looked really uncomfortable in possession when under the slightest pressure. At times today they favvered Jimmy Philips facing Rodney Jack.

Those minor concerns aside the team as a whole have been fantastic.

6-1 up but we have some shite players in this squad

Sterling is absolute bobbins and how did that Delth and Rose get there? How is Maguire keeping Cahill out?

But we are through so keep the best 11 and who knows

Because Maguire is better than Cahill

• Moderators

amsued by the radio 5 phone in this morning

england fans calling in with talk of going all the way (that wasn't the amusing bit, am cautiously optimistic myself)

but one bloke rang in with talk of going all the way, that we are good enough and chipped in with the token one about "had brazil played like that v panama the press would've been all over it full of praise, but as it's england, they not"

"have you read the papers today? they are full of praise for england"

"no, I don't read the papers"

"so you're having a go at the papers for not praising the england team even though you don't know if they are praising them or not?"

"I don't bother reading the paper, I only listen to radio 5"

"we're praising england too, everyone is"

Edited by ZicoKelly

Jordan Henderson ran 10.06km against Panama, 1km more than any other player on the pitch, in 32-degree heat.

He completed 91% of his 72 passes attempted, won all four of his aerial duels and wasn't dispossessed once.

Bossing the midfield. ????

Jordan Henderson ran 10.06km against Panama, 1km more than any other player on the pitch, in 32-degree heat.

He completed 91% of his 72 passes attempted, won all four of his aerial duels and wasn't dispossessed once.

Bossing the midfield.

Captain of a team who has just got to the CL final and who are one of the better sides in this country.

Was close to captaining his country to a WC

yet some still question why hes in the team  :lol:

Bossing the midfield.

There is a flaw in your statistics.

Bossing the midfield.

According to this he had the lowest pass completion rate of the midfield 3....and indeed only Kane had a lower one.

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1249958/LiveStatistics/International-FIFA-World-Cup-2018-England-Panama

He does make a lot of passes though. 

And I did think he had a good game yesterday. But he's miles off the midfield quality of some of the better teams in this tournament. Having said that I think our midfield is our biggest weakness generally. 

Edited by bwfcfan5

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.