Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Vs Belgium

Spider

Got to go for the win, surely?

Yes, but there doesn't seem to be much difference between the possible teams in Group H

Looking forward to this

Are Belgium a good team or just a good bunch of individuals? We'll see

Straight pub from work for this

They’ve looked pretty good so far.

If de Bruyne or lukaku have those couple of chances Panama had in the first 5 minutes today they’re in the onion bag.

Bobby M has got em attacking but as per that leaves his teams open at the back, which will suit us imo.

Will be 4-3 or summet daft

Fuck this, it’s coming home. Award it to us now, bossing this us. Not felt this invested in an England team for 20 years me. Group of us round Berlin singing 3 Lions and talking about the opening of the Sir Jesse Lingard Centre in Manchester, this is our time.

3-3 this one,crazy game another step on the way to The Crowning.

Edited by Marc505

Fuck this, it’s coming home. Award it to us now, bossing this us. Not felt this invested in an England team for 20 years me. Group of us round Berlin singing 3 Lions and talking about the opening of the Sir Jesse Lingard Centre in Manchester, this is our time.

3-3 this one,crazy game another step on the way to The Crowning.

This post sponsored by Warsteiner?

I doubt he will change it a great deal

Kabe won’t want to miss out on a game as he’s gunning for the Golden Boot. Sterling needs a goal, doubt he will be dropped. Lingard had a great game, Loftus-Cheek has only played one anyway.

Potentially Dier in for Henderson, Young might make way and maybe a centre half

They’ve looked pretty good so far.

If de Bruyne or lukaku have those couple of chances Panama had in the first 5 minutes today they’re in the onion bag.

Bobby M has got em attacking but as per that leaves his teams open at the back, which will suit us imo.

Will be 4-3 or summet daft

he's playing KDB way to deep, when he pulled Hazard and Lukaku and moved him further up on Saturday, he looked the beast thats been playing at city all season

lukaku and hazard both picked up injuries apparently?

Honestly, if coming second means missing ze Germans I'd say play for it; which is silly, as they can't really, so should just try to win.

Hoping for a high scoring game and interested to see how we hold up under some quality attacking.

It would be simply lovely if Brazil and Germany met in the last 16 

Lets be sensible....if the options were win the group and play Colombia then Germany/Brazil or finish 2nd and play Japan then Mexico....I know where I'd rather finish.

By the time we play Belgium we'll know the best route. Ultimately no route is easy but psychologically for our young team Germany in the quarters might be too much. And whilst Germany look poor we know, what happens when it comes to the crunch. 

That’s if Germany get past Brazil in the next round, which would be the most likely opponent

Aye well I'd not fancy Brazil either!

If we can somehow end up in the section of the bottom half without Brazil and Germany in then I've definitely got a 1990 feel coming on!

• Site Supporter

Brazil and Germany are still obviously high in the pecking order.

If they played each other, then a chance it'd be a really difficult game, and it might be a decent time to play the victor.

Other teams will be on a pressure free adventure; like England, and might prove harder than expected.

Serious question for anyone itk, where can i get early confirmed Line-ups before each game?

There's going to be a lot of players rested in this round and i don't want to back players who aren't going to be starting.

Flash scores will have them an hour before kick off.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.