Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Vs Belgium

Spider

until theres a reserves World Cup i couldnt give a toss if we had Spazzy Daz as 2nd choice Goal Keeper

and unless all XI starters contract aids and cant play the depth in the full 23 man squad is irrelevant. It isnt going to win us anything

A decent enough 13/14 will do 

Honestly couldnt give a flying fook if another nations 3rd choice CB is better than ours. We wouldnt meet them until the final again anyway where non of last nights outfield players baring Stones would start 

It probably just suggests that if Dembele can't get into their 1st team that on paper they are far stronger than us.

We didn't need last night to show that. Doesn't mean they'd beat us in a real game.

It probably just suggests that if Dembele can't get into their 1st team that on paper they are far stronger than us.

We didn't need last night to show that. Doesn't mean they'd beat us in a real game.

Or it shows Dembele isn't as good as Kevin DeBruyne but not many players are.

i completely get they have a bigger and better squad than ours but we knew that anyway? so we havent learned anything in my mind. Last night just reinforced what we all knew...

plus, you only really see the impact of that depth if there are a raft of changes (ie; last night) a change in DM or FB doesnt tilt the balance massively in favour of one team over the other 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Site Supporter

Another England Belgium game that no one really gives a shit about.

I’ll never understand the 3rd/4th place fixture.

Anyway, play the lads who didn’t get a game + Kane to make sure he can win the golden boot

I think it’s an important one for us to win

If we finish the tournament having lost to Belgium twice and Croatia once then many will say that we can’t do it against ‘the better sides’

A fair opinion granted

I just don’t think we want to come away from this with three defeats under our belt, Belgium are a good side, let’s go out and prove ourselves

If we finish the tournament having lost to Belgium twice and Croatia once then many will say that we can’t do it against ‘the better sides’

A fair opinion granted

I just don’t think we want to come away from this with three defeats under our belt, Belgium are a good side, let’s go out and prove ourselves

I think its utterly irrelevant. Nothing will be proven either way.

Go and show we've learned from this in 2020. That is the only time it counts.

• Site Supporter

Couldn’t care less about this. I will watch the final but won’t even bother watching this farce.

I will never forget the look on Shilton’s Face when he received his flowers for playing in the 1990 game

Cant see us playing anywhere near full strength team in this, no way.

Freak situation where what would usually be a bit of a marquee fixture in international football is going to be practically a reserve fixture twice at the same World Cup.

Must be a horrible fixture to have to stay behind and play in, after the Lord Mayors show, country emptying out. I expect everyone will just be wanting to get on holiday and back to their clubs now.

Fifa should fuck this game off, remember thinking this in 1990 and think exactly the same now

They should.....but it generates cash!

It really is a game nobody cares about, especially the players. I'd expect another semi-reserve side to be fielded

• Members

Just watched first half. Same old midfield creativity deficiency.

One thing though. Raheem Sterling? Does my fucking head in. How can such a highly paid pro not keep hold of the ball better. If he hasn't given away possession more than any other player at the WC, I would be amazed. Is there a Golden Tool award.

A fair opinion granted

I think it’s of utter irrelevance personally

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.