Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

England Vs Belgium

Spider

Just watched first half. Same old midfield creativity deficiency.

One thing though. Raheem Sterling? Does my fucking head in. How can such a highly paid pro not keep hold of the ball better. If he hasn't given away possession more than any other player at the WC, I would be amazed. Is there a Golden Tool award.

Behave

You can't call sterling you know

Reality setting in now. A great tournament for England but we are a way off the better sides. Belgium and Croatia both outplayed us.

System doesn’t work either in these games.

We outplayed Croatia for 45 minutes so I'd say we ain't far off, sustainability and taking chances our downfall, same today.

• Moderators

Reality setting in now. A great tournament for England but we are a way off the better sides. Belgium and Croatia both outplayed us.

Think we knew that already though, hence the clamour to avoid Brazil for the easier route

System doesn’t work either in these games.

We’ve been the 4th best team at this World Cup.

Just watched first half. Same old midfield creativity deficiency.

One thing though. Raheem Sterling? Does my fucking head in. How can such a highly paid pro not keep hold of the ball better. If he hasn't given away possession more than any other player at the WC, I would be amazed. Is there a Golden Tool award.

It’s Sterling personal award mate. He got to keep it after being a bag of shit for country over the last few years.

That twat couldn’t trap a bag of cement.

Yet folk on here think he’s amazing....

It’s Sterling personal award mate. He got to keep it after being a bag of shit for country over the last few years.

I don't know . . .

I'll happily say he caused teams more problems than anyone else really, which is why we aren't quite good enough.

His end product is abysmal, considering

Jones on the other hand should have started every game in a back one.  Rock

Edited by madthatter

If he’s good enough for Pep Guardiola he’s good enough for england.

Granted his final ball needs a hell of a lot of work but I reckon that’s job for a psychologist rather than any coach.

He tears defences to pieces and pulls teams apart thus creating space for others. That’s his job.

All a matter of opinion of course but he’s the least of england or Man City’s problems. If he can somehow learn to keep his cool and execute correctly he could be one of the best in the world.

He’d be shit at golf. He’d make the green in no time then twat the ball in the trees.

If he’s good enough for Pep Guardiola he’s good enough for england.

Granted his final ball needs a hell of a lot of work but I reckon that’s job for a psychologist rather than any coach.

He tears defences to pieces and pulls teams apart thus creating space for others. That’s his job.

All a matter of opinion of course but he’s the least of england or Man City’s problems. If he can somehow learn to keep his cool and execute correctly he could be one of the best in the world.

He’d be shit at golf. He’d make the green in no time then twat the ball in the trees.

Spot on mate in most comments there and that’s what makes it so frustrating....his final delivery and execution is a load of dog turd.

As for Guardiola....crikey,, he plays Delph and he is absolute dog shit.

Moments could have certainly have changed Sterling's World Cup, if the Sweden keeper doesn't get a hand to his one on one then he has an empty net (he should have teed up Kane after failing to go past the keeper) if Kane had passed to him he would have had a tap in vs Croatia, he brought the ball down today and laid off Kane for a great chance in the first half but Kane put it wide.

Should have scored vs Panama before Stones got his second, but it''s not like he's not been involved and has hidden. the obvious replacement for Sterling is Rashford, but he's not been effective when coming on bar Tunisia.

Sterling does a lot of good, but his touch can do with improving and his shooting can be erratic, shanked an horrible one wide today

Moments could have certainly have changed Sterling's World Cup, if the Sweden keeper doesn't get a hand to his one on one then he has an empty net (he should have teed up Kane after failing to go past the keeper) if Kane had passed to him he would have had a tap in vs Croatia, he brought the ball down today and laid off Kane for a great chance in the first half but Kane put it wide.

Should have scored vs Panama before Stones got his second, but it''s not like he's not been involved and has hidden. the obvious replacement for Sterling is Rashford, but he's not been effective when coming on bar Tunisia.

Sterling does a lot of good, but his touch can do with improving and his shooting can be erratic, shanked an horrible one wide today

Don’t forget his two left feet miss v Tunisia.

Yeah that was very bad and quite comical, was given offside but still he wasn't to know ::lol::.

Terrible wasn’t it.

What did he cost ? Was it £48million ?

Stephen Hawkins has better composure in front of an open goal than he does....:D

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.