Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Lets Spare A Thought

anewman

Fuck the fat headed idiot, he's only a victim of his own big mouth and his willingness to self publicise.

England are better off without him in my opinion.

As much as i loved the guy during his time with us, i think he would of inhibited the growth we've seen of this new England team.

Edited by jimmyjoojar

• Moderators

Without fat sam and his pints of wine, this may never have happened

Thank you Sam, your greed and ego have taken the England further than it could've imagined

Thank you Sam, your greed and ego have taken the England further than it could've imagined

That made me giggle :)  

Was thinking about this the other day - Had things panned out the way they have with the draw he could well have got us here; but I think after his reign, however successful, or not, we'd not have moved on.  Maybe I do him a disservice but I doubt it.

I feel GS and the FA's longer term plan is coming to the fore and it really has been a blessing in disguise.

I bet he is crying into his pint of wine wondering what could have been.

I'll be he is a bit annoyed, although I'm not sure we'd be in the position we are now.......he would probably still be picking Rooney

Many laughed when Southgate was appointed, but he's got us playing in a way that's good to watch and seems to have the respect and buy in from the players. I

I felt for him when it happened, and I was generally underwhelmed with England up until the recent friendlies

But then something clicked

The team played with pace and passion, they were a unit; greater than the sum of their parts, and no ego's in tow.

Released from the weight of expectation, the England of old was here...

So fuck him

I bet he is crying into his pint of wine wondering what could have been.

One may criticise FSA for plenty of things; arrogance, greed, leaving us in the lurch - you name it.

But NEVER criticise the man for drinking pints of wine, never.

I would have thought that Sam would be doing some TV work during the tournament.

And risk every other question being about his own short tenure. Fuck that.

TV wouldn't want it and I doubt he would.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.