Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Wtf Is Going On With Our Club?

bolty58

Who knows. It doesn't look to great but we've still 3 weeks to sort out, then the loan window after that.

The strike/bonus stuff has been disappointing.

A few people are happy Ken is charging £20 to park for a music gig.

Amos looks to be going to millwall on loan for season (last year) with us

The polish lad looks like a good signing with a strong pedigree

I’m as pro owners as they come. Think they’ve done a remarkable job getting us to where we currently are. With all said and done we should by playing in league 2 with a couple of administrations under our belt.

But even I’m starting to get slightly concerned. I just hope there’s a cunning plan within the loan market.

Might be nice for our first team to have a kick about at some point too.

I’m thinking KA had enough of Amos and the dispute is a way of finally getting rid, however it’s not great for team moral, not good for trying to attract new players and does not bode well for the season ahead. Ken’s methods are a on the unethical side in fact he’s probably the Donald Trump of football club owners.

Edited by Mounts Kipper

I’m as pro owners as they come. Think they’ve done a remarkable job getting us to where we currently are. With all said and done we should by playing in league 2 with a couple of administrations under our belt.

But even I’m starting to get slightly concerned. I just hope there’s a cunning plan within the loan market.

Might be nice for our first team to have a kick about at some point too.

I agree with you gonzo I am starting to get a little bit concerned just hoping now that amos as gone things may get sorted.

I’m thinking KA had enough of Amos and the dispute is a way of finally getting rid, however it’s not great for team moral, not good for trying to attract new players and does not bode well for the season ahead. Ken’s methods are a on the unethical side in fact he’s probably the Donald Trump of football club owners.

Aye I couldn’t give a fuck about Amos. He’s creamed about £2 million off the club and I wouldn’t recognise him if he was sat next to me in my van right right now staring out in to the abyss of the Irish Sea wondering where the nearest dinghy shop is.

It’s the fact our pre season campaign consists of non league cloggers and we can’t even manage a game with any of them.

And we’ve let 3 players go in Morias, Pratley and Henry who could’ve easily done another 6 months. I’m sure another year on all their deals would be better than going in to the new season without any players.

I trust the andersons to sort it, they always do, but it’s getting a bit close for comfort. We play a premier league team in about 3 weeks.

If anything the thing that worries me is the closer we get to the season and window closing a few days after the more likely we are to panic recruit.

The best frees I assume are mainly gone now. And we don't have money to buy.

So we're looking at presumably a few squad frees still and some loans. So will lots of teams and the window in January left us short with Madine going and nobody suitable coming in despite the best efforts. I worry a similar thing might happen now. Ken's brinksmanship is fine but seems he's prepared to gamble on another half a season with an even more precarious position. Eventually doing that will catch up with you. 

Aye I couldn’t give a fuck about Amos. He’s creamed about £2 million off the club and I wouldn’t recognise him if he was sat next to me in my van right right now staring out in to the abyss of the Irish Sea wondering where the nearest dinghy shop is.

It’s the fact our pre season campaign consists of non league cloggers and we can’t even manage a game with any of them.

And we’ve let 3 players go in Morias, Pratley and Henry who could’ve easily done another 6 months. I’m sure another year on all their deals would be better than going in to the new season without any players.

I trust the andersons to sort it, they always do, but it’s getting a bit close for comfort. We play a premier league team in about 3 weeks.

Aren’t there plenty of dingy shops in Blackpool?

I think the market has been slightly distorted by the World Cup, there doesn’t seem to have been a whole lot going on elsewhere either in terms of transfers. One thing this country isn’t short of is players without a club which is the pond we’re fishing in. I do agree though that we need to massively get our skates on given how close the season actually is. Definitely can’t afford a start like last season.

All down to finances innit.

Clearing out the older players & squad fillers, &  replacing them with upgrades - especially Oztumer - gave us some early optimism of progress but the financial reality of no new investment coming in has brought us back down to earth.

It's looking likely that we'll be filling up the squad with dregs that nobody else wants & a couple of last minute loans again  -  without bringing in a 1st choice striker, relegation is a certainty, & even with him but without further upgrades, it's about a 50/50 chance of staying up.

Even worse....last season's survival was largely down to togetherness, with the players clearly giving it everything & the great majority of fans supporting them......sadly the players' strike has opened up divisions all over the place.

On the plus side....the financial position does seem to be slowly improving & we still have a tremendous manager who has shown that he can motivate limited players & get results from a weak as piss squad......as long as we've got Parky, we've got a chance.

I've been trying to ignore it all what with the WC but it does all sound quite worrying.

Just keep thinking they've done OK so far so will just have to trust them.

Not a bean I can do about it either so no point worrying myself into a frenzy - mind you I'm not watching it every week these days so . . .

• Moderators

whilst he's gone to Millwall on loan, would he not still be our problem? as in, paying a chunk of his wages, and he'll still be due bonuses and all that? like he still is now despite being on loan at charlton all season

whilst he's gone to Millwall on loan, would he not still be our problem? as in, paying a chunk of his wages, and he'll still be due bonuses and all that? like he still is now despite being on loan at charlton all season

We’ll be paying a chunk, no doubt at all, but we’re not paying the full whack, at least.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're only getting around 50% contribution from Millwall towards Amos's wages, shame really, no doubt what we're still paying Amos, could be the difference in bringing in a couple more players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're only getting around 50% contribution from Millwall towards Amos's wages, shame really, no doubt what we're still paying Amos, could be the difference in bringing in a couple more players.

I think we were paying around 90% last year, I guess it will be similar