Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

University Of Bolton Stadium

Biggish Dave

Fred Done was offered the naming rights but simply wasn’t interested. He only sponsors the shirts as a favour to a Bolton supporting mate of his.

In truth though, does anyone give much of a shit what the stadium is called? Really?

It bothers me more that our fanbase seems to have a high proportion of bellends who can’t even stack

Up to bolty’s 51% Rule

Fred Done was offered the naming rights but simply wasn’t interested. He only sponsors the shirts as a favour to a Bolton supporting mate of his.

In truth though, does anyone give much of a shit what the stadium is called? Really?

I actually quiet like the "unibol". It's something I can explain rather than a random merchandise sponsor

Yeah it needs a good power wash.

All that black shit that’s drained off the windows means the seals have gone and they never get cleaned.

I get what you are saying but... We can't even pay the players half the time. Fuck paying for cosmetic shit to the stadium

• Site Supporter

I get what you are saying but... We can't even pay the players half the time. Fuck paying for cosmetic shit to the stadium

I always think it looks tacky seeing the green algae all over the bottom of the flood light pillars.

Surely get a student in over the summer with a bucket of soapy water.

I always think it looks tacky seeing the green algae all over the bottom of the flood light pillars.

Surely get a student in over the summer with a bucket of soapy water.

It's part of an ecosystem they're trying to establish :D

• 3 years later...
  • Site Supporter

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/20215818.university-bolton-stadium-plans-new-grand-arc-vote/

Long dormant plans for major works around Bolton Wanderers’ stadium including a “grand arc” of buildings with 200 apartments could be set to be revived.  

The wide-ranging plans will also include an upgraded arena building with accommodation for 500 students, a new sports building, a hotel, a new education building to the south of Burnden Way and an expansion to the west stand of the stadium for hospitality and office spaces.

The plans were first lodged all the way back in 2013 but will now be brought back before Bolton Council to be voted on next Thursday, having been deferred for further consultations since then.

Planning committee chair Cllr John Walsh said: “It’s an application to be dealt with its an outstanding matter and will be treated like any other outstanding matter.”

He added: “It’s unusual it has taken so long but that is due process.”

The Bolton News:

The plans will see major expansion works around the stadium

As well as the apartments and hotel, the “grand arc” of seven buildings will include spaces for retailers, food and drink outlets, offices and sport and leisure facilities.

The restructured west stand aims to provide up to 3,000 square metres of including hospitality areas and administration facilities.

Elsewhere on the site, a new sports building will be linked to the Arena building and feature sports halls, tennis courts, changing rooms and admin facilities, with an indoor football pitch.

Upgrades to the existing sports facilities will include improvements to the running track and a 3G artificial football pitch.

The Bolton News:

An artist's impression of one of the new buildings

Existing car park will also be “rationalised” to provide extra parking spaces.

The plans also include access propels including junction improvements to the Spirit of Sport Roundabout and elsewhere around the site to help address concerns raised in Horwich and Westhoughton about the effects this could have on traffic in both areas.

As well as allaying traffic concerns, Bolton Council has also required that at least 15 per cent of the 200 flats be deemed “affordable” and that the project includes open space which the developers have agreed to.

The planning committee is set to meet next Thursday to discuss the plans.

Edited by Cheese

• Site Supporter
4 hours ago, Matt Lofthouse said:

Chuck rows A-C in while they are at it and a quick jet wash of the floodlight structures. 

Certainly the latter.

Was discussing this very think earlier today with a fellow poster. I'd volunteer to help, if the club put out a request for folk to turn out.

Would probably be forbidden under health and safety regulations though.

I offered to do the windows and stuff when we hit the buffers but heard nothing back.

Those window above main entrance and grey brickwork need replacing. The black seals have gone and that's what's causing all those black water marks.

• Site Supporter
8 minutes ago, gonzo said:

I offered to do the windows and stuff when we hit the buffers but heard nothing back.

Those window above main entrance and grey brickwork need replacing. The black seals have gone and that's what's causing all those black water marks.

I remember going to watch us at Huddersfield a good while back. They'd built their stadium a little while before ours, but I was surprised to see all weather track around the pitch green with algae. Looked shabby.