Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

University Of Bolton Stadium

Biggish Dave

Superb this, sounds like the club want to support the town, and the uni want to support the club.

Is that not what footy clubs are for??

Good move this. Rather than a soulless coorporation, a vested interest in the future of the town.

• Members

it's still got a football pitch and 2 sets of goal posts in the middle of it, who cares what it's called

Just wait til they add the 'New' to the front and it becomes the NUOBS Stadium.

Mind you, with half of our support.........................................................

When Fibrlec were the sponsors they were linked with the Uni and i know what they paid as the primary sponsor. The deal was pittance. 

I cant imagine this deal is anywhere near that either. Just shows for all the will in the world how difficult it is to attract investment for a medium sized club struggling at the bottom end of the 2nd tier.

but you cant knock the intentions of the board. better than the Betfred or some other shit company 

Embargo's, debts, players striking, relegation etc  I can't see there being a huge list of companies throwing money to be associated with us.  If we have to have a third party to name it, this is the best.

Let's face it, we sold our soul naming it the Reebok regardless off the affinity it has with the town.

The University Stadium would have sounded better but what does it really matter anyway.

It will do for me.

Superb this, sounds like the club want to support the town, and the uni want to support the club.

Is that not what footy clubs are for??

Good move this. Rather than a soulless coorporation, a vested interest in the future of the town.

Shock and horror an Everton making a sensible comment. ????

Public money? You'll have to explain that one. Unless you regard student fees as public money?

Always happy to be corrected if I’m wrong!

What’s the proportion of student fees v other income?