Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Pne Away

burnden

Exemplified perfectly by the posts on here mid game. Rest of us are enjoying a great day out and a superb start to the season. They are miserable because they can’t say ‘told you so’.

Must admit when it was 2-0 I remember thinking we aren't playing bad, being here is miles better than the misery you feel when you are at home and just hear bolton are 2 down after 20 minutes. I texted my step daughter at 3.25 listening on I player in Majorca not to take notice of the score in terms of how we were playing. I was even able to tell her Williams looked like a player as you can just tell the way good players look in possession, even after 25 minutes in which you've gone 2 down. It's all black and white, ecstasy or misery sat at home, so many other factors good or bad when you are there.

I can't remember the last time we came from 2 down

We look a different animal now

Onwards and upwards. Coywm

Agreed, although that comeback at Barnsley with 2 goals in 3 minutes was similar. Added to the 2 in 2 v Forest it's not a bad habit that we appear to be able to get points when conceding first which was never the case for 3 or 4 years.

I'd be guessing 2-4pts, similar to what QPr/Ipswich/Reading are on now.

I think Barnsley had a half decent start and Sunderland won a couple early season games

In fact Sunderland 5 points Barnsley 7 and Burton 4

Edited by CMW

Did anyone else think Preston seem a bit small time? We don't claim to have a great atmosphere at home but their fans seem half hearted in the extreme, bearing in mind they were 2 up in a derby. Also their team, with the note able exception of Gallacher, seem like a bunch of young lads trying to find their way in the game, I recognised hardly anyone. Do PNE ever sign an experienced recognised championship player? Not a criticism just an observation, on and off the pitch they just seem to be going through the motions with a lack of purpose and passion.

Did anyone else think Preston seem a bit small time? We don't claim to have a great atmosphere at home but their fans seem half hearted in the extreme, bearing in mind they were 2 up in a derby. Also their team, with the note able exception of Gallacher, seem like a bunch of young lads trying to find their way in the game, I recognised hardly anyone. Do PNE ever sign an experienced recognised championship player? Not a criticism just an observation, on and off the pitch they just seem to be going through the motions with a lack of purpose and passion.

Not a bad young side PNE imo, should comfortably finish mid table.

Their fans didn't seem up for it though, only 12k of them on for a local derby.

Didn't hear a peep from them till they went 2 up, then they went silent again after we pulled it back.

Enjoyed that ,a proper laugh. biggest shock of the day !

Embankment arranges a minibuzz ,and it turns up :thumbsup:

Transport is nothing to do with me , after the Wigan incident.

All travel arranged by The Bat.

Excellent service as usual.

Returning to the match .

Out of 4 goals I only saw 1.

Missed their first . ( bloody long walk through that park)

Saw 2nd goal.

40 mins . Went for a piss and a pie. ( school boy error !!).

Very happy with the draw, made even better by Rovers getting battered today

I think there lack of success over the last 60 years means that they’ve missed out on generations of fans I live in Chorley area and rarely see a PNE fan. It’s £2 for kids and they only get 12k it’s pathetic. By the way less than 9k home fans on at Wigan the shower of shit.

• Site Supporter

I think there lack of success over the last 60 years means that they’ve missed out on generations of fans I live in Chorley area and rarely see a PNE fan. It’s £2 for kids and they only get 12k it’s pathetic. By the way less than 9k home fans on at Wigan the shower of shit.

we only had 12k against sheff utd, , slagging shit support is a dangerous way to go.

unless you want to call out our non attenders 

Not a bad young side PNE imo, should comfortably finish mid table.Their fans didn't seem up for it though, only 12k of them on for a local derby.Didn't hear a peep from them till they went 2 up, then they went silent again after we pulled it back.

Quite a bit of discontent amongst Preston fans. They’ve done solid, plucky upper mid table in this league and are wanting their owner to invest to push for promotion. He wants to invest in their training ground though. Hit their glass ceiling and can’t break through unless something changes.

We played well, against a team that just missed out on play offs last season and were surely ripped for a top 10 finish.

Great character showed at 2 down, fans great and almost felt a bit disappointed we didn't win!!

So come on, what are we all bickering about, it could be a lot lot lot worse.

Next stop qpr.

we only had 12k against sheff utd, , slagging shit support is a dangerous way to go.

unless you want to call out our non attenders

Yes but 12k against us for a local derby with good ticket prices. Average last year 2k less than us, presumably very similar away crowds but their prices much lower than ours. And kids get free season tickets, it just shows how misleading crowd figures can be. Anyway, it's not the size of the support its the quality and PNE's is as poor as any in this league.

After the play off final at Cardiff a few of us had a drink and a chat with some Preston fans, good lads. Not too longer later we were in the segregated queues at the train station and the very same lads were mouthing off and giving it the classic “come on then” gestures from behind a barrier.

After the play off final at Cardiff a few of us had a drink and a chat with some Preston fans, good lads. Not too longer later we were in the segregated queues at the train station and the very same lads were mouthing off and giving it the classic “come on then” gestures from behind a barrier.

I've found they're a decent lot in the main. Similar story watching it in a bar in Ibiza with two young families - one supporting Bolton one Preston. Both with little lads of about 6 or 7 watching their respective teams. Any obviously the little lad from Preston was heartbroken after the game. But his Dad consoled him and then taught him a brilliant life lesson by giving him some money - asking him to go to the bar and buy a coke and then go up to the little lad from Bolton and say congratulations and give him drink and a handshake. Honestly - it was one of the best bits of parenting I've ever witnessed. I was a bit choked myself!

I know one deluded not right who was adamant that in addition to having more possession, they had more shots, and more on target... until I showed him BBC Sports stats

He thought we were lucky, and they should've won, despite the fact for sizeable chunks of the game they were hanging on

I've found they're a decent lot in the main. Similar story watching it in a bar in Ibiza with two young families - one supporting Bolton one Preston. Both with little lads of about 6 or 7 watching their respective teams. Any obviously the little lad from Preston was heartbroken after the game. But his Dad consoled him and then taught him a brilliant life lesson by giving him some money - asking him to go to the bar and buy a coke and then go up to the little lad from Bolton and say congratulations and give him drink and a handshake. Honestly - it was one of the best bits of parenting I've ever witnessed. I was a bit choked myself!

Thats fooking ace

Edited by Pablo

Bolton lad should've responded with "2-0 and you fucked it up"