Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Birmingham City Home

RUREADY2ROLL

Amazing work by Ameobi to put the cross in and then get into the six yard box to put away his own cross.

That Bogle was good for them.

Love that Polish lad.

Young Turk was decent when he got his foot on the ball - particularly near the end when he had a bit more space.

Amazing work by Ameobi to put the cross in and then get into the six yard box to put away his own cross.

That Bogle was good for them.

Love that Polish lad.

Young Turk was decent when he got his foot on the ball - particularly near the end when he had a bit more space.

Thought Bogle was utter gash myself

We look a big strong (barring Oztumer) well organised team loved o neill always liked him so I wanted him to be good but thought he showed some real class. Wildschut was a bit dodgy but he’ll be decent I think and the pole looks a real durable player.

Can’t remember last time the eleven that finished was stronger than the starting eleven ...... squad is so much stronger than last season fair fucks to Anderson’s and parky long may it continue.

Well better to play poorly and win , than to play poorly and lose.

We need to find a way to play at home , we look like the away team .

Until Ameobi came on we couldn't retain the ball

Lowe and O'neill are too similar and lack pace , O'neill is my preference .

Well bring on Saturday ,

Like I said after the last game, we limited them to a lot of pointless actions on the pitch.

A lot of possession, and shots from distance.

But, we still need to improve our own possession, when we do have it.

Need to have more composure, which can really prevent unnecessary pressure on our defence, which does send everyone to panic stations. And which gives them control of the game, as we start to give away free kicks and corners, in which they have a greater chance of scoring from.

When we do keep it, and string a couple of passes together, we hurt them.

2nd half was much better.

Think we are all getting nosebleeds from being this high up,long may it continue!

Edited by Lostock Whites

Good to get one back on them after they scruffed that win late last season, all about options on the bench, we had a game changer to bring on for last half hour and he did just that.

Olkowski superb again, well timed tackles and composure on ball. O'Neil stayed the pace really well and couple of important bits of defensive work late on.

We did look like the away team again but thought we were better than Bristol game, particularly second half. To be fair to Parky, it's all about accumulating points and we've got nearly a quarter of what we managed all last season in four games, happy days.