Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Millwall away.

embankment

8 of us met up outside  Whitesman's Mansion. Mini Buzz turned up, all piled in including new lad ( another son of Early Dart , ever 2 seasons another one turns up.) On to Piccadilly ready for the rattler to Crewe . The rest of our lot turn up. Early Dart, The Umpire , El Matador (he sups in the Bull) and not forgetting The Princess ( sporting a new pair of Monkey Boots. Cause she is going to Millwall). Train to Crewe then packed rattler to London. First stop the Shakespere for breakfast.Sputnik screws up and orders 4 small ones, seen bigger happy meals. Crawshawbooths and mine turn up late , free ale offered . RESULT. Only 10.35 and i'm on me third. On to Pendrals and then a new venue. Cittee of York. Sams Smiths , confession booths and 1920's atmosphere. A new must visit !!! . The Umpire did a runner to see Bob Dylan and spend £250 on a book of doodles. On to Fleet Street and London Bridge. As usual a highly forgettable match. But did watch the second half stood next to Amiobi's female cousin. After the match time for a quick one in The Rocket before catching the rattler back.Whilst waiting in manc, knocked a couple back in Monroes.

Beltin day out. Decent result. And NOT one pint of the dreaded DOOM BAR.

SEE YA ALL AT BRENTFORD.

6 hours ago, embankment said:

8 of us met up outside  Whitesman's Mansion. Mini Buzz turned up, all piled in including new lad ( another son of Early Dart , ever 2 seasons another one turns up.) On to Piccadilly ready for the rattler to Crewe . The rest of our lot turn up. Early Dart, The Umpire , El Matador (he sups in the Bull) and not forgetting The Princess ( sporting a new pair of Monkey Boots. Cause she is going to Millwall). Train to Crewe then packed rattler to London. First stop the Shakespere for breakfast.Sputnik screws up and orders 4 small ones, seen bigger happy meals. Crawshawbooths and mine turn up late , free ale offered . RESULT. Only 10.35 and i'm on me third. On to Pendrals and then a new venue. Cittee of York. Sams Smiths , confession booths and 1920's atmosphere. A new must visit !!! . The Umpire did a runner to see Bob Dylan and spend £250 on a book of doodles. On to Fleet Street and London Bridge. As usual a highly forgettable match. But did watch the second half stood next to Amiobi's female cousin. After the match time for a quick one in The Rocket before catching the rattler back.Whilst waiting in manc, knocked a couple back in Monroes.

Beltin day out. Decent result. And NOT one pint of the dreaded DOOM BAR.

SEE YA ALL AT BRENTFORD.

My neck of the woods, that. Cittie of York, Ye Olde Mitre, Cheshire Cheese, Seven Stars (beware the ruffled cat), Cock Tavern, Old Bank of England,  Old Bell, Punch Tavern - the list goes on*.

* some sell Doombar

• The topic was unpinned

The Bat was onboard , how else could we have made the trip ? Spends hours clicking on numerous web sites , ordernance survey maps and the financial times months in advance in order to plan our trips. Usually manages to save us each a small fortune over the season ( of which he takes 2% commission ) Hence his massive pension pot and overseas villa . Over the seasons he has planned some very strange trips. Odd ones including Saturdays diversion to Crewe. ( something to do with Burnley ). A trip to Watford a few years ago, train,  mini bus and then another train !!!!!! . The Bat is easily spotted , just look out for someone with around 60 (i am not joking) train tickets in his hand at Piccadilly Station with us lot lined up infront , like a bunch of inmates from Over the Cuckoo's Nest. 

IN THE BAT we trust .!!

Edited by embankment