Wanderers Ways. Neil Thompson 1961-2021

Our next manager

gonzo

1 hour ago, Mr Grey said:

Very unlikely to be Old Barrow Boy Redknapp, he has gone in the Jungle thank fook and very likely to be made to feel at home by the snakes.................... but Ant is available?

Which one is Ant?

1 hour ago, ohjimmyjimmy said:

Haven't we already got a manager?

I might be missing the point of this thread..?

Seeing as the one we have got is on the thinnest ice of his bolton career I don’t think it’s unreasonable to raise the question of who is next do you not?

32 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Seeing as the one we have got is on the thinnest ice of his bolton career I don’t think it’s unreasonable to raise the question of who is next do you not?

The last thing we heard from Ken was no "immediate change of manager". Is there anything to suggest that has seriously changed?

6 minutes ago, bwfcfan5 said:

The last thing we heard from Ken was no "immediate change of manager". Is there anything to suggest that has seriously changed?

Maybe not,, however I think the fact he hasn't commented as yet is a little odd!

PP should be worried...

Edited by JimmyRiddle

Well the current situation can’t and won’t carry on that’s for certain.

Once the fans turn, sections of the dressing room have gone, there’s only 2 ways it’s ending up. 

Results pick up or he’s a gonner. 

Edited by gonzo

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, gonzo said:

Once the fans turn, sections of the dressing room have gone, there’s only 2 ways it’s ending up. 

The one I fear is league one and ticket price hikes on STs to cover the losses caused by apathy

• Site Supporter
1 minute ago, ZicoKelly said:

The one I fear is league one and ticket price hikes on STs to cover the losses caused by apathy

I think apathy has already spread to st holders. Unless the situation changes, there'll be quite a drop next year, whatever division we're in.

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, radcliffewhite1 said:

We was lucky last time we maintained good sales in league 1

this man takes us down and remains they will take a massive hit and like you say a price hike 

And then we'll really see what difference £5 a game makes to attendances

26 minutes ago, Rizlar said:

KA doesn't have the money to sack him so I am afraid we are stuck with bingo machine team selections clueless tactics defenders who cant defend midfielders who can't pass and strikers who can't score!

So league 1 beckons.

I dont go along with this, and if Ken wanted a change it can easily be factored into the wage bill.  Its the difference of the new manager wage only, as sacking him doesn't essentially mean we have to pay in a lump sum.  He could remain on the monthly wage bill.  City under Peter Swales had around 4-5 managers on the payroll at one time.

The issue comes from not having the money to back someone else or not give him any grief over the conditions they will have to work in.

Personally I think any change is worth a go, as we are going down with Parky...  Getting a new manager doesn't necessarily change us going down but may be going down playing more expansive football would enable us to retrain a big percentage of STs in league one!